Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
cp33 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Okay you have to know I clicked on this story with some fear and even more after I read your intro.

Now that I have read it I have to say thank you for sparing Lois. Maybe she should have donated those locks of hers to Locks of Love? Hey maybe you can let her hack off her hair again and donate it.

wave

N
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
N
OMG! That was *EVIL*! I laughed so hard, though. Poor, poor Lois. rotflol

A question for you - I noticed back in my lurking days that you, uh, let's say "dislike" Jimmy. Why not shave him next time? And then kill him off in some heinous manner?

Just a thought. laugh

"There are lots of people who can be clever with words, which is different from being right with them." Anne Enright
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Yay!!! Tank is back with an evil haircut story! With a happy ending!

At first I almost didn't dare to read it, when you said this:

I was in a nasty mood and decided to take it out on Lois.
Yeah, I know what Tank can do when he is in a nasty mood!!! eek

Ah, but then you reassured me (us) smile like this:

But since I'm rather fond of Lois I gave in and gave her a Happy Ending.
Well, phew! No need to call the Metropolis Morticians this time!

You had me giggling madly at this:

The King of Happy Endings strikes again.
clap

Oh, and as nepenthee said - welcome, nepenthee!! - why not take it out on Jimmy the next time? smile devil

Ann

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Tank - evil as always! Poor Lois! I would DIE if that happened to me [though I think I would have found a bald... 'cap'? whatever they're called to wear if possible rather than cutting it all off]! /me has memories of crying when her hair got cut too short

Carol [who would love to see more from Tank - even evilness to Jimmy]

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
That was a fun story, Tank. And it's a completely plausible explanation for the sudden hair change. The only part I missed was any musing by Lois about how it would be better for flying with Clark (since she knew about "the secret" by the time she revealed her shorter style).

I'd bet this gets more than one Kerth nomination next year. Great to see you back again, Tank.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What a scream!
rotflol

I'm glad you dug this one out of your files, Tank!

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Thanks to those who took the time to read this little throw away. I think that I must correct a misconception though.

Actually, as we all should agree, cutting Lois' hair is not an evil thing. But a good thing. The only thing evil about this was the 'extreme' nature in which Lois had too reduce the length of her locks. This ,of course, was done for dramatic effect.

Whereas a bald cap might be able to fool a camera in a television show or a movie, I don't think it would stand up to close up naked eye scrutiny. So, Lois had to go 'au natural', so to speak.

The happy ending was getting Lois to her 'best' look; the short style she affected early in season three.

Why would anyone want to give Jimmy a haircut? Who would care? Jimmy is an annoying and nearly useless supporting charcter with no use other than an unrealistic 'deus ex machina' with computers. I prefer to ignore him as much as possible.

For the record, I always liked the simple, above the shoulder page style that Lois wore in season one. I just liked the shorter style more. Because of that, I used to try to find a reason in my stories to bring about that look, if the seasonal setting hadn't already provided it. This became something of a trade mark. So much so, that the gentle readers began to 'expect' the haircut whether it would work logically into the story or not.

A writer should always try to give his readers what they want. wink

Thanks again for the kind words.

Tank (who has done a story where Lois sacrifices her locks in the name of charity)

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I'm not sure which was funnier, Mad Dog Lane doing the adorable look or the thought of Tank as the King of the Happy Ending.

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard