Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#48688 12/21/07 04:58 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thank you Mona for such an interesting story!

And yes, the ending was perfectly alright with me. Remind me to send you a 'very' sensual (IMHO) scene I wrote for a story that may or may not see the light of day.

Loved Lois changing the phone number without telling anyone. It's something I would do.

There was a scene in the comics where Jonathan called out to Superboy to get his attention from really far way, so your piece was a nice reminder of that.

And the Artic does qualify as an unusual geographic location to 'celebrate' Christmas.

Thank you.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Lois sure is braver than I am, though. I hate, loath, despise and really don't like being cold. Ain't no way I'd ever volunteer for that kind of first aid. LOL! But I'm sure it was a very Merry Christmas for them.

E

Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
I am very happy and relieved you liked it James! I am not familiar with Superboy but that sounds intriguing. I have often wondered if either of Clark's parents had ever done so-maybe even while out shopping-too many bags a very quiet comment of I wish Clark were here and there he might be. A fic for another time perhaps.

Lol, I look forward to reading the part you mentioned. wink

Elisabeth, glad you enjoyed it as well and I'm with you on being cold! Last year as a preschool teacher there'd be days when I would be "freezing" in maybe mid 50's-low 60 weather here in LA and wear like 2 sweatshirts or something. But hey for Clark, well you never do know, lol. smile

Mona

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Very sweet, Mona. I'm glad you shared this Christmas story with us.

Ann

C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
Oooh Mona! Glad to see your fic here at last!

“Lois? Lois? Don’t tell me you are wallowing away another day waiting for that husband of yours to return? I swear your infatuation with Superman is still at an unhealthy level! For all you know he’s probably seducing some Princess in an igloo he built just for such a purpose!
Aaaaaargghhhh! Ellen mad how dare you accuse Clark of that!!!

“Want to show me a little more just how much you missed me?” Clark playfully begged, starting to lead his wife into their bedroom.
Need some help, Clark?! wink

when he suddenly heard his father’s voice asking him to come to the farm.
That's something new!!!! Great! thumbsup

“Tried to tell me what? That even though we both know the very super side our son has that makes him invulnerable, as his * mother * I still shouldn’t worry when his phone has without warning been disconnected? Martha finished sternly.
Awww..... smile

Clark scooped Lois up and floated them a few feet away from the small sparks of fire. He then stopped and positioned himself horizontally and slowly began to lower Lois to him. At first contact, Clark’s heart blazed with love and in the deepest recesses of his soul be knew, that this Arctic Tundra, would forever, be not just a place of solace to him but one of lifeblood as well. A place he could visit to allow him the peace to go home.
laugh laugh laugh

Now how about a short e*n*pilogue?

CG
------------

( oo * Work) + (1 * Hubby) + (2 * Kids) = 0 * Time
Kerth
Kerth
Will everyone hate me if I point out that penguins are antarctic, not arctic? They're never seen much further North than the tip of South America. Otherwise a nice story.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
Thanks Ann and I am glad you enjoyed it. It was fun writing a "different" sort of story. devil

Coolgirl, your comments or end comment,warrants a devil as well, lol. smile From what I remember of Ellen Lane she could take an Arctic hike as far as I'm concerned and perhaps it wouldn't be too far fetched an idea for Lois to write her off the way she did in the story. Of course the opposite holds true for J and M, who I loved getting to see both of for once in a Superman universe.

As for the "n" request, maybe Santa Penguin can cook up something for ya! wink

Marcus, thanks for pointing that out, but heck in a "super world" anything can happen, right? Happy you liked it anyway.

Mona

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
E*n*pilogue?

rotflol

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Will everyone hate me if I point out that penguins are antarctic, not arctic? They're never seen much further North than the tip of South America.
Oh, my heavens! You're right! I totally missed that in my first read-through.

I think that's why these boards are so great. We can help each other become better writers. Normally, it's even done in respectful and positive ways--not like some other boards I've visited.

E
who wonders exactly how much of a world-traveler Marcus is laugh

C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
Will everyone hate me if I point out that penguins are antarctic, not arctic? They're never seen much further North than the tip of South America.
I beta-ed this one blush ! Obviously I did a bad job at science and logical suggestions! (TJ, where are you? Teach me how you do it!)

I do know that penguins are *antarctic* not *arctic* but I sort of completely overlooked that point! :p

PS.
E*n*pilogue?
e*n*pilogue is probably one of those coined words where the dictionary definition will include my name in the *origin* column, unless somebody else already has used it before?! wink

CG
------------

( oo * Work) + (1 * Hubby) + (2 * Kids) = 0 * Time
Kerth
Kerth
re penguins, I blame all those cartoons of polar bears and penguins on the same iceberg and so forth. For some reason none of the penguin species ever made the move across the equator, and several misguided attempts to introduce them to arctic shores have failed - too many predators.

Later: just found this manip which may illustrate the point

[img]http://pics.livejournal.com/smwance/pic/001pcrcc/s640x480[/img]

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ellen, at least, seems to think I go there to have an affair with some Arctic Princess in the igloo that I built for the two of us there!
*ROFL*!!

Nice work Mona! smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
Thanks, Lara.

P.S. To everyone, I changed penguins to polar bears. I googled arctic animals and there they live, lol. Thanks again, Marcus. And a p.s.s. of sorts, I have not forgotten about Coolgirl's request of an enipologue-I lvoe that word- wink I even started one. The unfortunate part is my computer died. Well, it apparently needs a new video card-so it has been sent to best buy and hopefully by next week I'll have it back and can get on that promise. smile

Mona

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
rotflol

“Then what are you waiting for, Clark? Your gift of all gifts is just waiting to be opened and enjoyed,” Lois questioned in a low and sexy voice.

“LOIS!” Clark all but shouted in shock, “Why are you? When did you?”

Lois was suddenly standing before him, clad only in a robe along with a Santa hat, that was adorned with a small ‘S” shield sticker in its center. “While you were lost in your chimney reverie and because I love you. Because I want to give you…”
Oohhh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard