Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
Okay, How many of the gentle readers remembered that I said I was going to do any additional storylines in the 'Futures' universe, and the 'Protect and Serve' universes as a series of shorter stories.

I'm just not in the mood to be writing really long pieces any more.

So, given that... Comments?

Tank (who is trying to stay sane while dealing with this pinched nerve but isn't having much luck)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw Shucks Tank. Why end it here? I'd like to see it go on a bit. What about Superman. What about rescuing poor Lois? Anyway it was a fun ride while it lasted. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Nice to see Lois bring out some of the aspects of the Clark Kent we all know and love but

jawdrop OMG you made our Lois' childhood look like a Garden of Eden compared to the Lois' of this world. That is a twist

And to have Cat in on Lois' secret. It'll be interesting to see where you take both twists.

(I for one would have our Lois find Sam Lane and to a Lorena Bobbit, but that's just me)

You say I'm a witch like it's a bad thing
Kerth
Kerth
Interesting end Tank smile , but not sure if it's a little bit... eh, open?

Jose wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh no, you don't. razz This isn't an ending it's a tbc...

...so I'll look forward to reading the next part of this 'series' when you get around to it. wink

Other than that, interesting segment. Letting Cat in on the secret was nice. But I was a little surprised by the upbeat ending of the final couple of lines. This wasn't some kind of reverse Tank Ending was it and you have the real segment still to post? goofy

In the end, nothing has essentially changed for our Lois, so I still feel desperately sorry for her. Fix her soon?

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Tank

An excellent part! smile1

Tricia cool

Top Banana
Top Banana
Tank, sorry about your pinched nerve. Hope it gets better while you're writing the sequel.

Another great job. thumbsup

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tank, you can't stop here. I have enjoyed all your 'Future' stories.

You put our Lois is quite a perdicument, and I know she can handle it, but you can't just leave the story like this. You must continue it.

As for Perry falling in love with Lois, if he had been a younger man in our universe, reporting with Lois, I could believe it could happen.

And the Jimmy/Jenny ... had me LOL smile

What will Lois do? Will Cat help her? This Universe needs a Superman?

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Nice temporary pause in the story.. laugh

Can't wait to see what the next installment of this series brings! Interesting development when Lois confided in Cat about her universe hopping...

Bring on the next story!!

Missy

Features Writer
Features Writer
Tank,
excellent part
but I agree with the others -nice pause - needs continuing
sorry about your pinched nerve
more
merry

T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
Thanks to all who took the time and effort to read this extended short. (I think it qualifies as a medium under the keyword guidelines wink )

As most of you have guessed, this story was merely the set up for Lois and her introduction into this new world she was thrust into. I guess not all alternate universes are that similar.

There are plans to continue this story, after all, we still have a Superman to create. But right now I have a burning question I need to work out before I can even think about the next part. Who is going to be the one to suffer the grisly death?
Lois? Clark? Perry? Cat?, or perhaps someone else?

Such problems are always a part of the creative process. wink

I think next up will be a short sequel to Protect and Serve before I get back to this universe. But , of course, that supposes I can think of something to write about 'that' universe. If I remember correctly there might have been one or two minor dangling plot threads left at the end of that story.

I guess time will tell.

Again, I want to thank everyone who stayed with this (even through only five parts smile ), your suport and encouragement is always appreciated.

Tank (who also wants to thank his often put upon super secret mystery beta reader for actions above and beyone the call of duty... even while being kidnapped... or something wink )

Merriwether
Merriwether
What? You're not going to kill off Jim... er, Jenny? wink

Can't wait to see more, btw.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Who is going to be the one to suffer the grisly death?
Lois? Clark? Perry? Cat?, or perhaps someone else?
Death to anyone who gets b/w Lois and Clark...except me of course wink

Umm...that means Jenny :p

oh, and loving the story...can't wait to see more...even if Clark is a blonde and is living with a red head...

Hey wait! our Clark is living with a red-head too... Lois, looks like you need to dye your hair!

-Bre

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Tank,

grumble

MAF laugh

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
RIP Jenny. evil

N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
Yay! More is good! laugh

Sherry

Visit www.marykay.com/sfmurphy for wonderful cosmetic products and an opportunity to enrich the lives of women.
L
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
L
What a great story. I enjoyed it.

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard