Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#49680 02/13/08 04:15 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Wowzers! Three for three!!!!!

Naturally, being the husband of the author has it's perks. Namely, I usually get to read it first laugh

My beloved has uniquely crossovered not one but two fandoms, both of them cartoons!

Being the father of three under nine years of age, both are VERY familiar to me.

Have to admit it, the following line really threw me.
Lois bounded into the room, using her long hairy arms...
I mean, really, her arms ar not that hairy!!!

“I didn’t let you stay because I don’t need a commando-style babysitting service. I’m fine.”
Snort!

“There’s nothing like watching you chew,” she teased. “Be still, my heart.”
Double snort!

“Just keep her safe,” Scardino instructed him, as if Clark needed the reminder.

“Always,” he promised, locking eyes with his competitor.
Aww, how touching, dueling babysitters.

“He even slept on my fire escape last night to make sure no bad guys came in and got me in the night.”

“That’s great!” He sounded uber-relieved. Was he that worried about her safety? “I mean, that’s good--really, really good.”
smile1

Besides, nothing’s going to happen with Ultravigilant Man there to come to the rescue, ‘bodyguard of champions’.”
laugh

“Wowsers! This sounds important. Sorry, but I’m afraid I need to ask for a rain check on dinner.”
Sort of like someone else in her life...

Go, go, Gadget-gift.
Oh so Daniel.

With Elisabeth writing this, I can't tell you how many nights we went to bed with theme music for Inspector Gadget lulling us to sleep...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#49681 02/13/08 09:45 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lois bounded into the room, using her long hairy arms to scoot herself across the floor. She reached for his hand with her prehensile tail, swinging herself into his arms. She screeched at him happily. He patted the soft chestnut fur on the top of her head.
I laughed so hard that I thought I’d fall off my chair!!

Today was going to be a dangerous day at the DEA.
Hah! The only way that Dan could get Lois was to get his own Lois in the form of a monkey!

What was it about Lois that she needed to play chicken with death all of the time?
Yeah, Lois. Why?

Haven’t you ever heard that curiosity killed the monkey?”

“The cat,” she corrected automatically
Not if you’re Curious Geo...uh, Lois. Curious Lois.

His hat opened and a mechanical arm delivered a bouquet of flowers.
Better than that awful sculpture.

I love how you did these dreams and made them so ‘life like’. You got me both times... Especially since somehow I can imagine Dan using that helicopter and using his hand as a phone... Giggles.

She reached a hand out, drawing comfort as Clark closed his fingers around hers. “On second thought, why don’t you drive me home? The company might be nice.”
Awww....

And a special thank you to James for providing me with the poster. I know he enjoyed messing with Dan's face.
Poster? What poster? Edit - Found it!

Great story, Elisabeth!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#49682 02/14/08 04:08 AM
Columnist
Columnist
I saw the poster, which I loved. So I really was curious to the story.... like curious George goofy !!

“My work can be a very dangerous place for a monkey like you,”
*rotflol*

Or did she want to spend it at work with Clark, who apparently was afraid of commitment, even though he never tried to control her or stifle who she was?
Oh please Lois, choose Clark wink !!

I laughed so hard at the Go, go, Gadget references!!

She reached a hand out, drawing comfort as Clark closed his fingers around hers. “On second thought, why don’t you drive me home? The company might be nice.”
aaaww,that's sweet!

Really, this was great laugh !!!!

-Camy

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
#49683 02/14/08 05:03 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Elisabeth, this was great. I admit that when I saw you were doing a crossover with Curious George I was dubious, but this story had me LOL!
rotflol

I know it's been quoted before, but ...
Lois bounded into the room, using her long hairy arms to scoot herself across the floor.
/me eyes boggle. What?!

I loved both dream sequences, but the day story is just as good. I can see Lois getting more and more frustrated every day as Dan refuses to acknowledge her need to be understood and appreciated, rather than wrapped in tissue paper and placed on a shelf.

And this:
“I thought you might like someone walking you into work, but I hadn’t realized that Dan…”

“…is on his way to breakfast,” Lois finished for him. “I don’t mind walking with you.”

“But I thought we were-” Scardino protested.

“I told you I’d already eaten,” she reminded him with a goodbye peck on the cheek.
I love it when Lois chooses Clark over Dan. Thanks for showing us what made her finally decide to dump Dan. On the show, we're privy to her session with Dr. Friskin and then we get to see her walking about making her decision, but actually seeing her grow dissatisfied with Dan make so much more sense.

This whole business of not talking was a surefire way to drive her wacko.

“Do you know what happens when you suppress babbling? It builds up like a pressure cooker until lunacy seems normal.”

“Huh?” Her partner twisted in his seat, eyeing her warily.
lol

Loved it. Thanks

#49684 02/14/08 09:04 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
OK, this was too cute for words. I haven't seen the poster yet (I plan to go looking right after this), but the Curious George dream had me *roaring* with laughter. Literally. So loud I'm glad I'm home alone. rotflol

The Inspector Gadget dream was also awesome, especially since I'm a huge Get Smart fan and Gadget is basically GS in cartoon form. *g* But the main story was the best part. It really filled in a lot of the gaps of what we didn't see on screen between Lois and Dan. Although the ending is obvious different from the show, I could see so much of this actually occurring in between episodes.

Great job! These crossovers are fun!

#49685 02/14/08 05:59 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
This is so much fun, Elisabeth! The Go-Go-Gadget parts had me laughing so hard, and I loved the Penny Lane reference. Great work. smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard