Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
cp33 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Carol this is one of the sweetest fics, I have read. It is tender and filled with evidence of the great trust Superman/Clark has for Lois.

For the first time since she came home, she approached the despondent superhero. She held out the cup. He didn't even glance up as he took it from her.

He didn't hear her gasp.

She backed to the other couch and sat down as what she'd just seen began to sink in.

It wasn't Superman sitting on her couch.

It was Clark.

The thought that he did have a secret identity and that it was that of her best friend and partner hit her like a ton of bricks.

A million thoughts flitted through her mind in just a few nanoseconds, but as she watched him sip the tea, a million more pushed those thoughts aside.

She'd thought Superman could go to Clark when things got too bad, but he was Clark.

So who did he go to?
I loved these lines because in that moment you knew how much Lois loved Clark. You also know that for the rest of their lives he is always going to have someone to come to.

Very touching

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wonderful fic!

Loved the interaction between Martha and Lois.

James, who got a laugh at the comment that cows cannot be milked at superspeed!

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
awww! dammit, this is so beautiful, you had me sitting here with tears in my eyes from beginning to end.

and you have to know, I completely lost it when I read this part:
She could feel Clark groan. "Great. Are the baby pictures coming out now?"

Martha winked at her. "Only the one on the yellow towel."
which probably sounds like a silly reaction to have, but it made sense to me at the time.

completely wonderful and waffy - totally made me feel all happy inside reading this story this morning. just exactly what I needed. bookmarking that so I can pick it up again later on the iPod to read it in the bus. heee!

notworthy notworthy

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I was particularly moved by how devastated everyone would be when Superman failed to rescue people. When there is no Superman, you accept that there are certain accidents that will kill people. When Superman is around, it seems almost like an affront that people die. How absolutley terrible it would be to be Superman and to have to feel guilty because you did your best but was unable to save everyone.

I loved how Superman came to Lois for support, full of "Superman grief" but oblivious to the fact that he wasn't dressed as Superman. This was certainly one of the best revelation stories I have ever read.

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by TOC:
I loved how Superman came to Lois for support, full of "Superman grief" but oblivious to the fact that he wasn't dressed as Superman. This was certainly one of the best revelation stories I have ever read.
That sums it up better than I ever could.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
N
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
N
Wow! Just wow - that's all I can say.

This story really got to me. I loved seeing everything through Lois's eyes and I thought you did an amazing job with a revelation that surprised both of them (and me!).

"There are lots of people who can be clever with words, which is different from being right with them." Anne Enright
Columnist
Columnist
I really lucked out this ficathon! Happy holidays to me! drool I never was a coffee drinker, myself.

"I love you, Clark Kent," she whispered as she stood at the window watching the stars.
Don't we all?

Thank you for another awesome fic! Feel free to keep them coming! wink

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Thank you all so much!

Cp33 – I’m glad you enjoyed it!

D8a – I really have no idea if you can milk cows at superspeed or not – not being a superhero myself and having never actually milked a cow – but it seems like one of those things that you can't rush wink .

Lara – wow! I'm so glad you liked it and that I made you cry wink ! Okay, not really, but it's good for my self-estee... okay, ego, to know that I was able to convey what I wanted to.

Ann – it seems that when something goes wrong, people want to blame someone else. It can't ever be 'one of those things'. Depending on your religious views, it could be 'God's fault' if there's no one else around to blame, but it's easier to blame someone who you can see and touch or feel. In time, the mom will realize that it really isn't Superman's fault – he reiterates to Lois that they both died instantly or pretty close to it, but he's convenient and so he gets blamed.

And this:
This was certainly one of the best revelation stories I have ever read.
Wow. Just... wow. Thank you. That means a lot to me!

And Michael, I'm glad you agree with her wink . Thank you!

Nepenthe – thank you! I'm glad I caught you off guard! Clark caught me a bit off guard when I realized he'd flown through her window but in his Clark clothes not the 'suit'.

Jessi! I am so glad you liked this! I have no clue where the yellow towel thing came from. I think I read a fic where it had been a challenge to work it in to a fic or something. Martha just said it. I have no idea why laugh . I don't drink coffee either wink .

I really lucked out this ficathon! Happy holidays to me!
Well, see, it's really so I can keep Labby busy. I promised I'd send her fic soon… wink

Feel free to keep them coming! wink
Just posted Countdown: Lois' Story for you smile .

Thank you again everyone! I'm glad you guys liked it!
Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So sweet! Love it. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Awe, what a fic! You had my heart wrenching, then turning to mush, all in one shot! And the situation you described--just wow. I can't even imagine.

But if you think about it, that must be exactly what a superhero would encounter. It's probably what emergency workers (fire, police, & ambulance workers) encounter sometimes as well: someone in need sees the person who is supposed to be able to help. When they can't work miracles, the person in need feels betrayed or underserved. Why is this person able to help so many people, but s/he can't make my situation right?

And the people who go out of their way to help--because they care so much--end up taking on the guilt as well. *bursts into tears*

Well, you definitely brought the mood around by the end! Clark has his Lois to look after him--be a sympathetic ear, and box his ears when he needs some perspective. laugh

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard