Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#48835 01/01/08 10:43 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Happy happy, Beth, and everyone! Nice to see another installment of my favourite fic (freebie ego massage for the new year laugh ).
In fact, it's the only one I bother to read all the words to. (And before you go calling me on finishing my sentence with a preposition, don't - I did it on purpose razz )

All of which has nothing to do with what you've written...

Oops, the trust is broken. At least we're getting closer to the big reveal now, but you are such a tease making us wait! I can imagine how betrayed poor Jon must feel, what with the issues he must have as a result of the way his parents handled the whole "Dad's Superman" thing. Maybe a visit to Dr Friskin is in order? Could be fun. goofy

Sadly, I'm not in a complaining mood tonight - stranger things have been known to happen. What a shame wink . I'm thinking of turning over a new leaf for 2008.

Well, maybe... we'll see. angel-devil

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#48836 01/01/08 11:44 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Honesty is great way to start 2008.

At least Kaylie got to tell him she had a big secret. That's got to count for something. And they did meet while she was undercover. Can things get any more perfect, from a fan's point of view, of course. Not to forget that babbling, her mentioning of firearms and so on.

One (well two actually) question though, Beth, since I've lost a bit of track of how long they have known each other. How long have they been dating now, and how close did they get in that time. Since Kaylie is blushing at Jon seeing her in her work clothes... Or is it just because he sees how she is dressed up for work, period?

And was that "I've never had a boyfriend before" babble a hint that she is still/was a virgin before Jon? All things together (word, deeds, feelings) would certainly give Jon a lot to think about.

Of course, if it's to come up later on in the story, just feel free to post the next parts wink

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#48837 01/01/08 12:25 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think my reaction is something like, Nooooooo! must...find...out...what...happens...next!

:p

Anyway she did tell him she had a secret. I'm hoping she gets at least half a brownie point when they start talking. But on the other hand he hasn't hid the fact that he has a secret, and she's hid it for...how long? Maybe too long, in Jon's mind...Maybe nosy moms to the rescue...?

eek

Killer part, and happy 2008!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#48838 01/01/08 12:32 PM
Kerth
Kerth
He's going to be REALLY confused, especially with her knocking out the cop. Her explanation needs to be VERY convincing.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#48839 01/01/08 01:21 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
AHHHHHHHH!!!!

You left us there?!?

Carol [who wonders if Beth needs another beta...]

#48840 01/01/08 03:23 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh boy what a tangled web. She should have blurted it out at that point. Oy. More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#48841 01/01/08 07:00 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Beth, you are going to kill me. I'm absolutely going to fall down dead if I don't find out Kaylie's secret sooner rather than later!

That being said, I like the turn you took with Jor finding her undercover. I'm worried, though, that everything he went through with Mandy is going to be for naught, and he's going to treat Kaylie the same way Mandy treated him. I hope I'm wrong!

Lisa

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#48842 01/01/08 08:56 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Thanks everyone for all your great feedback!

gr8shades:

Nice to see another installment of my favourite fic
Aw, thanks! blush

And before you go calling me on finishing my sentence with a preposition, don't - I did it on purpose
I would be the last person to call someone on a grammar error. For me, if a sentence sounds like it could possibly, maybe make sense then I think it's okay and just let my BR sort it out.

Sadly, I'm not in a complaining mood tonight - stranger things have been known to happen
What? eek I can't believe it! I actually wrote something where you have no complaints??!! But maybe it's because there were no new character names here. I'll still be nervously anticipating your comments to part 12.

Michael, in answer to your questions:

Kaylie and Jon have been dating for just over three months. No, they haven't slept together yet. I don't think that's something they would do while Jon still has to tell her who he is. That said, I definitely think they are comfortable with each other and have erm... 'explored' a fair bit.

The reason why Kaylie is blushing isn't because she is scantily clad and Jon can see her navel. It's more at the situation. She is scantily clad while on public display with random men ogling her. In a normal situation, Kaylie wouldn't allow herself to be treated like a sex symbol, but her undercover work demands it, so she puts up with it reluctantly. But that doesn't mean she enjoys it and having someone from her outside life there just reminds her of her principles.

JD:

I think my reaction is something like, Nooooooo! must...find...out...what...happens...next!
I giggled a little at this. Hang in there the next part is coming soon!

Marcus:

He's going to be REALLY confused, especially with her knocking out the cop.
The cop KO was definitely the last straw for our poor naive superhero. He could put up with a lot, but assaulting an officer definitely requires an explanation.

Carol:

wonders if Beth needs another beta...
This isn't a clever attempt to discover what happens next before anyone else does, is it? wink

Laura:

She should have blurted it out at that point. Oy.
Okay, I have to admit it was a bit of a cheesy move on my part. But this is still the LnC world, and since when has any revelation come easy for any characters?

Lisa, hold on! I promise you that a lot of stuff gets out in the open in the next part, so just stay alive until then, okay?

#48843 01/02/08 04:07 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Originally posted by Beth S.:

Carol:

wonders if Beth needs another beta...
This isn't a clever attempt to discover what happens next before anyone else does, is it? wink

*Wide Innocent Eyes*

No. Not at all. I thought I would offer my services out of the kindness of my heart. There are no ulterior motives whatsoever.

Carol [who then can't resist a MWAHAHAHA]

#48844 01/02/08 08:38 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Honesty, this is the best part ever!!! razz

He also has some explaining to do! And I think he was right to just wait, he needs to think. He can’t just go all “you lied to me” on her like he did to his parents. He needs to learn that people make mistakes.

I can’t wait for next part, I’m rooting for Kaylie! And I want to know if she really is a virgin? It would be fun to see the reverse story. Jon being experienced, and Kaylie being a very patient woman… grovel

#48845 01/02/08 09:24 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by dedecasale:
And plus, what was he doing in a nightclub like that? Can you call it hypocritical? razz
That's easy. He gave the cops the tip on the underage employees at the gentlemen's club. Now he waits to get the exclusive. At least, I think, that's what he was doing. Because I doubt it was because of Intergang. Too much of a coincidence.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#48846 01/02/08 11:24 AM
Columnist
Columnist
dedecasale, it's good to hear from you! I;m glad you liked this part. I've been gleefully planning Jon and Kaylie running into each other at the club for a very, very long time and I'm so happy to finally share it.

I am very disappointed at Jon for even being mad at her. I mean, she told him she was keeping a secret from him, and he is also doing the same thing.
It's true that Jon has been keeping a secret from Kaylie for a long time, but Kaylie hasn't even told Jon about her's until just now, months after Jon was half-way honest with her.

But anyway you look at it, they both owe each other the truth by now.

Michael, you're right that Jon has a good excuse for being at the club that night. He's not the type to go there for entertainment, which means he was there for work... But you'll find out later.

#48847 01/03/08 02:20 PM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Yay, things are really getting interesting now! clap (Not that they weren't interesting before... [Alisha tries to get out of the whole she's just dug herself before it gets much bigger])

I dread to think what Jon must be thinking about Kaylie after seeing her dressed like that and then knocking out a policeman!

Can't wait for more!

- Alisha (who would like to point out to Carol that if she's looking for beta-work, she ought to check her inbox. laugh )

#48848 01/04/08 05:37 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Originally posted by Alisha Knight:

- Alisha (who would like to point out to Carol that if she's looking for beta-work, she ought to check her inbox. laugh )
I did!!! I can't wait for later so I can read it!!

Carol [who, in order to keep this on topic, still loves Honesty]

#48849 01/04/08 05:42 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow. Definitely a high-tension part! What fun laugh

Can't wait for part 12... Jon's gonna have trouble getting over this but he'd better manage it. From a certain point of view, in the flashbacks, he's come across as kind of self-centered. Understandable when he was a kid, shocked to find that *his* parents had lied to him. It's more subtle, but there in his relationship with Mandy, too -- he assumed *his* secret was the only thing keeping them from a great relationship, when obviously it was more complex than that. I could argue that it was at work in his relationship with Kaylie, too -- he's been focused on *his* secret, not so much on exploring her. Granted, it's only been a few months and his secret is a bloody huge one -- plus having a secret relationship means no getting to meet her family -- and Kaylie's really given him almost no clues that she was hiding anything.

He's kind of got Clark's wide-eyed naiviete (I never know how to spell that!) Maybe Lois will help knock some sense into him. But I hope Jon will show the maturity to deal with this.

Eventually, anyway laugh It should be a fun ride 'til then!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#48850 01/04/08 09:19 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Alisha!

Yay, things are really getting interesting now! (Not that they weren't interesting before... [Alisha tries to get out of the whole she's just dug herself before it gets much bigger])
Ha ha! That made me chuckle. I'm glad you enjoyed this part.

This also made me smile:

Carol [who, in order to keep this on topic, still loves Honesty]
But Carol, I hope you've managed to get to the stuff Alisha sent you! I'm waiting patiently to see it on the boards.

PJ, thanks for all the great insight you provide to this story. I can definitely promise you some more high tension scenes to come on part 12!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard