In this thread , Tank said:
What makes a fic good for you? A good haircut for Lois.
What ruins a fic for you? A missed opportunity for a good haircut for Lois.

And... well, I couldn't sidestep such a straight line, could I?

Five Times Lois Didn’t Get Her Hair Cut... and one time she did

“Lois -”

“Sorry, Chief! Gotta run, I’m late for my hair appointment. Thought it was time I went for something shorter, y’know.”

“Lois, Superman’s giving a press conference in five minutes.”

“On it, Chief!”

~>~>~>

“How about dinner tonight, Lois?”

“Oh, I’m sorry, Clark. I’ve only just this second booked an appointment to get my hair cut. You have NO IDEA how hard it is to get an appointment with Julio. He’s booked up weeks in advance!”

“Ah. See, I was kinda thinking... this little Italian place, you know, the one with those decadent chocolate desserts...”

“Really? Oh, well, I always said Julio’s overrated anyway.”

~>~>~>

“Step on it! I’m gonna be late for my appointment!”

“What d’you expect me to do, lady? This is Metropolis! We get traffic jams, that’s just the way it is.”

“I don’t care what you do! Just get me to Style by Design in the next three minutes, or -”

*CRASH*

“Somebody call an ambulance!”

~>~>~>

“Hand it over, lady.”

“You’ve got to be kidding! Get out of my way. I’ve got an appointment -”

“You wanna live to see the next five minutes, lady, hand over your purse.”

“I’ve put more scum like you in jail than you’ve had - OW!”

“Warned you. Hand it over. And you’d better hope that fancy-dancy hair salon place runs a tab.”

~>~>~>

“...and news just in: part of the west end of the downtown area has been completely destroyed by an explosion. Authorities are still trying to determine a cause. Several businesses on North Third Avenue have been destroyed or very badly damaged, including the Bank of Metropolis branch, Tad Williams Insurance Brokers and Sharp Cuts...”

~>~>~>

“So, how does it look, Clark?”

“You look beautiful. But then you always look beautiful.”

“No, how does it *really* look? Be honest with me, Clark. None of this telling me I’ll always look beautiful to you because you don’t want to hurt my feelings. Is this a disaster on the scale of cutting all my head off and dyeing my scalp purple, or is it just a bad hair day? And if it’s somewhere in between just how bad is it? You know what, if I call now I can probably get another appointment to have it fixed up - You’re hesitating, Clark. Why are you hesitating?”

“Honestly, Lois? Because your hair doesn’t look one bit different to me than when you walked out of here two hours, and probably a hundred bucks, ago.”

“Men!”

~ end

Just a fly-by! *waves*