Next Thread
Print Thread
#49503 02/07/08 09:29 AM
A
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
A
It looks like I'm starting the feedback thread for this part then! Where's gr8shades? wink

I loved Kaylie's insecurity in the morning after realising she'd slept (in the literal sense) with Jon, and the full-blown-panic-babble mode was brilliant.

There was something amazingly sweet about Jon shooting Sproxton after being so adamant about not wanting to use a weapon, because he had kryptonite and was therefore killing Kaylie.

I can't wait for the next (and, sob, last) part!

- Alisha (who's happy about a sequel, but still determined to be sorry that Honesty's over!)

#49504 02/07/08 09:58 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Who dear? Me dear? Where dear? HERE dear! mad

Alisha, how VERY dare you!

grumble

Beth, your timing is impeccable! wink

I've been subjected to La Traviata by my boss for the last three nights (and still more to come!). Not that I should complain really - as long as he's happy I don't have to entertain him! And it's not as if I'm averse to a little culture now and then, but well, I've discovered that the joy of opera's not really mine. Anyway, a little discreet LnC reading on my lap went a long way to soothing this savage beastie, so thanks. thumbsup

Ps. Can I suggest a little fumbling nficcy epilogue?

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#49505 02/07/08 01:04 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Great part, Beth! smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#49506 02/07/08 05:13 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow love the whole nervous virgin thing on both parts, very cute. Nice save at the end Jon, now get her away from the Kryptonite. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#49507 02/07/08 05:49 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Whew, Jon to the rescue!

And a general LOL at breakfast. Really boosts my cooking confidence as I read about yet another round of non-cooks in the L&C world. goofy

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#49508 02/08/08 12:13 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Wow... I was gone for like a week, I come back and there’s three new chapters waiting for me! This is just too good!!!

The story is so good, you do good with action. The bad thing is, that it’s chapter 17 out of 18, that’s not good at all.

I loved the way Kaylie could manage being exposed to the kryptonite, and still keep a façade. It was a good thing that Sproxton thought she was getting cold feet, because then he didn’t notice the effects of the kryptonite.

Looking at the briefcase was not a smart thing to do though. How could she have known the kryptonite was there without feeling it? Lucky for her that he didn’t noticed it, and took her reaction to it as fear of shooting him dead.

I also like it where you are taking their relationship. Kaylie is scared to hell of intimacy, poor thing, good thing she found such a sweetheart like Jon who can understand her. Most guys aren’t like that.

#49509 02/08/08 10:27 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, looks like the old kissing technique still works. But apparently Kaylies subconsciousness is not good at multi tasking, i.e. being afraid of heights and flying and at the same time feeling loosing the ground because of some kissing apparently doesn't fly smile

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#49510 02/08/08 10:36 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Alisha, you wrote:

There was something amazingly sweet about Jon shooting Sproxton after being so adamant about not wanting to use a weapon, because he had kryptonite and was therefore killing Kaylie.
Yes, it is sweet isn't it? Or else you can see it as Kaylie having a corrupting influence on him. First he's using a taser, and soon he'll be knocking out cops alongside her. wink

gr8shades, I'm more than happy to provide you with a break from too much culture. But unfortunately, I don't write nfic, so you'll have to provide some yourself if you want any.
wink

Thanks Lisa and Laura for commenting as well!

JD, I know what you mean about being a bad cook. And I think some of my lack of talent snuck into Jon and Kaylie. Hopefully, they will get better with time, though. You have to be a pretty bad cook to screw up scrambled eggs!

dedecasale:

I loved the way Kaylie could manage being exposed to the kryptonite, and still keep a façade.
This shows off some of her NIA training, I think. It's not everyone who can pretend nothing's happening when they're being exposed to Kryptonite for the first time.

I also like it where you are taking their relationship. Kaylie is scared to hell of intimacy, poor thing, good thing she found such a sweetheart like Jon who can understand her.
Kaylie is a little unsure of herself, that's for sure. One of the things that interests me is that her relationship with Jon has made her less independent both in her personal life and in her professional life, yet she's happier because of it.

#49511 02/08/08 10:39 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Michael, I just saw your post when mine came up. I'm under the opinion that kissing always works. sloppy

#49512 02/08/08 03:54 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Nobody else but the dad in this family cooks? Sheesh, the kids might have starved if not for Clark.

I also liked Jon's shocking reaction to Kaylie's danger. But now that they have Sproxton, both sets of Kryptonite, and the controls to the machine, what's left?

Oh, yeah. The kissy part. The part they'll tell to embarrass their teenagers in several years. (I've learned that teens get totally grossed out when their parents talk about their romantic youth. Can't imagine why.) The part all the B-plot loving lady readers are waiting for.

Oh, well, yeah, I'm waiting for it too. So where is it?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#49513 02/09/08 07:00 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, lots of good stuff. And I haven't time to comment properly frown

--Liked Kaylie's "morning after" panic babble
--Jon's a sweetie - got that from his dad. Cooking skills seem to have come from mom wink
--I loved that he got her flying while kissing
--Loved the "you drive, I'll fly" division of duties goofy

Kaylie's a trooper, and Jon rose to the occasion. Like I said, good stuff here.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#49514 02/09/08 01:03 PM
Columnist
Columnist
I also liked Jon's shocking reaction to Kaylie's danger
Terry, I'm assuming this pun was intentional. I'm always a sucker for a really bad pun. laugh The kissy part will be up within a few days. wink

PJ, thanks for giving me some feedback. I always appreciate it. Your comments are always better than anything I ever say to writers even when I do have the time.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard