Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
M
Such a cute story! smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cute. I thought the Granpa part of the story was going to be in Clark's words. You switched to his Grandfather's point of view from Clark's thinking about it at school to it actually happening in another POV. That was a little confusing to me but the story itself is cute. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Thanks for the feedback, MrsMosley and Laurach!

I would have responded sooner, but RL has been insane this week. I haven't had more than a half hour to myself since last Monday night.

Sadly, on Tuesday, I reread this and realized that I have no business posting stories when I'm up as I'm suffering from insomnia for the second night in a row (as I did with this last Monday). I have now corrected a ton of grammatical issues with this story as well as the POV problem. The second part of the story is still told from Clark's grandfather (I wrote a version with it from Clark's POV, but it didn't work very well), but now at least I don't change POV randomly through that scene, so hopefully it will be less confusing.

I'm glad you both liked this even it's sad, messy state!

Columnist
Columnist
Oh, I remember reading this, and then telling myself I'd give feedback later. Well, I guess this is later.

As you've probably discovered by now, I view grammar as kind of an optional thing to be followed only when I feel like it. So any errors you made in this story didn't really bother me. wink

I especially liked the part told from the grandfather's perspective. Very cute how he keeps trying to explain Clark's odd behavior in rational ways.

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I'm with Beth. This is later.

As I was reading it, I totally forgot that Grandpa wasn't in the know, so to speak. I kept thinking he was feeding Clark the excuses he should have been using. It wasn't until I finished reading the story and walked down the hallway that a little lightbulb went on over my head. Doh!

After that, it was a whole different story. Can you imagine how Gramps must have been scared out of his shorts for Clark's safety?

Elisabeth

A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Thanks, Beth and Elisabeth.

I think, and my memory of this is iffy, that Clark didn't start to really have powers (in LnC, anyway) until he was 10. So, Grandpa certainly didn't know Clark's secret in this story as Clark was only 8, so there was no secret to tell.

Still, it was more fun to do this with a grandparent than with Martha or Jonathan. Mainly as the rest of the scene was more fun to write with a "conspirator" - and that couldn't be one of his parents.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard