Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
A
I knew it as soon as I had problems getting onto the site that my ficathon would have been posted. grumble

Coolgirl, I'm only online briefly right now, but I will read the story offline and I will return on Saturday with feedback. I shall leave you for now with my thanks! sloppy

- Alisha

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
And what a beautiful story it was, full of fears and desire and decisions. Brava!

Elisabeth

Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
You did a beautiful job portraying Lois and Clark's first acknowledgement (to one another) of their feelings and possible love. clap

Mona

Columnist
Columnist
Very sweet! Such a nice treat in time for Christmas. Thanks for sharing.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Loved Loved Loved it! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Hmmm, Coolgirl, do you remember that when we rated our favorite LnC fanfic genres just the other day, I put "dating" way, way down the list? No revelation, no sex, no side-splittingly funny humour... just dating! razz

Oh, but... awww, this was so sweet:

As they walked, his hands slowly and involuntarily stole across her waist to pull her closer and he reveled in this new feeling of closeness. He briefly wondered if he should remove his hand, but then Lois patted his hand on her waist and smiled up at him. And he was lost!

She was telling him something, he realized, and his gaze instinctively dropped to her mouth. He watched the way her mouth formed the words, how her entire face lit up when she laughed, the way she absently wet her lips with the tip of her tongue, and the hand on her waist tightened with a sudden impulsive urge to pull her into his embrace.

He almost did, but then she turned around to face him and started walking backwards, keen on explaining to him some weird concept on villain-psychology.

Not his favorite subject right now, but if *Lois* was talking about it - or anything, for that matter - then he was willing to listen. After all, wasn't her voice music in his ears?

Oh boy, he was losing it completely! He was in love - totally, irrevocably in love and he'd never felt that way with anybody else. He'd always known he loved her. Yet, at this moment he fell in love with her, again!

Yes, this was love! He loved her face, her smile, her style, the way she walked or talked or sometimes babbled to herself and he absolutely loved that she was letting him walk her home. And he loved the way she was explaining something to him right now, as if he were a lunkhead who could grasp anything.

He loved her. Period.

He smiled a slow smile. She looked up at him quizzically.

"What? Did I say something funny?"
Aaww... it's adorable!! He is adorable!! sloppy

And this is adorable, too:

“Lois, wait!” he called out to his partner, who looked over her shoulder and stopped walking. Clark reached her side, pretending to pant for breath and smiled at her.

“What?” Lois asked, a small smile twitching at the corner of her own mouth. Clark always brought out strange reactions from her, she thought. And his happy mood was so infectious, that it made even *her* want to smile back at him. And Lois Lane's smiles were precious - not everybody got them!

“I thought… I'd walk home with you. That's all.”

“Clark, your apartment is that way and mine is this way. I wonder why you want to walk me home,” she asked pointedly.

“Isn't that what friends do? Make sure their friends get back home safely.” Clark smiled that small, silly yet sweet smile of his and she couldn't resist his offer.

“Okay. But don't try anything funny!” she said looping her arm through his, repeating his own warning to her when Perry had ordered them to go undercover together as honeymooners.

Clark laughed out aloud and said, “I wouldn't dream of it!”

“Try dreaming of that, Kent and I'll rip out your spleen,” she said, laughing, eliciting a wide thousand-watt smile from her partner.

Lois didn't know why she felt so happy, so carefree with this man – her partner.
Aaaawww!!!! So sweeet!!! And you nailed Lois and Clark perfectly! sloppy sloppy

But that kiss in the snow while the kids were looking on... as far as public misbehaving is concerned, that barely rates an F... but it was really, really sweet! Really!!!

[Linked Image]

Ann

C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
Glad you guys liked this!

as far as public misbehaving is concerned, that barely rates an F
Ha! You won't say that if you read the *n* version! laugh

CG
------------

( oo * Work) + (1 * Hubby) + (2 * Kids) = 0 * Time
Columnist
Columnist
This was so sweet!!! I'm completely in the Christamas mood at the moment.

Clark took in the surroundings and his eyes gleamed with joy. Something about snow had always fascinated him.
I can so understand that. Everything is white here too, and I can't stop looking outside!! Hopefully we'll have a white christmas too wink

-Camy

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
A
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
A
Oh coolgirl, thank you so much, I loved it! clap

I think this has to have been my favourite part:
Suddenly a little girl pointed at Lois and asked in a small voice, "You love him?"

Lois blinked twice, before turning beet red. Before today, she'd have answered with a 'No!' immediately, but now she wasn't so sure.

"We are friends," Clark answered for her
It's so sweet, and very Clark!

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
as far as public misbehaving is concerned, that barely rates an F
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ha! You won't say that if you read the *n* version!
Are you saying that there *is* an n version? I know that the ficathon was specifically gfic, but if there is an nfic version floating around somewhere, I think it would be very kind and seasonal of you to post it in the other folder...

C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
It was so sweet and Christmassy and exactly the sort of thing I was hoping for.
I'm glad *you* like this, Alisha, since it is for you! sloppy and Merry Christmas to you too.
but if there is an nfic version floating around somewhere, I think it would be very kind and seasonal of you to post it in the other folder...
It's getting *polished*! laugh
that barely rates an F
I don't think it'll still rate *F* in the nfic but it's still... you know... blush public!

CG
------------

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"I think you're one of those people whose nerves get over-taxed if you relax," Clark muttered.
rotflol

and omg, this one:

Lois Lane never kissed Clark Kent! Not if she was sane.
/dies laughing!

Very sweet and cute - and got me laughing quite a bit. Nice work!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ah, Coolgirl, this was such a very nice, sweet story! Do you realize that it screams sequel?!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
Thanks Classicalla!

BTW your PM inbox is full! blush

CG
------------

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard