Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

“Oh, you do disappoint me, Ms Lane. I would have thought that an award-winning investigative reporter like you would have already worked all of that out. I suppose you’re just not as good as you think you are,” the man behind her, pinning her to the floor, drawled.

And she knew that voice.

Lex Luthor was out of prison somehow, and he’d come looking for revenge.

And he was currently holding a gun to her head.
With does ears and Clark didn't hear her. frown

More soon, please.

MAF thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
And people accuse me of writing cliffhangers!

Kindly get her out of this as fast as you can. Like now.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A lot of fun stuff in here, Wendy -- I like Lois's thoughts at the beginning. And I noticed the repetition of "whirlwind" for both of them <g>

Good conversation on the street, beautiful lovely kiss... which is just as well, since Lois is obviously going to die now. goofy

Post more, and finish the darned story already!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Let's see, more pleasant interactions and some kissing... ho hum, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

er, what? A cliffhanger? Excellant!

Now we'll see if Wendy still has a little evil left in her.

Tank (who doesn't expect Wendy to let Lex kill Lois, but hopes that he at least gets a pound of flesh, so to speak, for what's she's done to Lex)

Kerth
Kerth
Yay!!! smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Top Banana
Top Banana
Poor, Poor Lex! whinging I see everyone's taking Lois and Clark's defense, but does anyone think about poor Lex and what stress he must be going through? Lois pretty much ruined his life; she destroyed everything he'd worked so hard for, and most of all she hurt his pride! How can he be blamed for taking revenge on her? evil

What a delightful way to end that scene, too, Wendy! jump Excellent! Now what's next? Will Lois realise (belatedly) that Lex is the right man for her, dump Clark, and smooch happily ever after with out favourite businessman?

muttermutterthiswayIcanhaveClarkmumblemutter

Kaethel smile (who adored the hilarious Mad Dog Lane scene with Samuels, but you already know that)

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

I'm glad to see you posting again. smile1

An excellent part! goofy
The smoochies are wonderful. sloppy

What a place to stop! cat
Please post the next part ASAP!

Tricia cool

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ack!!!!! eek

Just when things seem to be winding up nicely, you end with a cliffhanger!!!

Get Clark back there this instant and get them smooching happily again!!!

Excellent part!! Loved Mad Dog Lane and the walk home. Can't wait to see more!

Missy smile1

Top Banana
Top Banana
Ooooooooh! goofy get writing Wendy, and show us the result!

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Features Writer
Features Writer
Finally. I know I've been expecting a wham of this sort for a while now...I just didn't know exactly when or where it was going to happen.

And let's face it, this was the perfect place for it. Superman has made a spectacular debut. Lois and Clark have the exclusive. And then they share a wondrous waffy kiss. Everything is going their way - so of course Lex has to show. It's classic.

Now that we're all expressing our views on this evil cliffhanger
- some readers obviously rather smile , others feeling a little cat -
please feel free to post the next segment any time and put us all out of our misery. Assuming, of course, that it doesn't actually make things worse...

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow that was great Wendy! I loved the whole Superman in the public bit and the kiss was very sweet. But Ack what a way to leave us with Lex! More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
If she’d met him first as Superman, or whatever he would have called himself, she’d have been in complete awe of him.
Oh, she could imagine having a crush on him, sure; but as for imagining a relationship of equals... no way.
Both very good points. I agree that if Lois had known what Clark could do before he became Superman, she wouldn't have had the hero worship.

And eek the cliff hanger. I hate cliffhangers -- this should teach me not to read WIPs! Lex is evil! Hurry back here and post part 30 soon!

- Laura smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wendy
great part
ditto others and you know I don't like cliffhangers
more soon please
merry

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Comments on part 28: (Sorry... blush )

Second, of course, Lana had been a teenager, just like him, and he should never have placed so much reliance on the unthinking words of a sixteen-year-old. Teenagers thought they knew everything, he reflected. And then as they grew older, they realised just how much they didn’t know.
<lol> This is the second time I've read this in this story. So, be careful to remind me every now and then, would you? wink Just to make sure I won't fall into this trap.

“And I’d like to ask you some questions too,” Lois added, fixing him with a determined look. “So... who are you? And how can you do all these things?”

They hadn’t rehearsed this. They hadn’t planned what he was going to say. Clark wanted to interrupt, to stop her, to ask for more time to think about it... but he knew that it was futile. They were in the situation; he was surrounded by fire officers, paramedics, the police and members of the public, all watching from a not-very-discreet distance. So he had to answer.

“I’m... a friend. From - ” He took a deep breath. “From another planet. And I have certain... abilities which I want to use to help. Like here.”
It was so easy to picture Clark's facial expression here, like the deer in the headlights, and any reader's lips will curve into a huge grin when even thinking about it. That's our Clark! smile1

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wendy,
I'm so very glad that both you and I are back now. wink I caught back up with you, just in time for an evil cliffhanger -- argh!! smile1 )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Another great part, Wendy! I heard on the grapevine that there's only two parts left. Is that right?

It was a good thing that she’d known Clark as himself first, Lois thought as she watched the new Superhero at work. If she’d met him first as Superman, or whatever he would have called himself, she’d have been in complete awe of him.
I liked this paragraph. This aspect of her knowing Clark, the superhero, before knowing Superman, the superhero, combined with falling for Clark before he became a co-worker fixes all the relationship problems that kept them apart in the real series for so long. It got by all of Lois' hangups before they had a chance to kick in.

There was no way that Lois could have contemplated having such a... a god as a boyfriend. Oh, she could imagine having a crush on him, sure; but as for imagining a relationship of equals... no way.
Ironic since in the real show, she fooled herself about this for two years.

He was also the best thing that had ever happened to her. And she intended to hang onto him. This was one man Lucy wouldn’t be able to accuse her of scaring off!
Yay! thumbsup

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi guys!

Well, as ever, thanks so much for all your comments on this instalment!! smile

But... just one little thing...

And people accuse me of writing cliffhangers!
(And yes, you do write them, Nan!)

What a place to stop!
Just when things seem to be winding up nicely, you end with a cliffhanger!!!
Now that we're all expressing our views on this cliffhanger
And eek the cliff hanger. I hate cliffhangers -- this should teach me not to read WIPs! Lex is evil!
you know I don't like cliffhangers
I caught back up with you, just in time for an evil cliffhanger -- argh!!
Cliffhanger? What cliffhanger? <g>

Oh, you mean this bit:

Lex Luthor was out of prison somehow, and he’d come looking for revenge.

And he was currently holding a gun to her head.

That’s nothing! You want to see... well, never mind. wink

Ah! Finally! Someone who appreciates a little bit of tension every once in a while!
er, what? A cliffhanger? Excellant!
My old friend Tank! How wonderful!

And Saskia likes it too:
Ooooooooh! cliffhanger, angst and whams!! /me is suddenly very excited and happy
Excellent!!!

And Kaethel too:
What a delightful way to end that scene, too, Wendy! Excellent! Now what's next? Will Lois realise (belatedly) that Lex is the right man for her, dump Clark, and smooch happily ever after with out favourite businessman?
Well! This is quite a turnabout... but what’s this???
muttermutterthiswayIcanhaveClarkmumblemutter
You evil goofy

Thanks to everyone who commented on the scene with Samuels in the newsroom. I’m always really delighted (and stunned! evil

Part 30 coming up very soon! Thanks again, Maria, Nan, Pam, Tank, José, Kaethel, Missy, Tricia, Saskia, Kathy, Laura, Laura, Merry, Pel, Shelley and Roger.

And I need here also to thank my very dedicated and utterly fantastic beta-reader, Yvonne Connell, who has worked beyond the call of duty to read the remainder of this story so that I can post. And who gave me some great ideas along the way too! Thanks, Yvonne.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard