Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
OhmyGOD!!!

I love it ... A deathfic for Christmas. It's marvelous - Lois the motormouth, the 'unnatural' sounds of Kansas. The undertones of grief and small town banding-together in the background.

You didn't name the brand of red sedan, but I bet it had a lot under the hood.

This one is a definite 'the bar has been raised'.
hyper party

Did I say I love it?

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Top Banana
Top Banana
There was a toilet paper roll with ribbon for hanging that had been turned into the baby Jesus wrapped in diaper flannel, with a crayon smiley face and a shock of brown yarn for hair--Clark must have made it when he was still a preschooler.
Lol. This makes me think of a Santa I made when I was 7 - red felt and cotton wool wrapped around a toilet roll with a polystyrene ball for his head and a triangular felt hat. He still sits on the mantle every year with all the other, erm, 'sweetly sentimental riffraff' we made as kids. And because of the headgear my big sister has the gall to call him Napoleon! grumble

[Linked Image]

Gr8shades 'swallowed the lump in her throat, unsure of why she was suddenly so emotional.' frown

Aaaw. I won't be seeing most of my family this Christmas, although I'll be spending it with one of my sisters, and now you've made me all homesicky.

*sniffle* dance

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
rotflol

About the rooster.

Who writes a deathfic for Christmas?! I love it. And a very impressive revelation stumbling upon the other outfits!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Columnist
Columnist
I loved it and I want more of it! Can you give us more?

Martha died that is so sad. Very well done.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
My first words, or at least thoughts, "Are you NUTS!!!! Oh, its for Dandello? She'll love it."

So much of this was pulled from our experiances in October. The scene with the box of angels was an unintended sorrowful memory for me. It reminded me of my Mom's love of bells. She had over 300 of them in a display case in the front room of their house.

Elisabeth used me as a resource for most of the farm related stuff. The early bird choir was straight from my youth. I would spend the summer's at my grandparent's farm and the was like a million of the dratted birds every morning to wake you up. It was loud because my grandparents didn't have air conditioning and so we left the windows open at night through the morning. There were trees right outside my window.

Overall, a wonderful story, and I am not saying that because I am married to the author.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I especially liked that Elizabeth pointed out that roosters don't just crow at the break of dawn. Those stupid things crow any time they feel like it including the middle of the night! And yes, you always get a few roosters even if you ordered all hens.
I loved this story. I like the way that Clark just came out with his revelation. He is already hurting so much that the drama is removed fromhis revelation.
Still, as much as I loved the story, I'm glad that Martha is alive in the canon. She adds so much the story and some of the person that Lois is becoming is because of Martha's influence and the parental love she gives to Lois that Lois has lacked all her life.

thanks!

rkn
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awwww!!! Elisabeth, that was *excellent*! Wonderful, wonderful piece of work! thumbsup clap

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Thank you all for your feedback. I know it wasn't the traditional Christmas fic, but I'm glad to know it was still appreciated--particularly for you, Dandello.

Gr8shades 'swallowed the lump in her throat, unsure of why she was suddenly so emotional.'

Aaaw. I won't be seeing most of my family this Christmas, although I'll be spending it with one of my sisters, and now you've made me all homesicky.
Oh Sweety, I hope you had a fine Christmas even if it wasn't with all of the people you wanted to be with. Those Christmas fics have a way of catching us all off guard.

Also, I'm glad that you and Shadow enjoyed the rooster.

Who writes a deathfic for Christmas?!
I've been living in the valley of the shadow of death for a long time. It's such a long process, from failing health to death to mourning. Unfortunately, I lost two family members in just one week this year. This Christmas I was left to ponder all of what that little dash between our birth and death dates incorporates. Two very good people died this year, but in very different ways because of their different faiths. One was terrified of death; the other was completely at peace despite how long the death process lasted. That's not the kind of thing I could dislodge from my thoughts as I sat in my quiet place to write.

Sometimes an author writes fanfic because they want to fix something that's always annoyed them canonically. Obviously this is not the case with this story. I appreciate your support of Martha, rkn and cp33. I also love Martha deeply and am certainly not wishing her dead. The real-life Martha who died this year was only a few years older than the Martha; she was a well-loved good person, as well.

Thanks to all who wrote encouraging notes, especially you James since I know it cost you something to read this.

Special thanks to Dandello for her kind patience as I worked through my own hardships in her honor. My hat goes off to you.

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard