Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#49030 01/08/08 10:07 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Ooh, fascinating!

Clark Kent to the rescue?! I can't imagine she'd call her mother. I'll definitely be reading more of this. smile1

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#49031 01/08/08 11:30 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Great beginning! I am looking forward to more. Tempus and Lex together, what a combo!

#49032 01/09/08 02:24 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I'm intrigued, Mercy, and looking forward to more!

Lisa

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#49033 01/09/08 04:11 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
WOW! Intriguing premise! CK to the rescue! I hope anyway. Will we see Clark changing around us as the 4yo Kal-El is away from the influence of the Kents as he would have been in... 1970? Or is there a 'window'? If they get him back, say within 2 weeks, it won't affect him?

More. Soon. Now would be fine. Please smile .
Carol

#49034 01/09/08 06:27 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Clark Kent to the rescue? Am I missing something? Are Clark and Superman really two different persons this time?

I thought it was awesome to see Lois to the rescue this time. A crowbar was just lying there on the ground, waiting for her? smile Well, I'm not complaining!

The way I understand things, Lois is now going to become Superman's mother. But maybe I'm totally wrong about all of this!

This is a fascinating setup, to be sure!

Ann

#49035 01/09/08 06:35 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Clark Kent to the rescue? Am I missing something? Are Clark and Superman really two different persons this time?
All I (and presumably carol) meant by that was that Lois is going to call Clark/Superman to help with the small version of himself. Or just maybe she'll phone her mother? laugh

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#49036 01/09/08 07:52 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Love the premise and I can't wait to read more.

Or just maybe she'll phone her mother?
Better yet, maybe she'll phone Clark's mother. Lois doesn't put much stock in her own mother's capabilities, but without the GGGoH, she wouldn't know anything about the Kents either.

Post again soon, please.
BJ

#49037 01/09/08 12:29 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I just posted part 2. smile

The thing that got me excited about the idea of little Clark in the present was that there are so many places you can go with the idea. It was almost a shame everytime I realized that the story was taking a direction away from one of the possibilities rolling around in my head. Awe well, I'm just the writer. What say do I have anyway? The muses will do what they will. huh

Better yet, maybe she'll phone Clark's mother. Lois doesn't put much stock in her own mother's capabilities, but without the GGGoH, she wouldn't know anything about the Kents either.
Oh, I'm glad you said this. Another thing I should have mentioned sooner. I stuck the Space Rats episode into Season 1. Lois met the Kents briefly when they came into town to do holiday shopping. That episode comes up briefly in the story. laugh Whoops! See how long its been since I've seen the show? What a canon abuser I am.

#49038 01/09/08 03:49 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Ann wrote:
A crowbar was just lying there on the ground, waiting for her? smile Well, I'm not complaining!
I see you've never worked in an American warehouse, Ann, especially one that's neither new nor often used. (Not that you've actually missed anything!) There are broken pallets all over the place, open crates, tools of all description lying around, and a thick layer of dust coating everything. I'm a little surprised that Lois didn't find a crowbar for each hand. They're really handy tools for that environment.

But they're also fairly heavy, and hitting someone on the head with a crowbar isn't the best way to insure their long-term health. I wouldn't be surprised to hear Henderson chewing out Lois for sending the ambulance to find those two dying of depressed skull fractures, or at least comatose with grade three concussions.

Chapter Two:

For once Lois was smart not to play with the time machine. And Kal seems to be quite mature for a four-year-old. He hasn't cried once, hasn't thrown a single tantrum, hasn't shouted in frustration, hasn't tried to run away from this crazy crowbar-wielding maniac. If only my kids had been this serene at that age.

Maybe he just needs some time to assimilate English. He had to have seen or heard of Elvis from somewhere! Maybe his adoptive parents had a Velvet Elvis on the living room wall?

Hey, in Kansas, almost anything's possible.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#49039 01/10/08 03:31 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay! This is such an entertaining story mercy! Keep it comin!!! thumbsup

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
#49040 01/10/08 08:03 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois and a crowbar vs Lex and Tempus. devilsplat

Great stuff.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#49041 01/18/08 06:45 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Ack, late to the party as usual. Just wanted to say that I thought the first encounter of Lois and little Kal-El was really touching.

And of course the Lex-Tempus combo is freaky. wink

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard