Next Thread
Print Thread
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Okay - I am seriously going to have to stop reading this as it's posted because I can't stand the wait!

I love this. I feel for Mandy but also for her 'super exboyfriend'. I love Kaylie. I love that Thea sort of figured it out [have I mentioned that I actually know a Thea?]

*sigh* I wish Supernova would have come to my third grade class. But I had a mean teacher - nothing like Kaylie.

I'm off to the archive to hold me over in the meantime.

More soon please!
Carol

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm loving this story.
I'm wondering if Knonos and his children is Superman and his children?
I love that she's kinda like a cat burgler, reminds me a bit of Lois and her undercover work in the pilot.
I'm a teacher, and I have no idea how I could get such a well known figure into my class without some influence. They better watch out.
Where will he take her tomorrow? (I wish that means you're posting the next part tomorrow.)
Don't keep me waiting!

Desiree

Don't think about the pink elephant... I dare you!

Thanks to Tineke for the avatar
Top Banana
Top Banana
OMGOMGOMG! smile1

PS. Does she teach third grade? Or did Carol get that from "dinky third rate school"? (Be nice, I have been know not to pay attention on occasion.)

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Man, I wish Supernova spoke at my meeting tonight instead of a business seminar dude LOL. Hmmm that's some Achilles heel Kaylie has going there. If Ms. Undercover can't mask off her feelings, I smell trouble! And way cute, I love the remedial date, can't wait for it! :p Can't wait for more!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
So, we learn Kaylie's last name. Yay!
Loved the class room scene and Thea.

It's interesting to see that Jon's relationship with Amanda had parallels to his parent's relationship and that hir relationship with Kaylie does as well. And yet they turned out very differently.

Curious to find out what happened to Amanda. Is she still out there knowing THE Secret? Or did something horrible happen to her?

Please more soon - this is just too good. ^^

~Sira.

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
i'm lovin it (bada bab babaaaa- the mcdonalds song? ok i'll stop)

anyway please post soon! :rolleyes:

Sarah,

Tempus: You want to know the future, Miss Lane? No one works, no one argues, there are 9,000 channels and nothing on!
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yay, more Honesty.

So it's Kaylie Steward. Ok, Beth, you got me. Unless there was a name change somewhere along the road, we don't know them from LnC.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Columnist
Columnist
Carol, go ahead and keep reading these parts as soon as they're posted. That way I get feedback sooner! And you know a Thea too? Wow, apparently you, gr8shadesofElvis, and I have a lot in common!

Desiree, you wrote:
I'm a teacher, and I have no idea how I could get such a well known figure into my class without some influence. They better watch out.
Yes, I think Kaylie and Jon were a little careless here. They don't have the practice of public appearances like Lois and Clark do. Thea gave them a wake up call, that's for sure.

gr8shadesofElvis, I've thought about this problem we've been having. And I decided that the only reasonable explanation is that we have a psychic connection and you are secretly feeding me names that you don't want to see in the story. But don't worry: The way part 9 is shaping up right now, there are no new character names you have to worry about. So don't be afraid to read it when I post!

Does she teach third grade? Or did Carol get that from "dinky third rate school"? (Be nice, I have been know not to pay attention on occasion.)
The class that was featured in this part is a grade 12 class (Kalie mentions in the previous chapter that she wants to encourage the students to pursue post-secondary education after graduation, and Supernova was supposed to come and encourage the students along those lines)

However, Kaylie also mentions teaching more than one class (geology for one and chemistry for another) and I always thought of her as teaching Science for multiple grades, especially in a small school like I picture Riverview to be. Does that help at all?

DJ:
And way cute, I love the remedial date, can't wait for it!
The next part is the date, and I'm having a lot of fun writing it, so hopefully you'll enjoy it wehen it's posted!

Sira:

It's interesting to see that Jon's relationship with Amanda had parallels to his parent's relationship and that hir relationship with Kaylie does as well. And yet they turned out very differently.
I'm finding it really interesting to write too. In the beginning stages of this story, I didn't have an Amanda, but I think she really helps to bring across the differences in Lois and Clark's and Kaylie and Jon's realtionship. Jon and Amanda's relationship played out really similar to Lois and Clark's. She started dating the 'regular guy' and learned the truth later, etc. But it ends up not working, which makes for an interesting story. As for what happens to her... In early stages I had planned for her to go ballistic and tell a gang of criminals who Jon was. But then I decided that I didn't want Amanda to be a nasty person, just unable to love Jon/Supernova as much as she should. So I won't say what DOES actually happen to her. You'll find out eventually. wink

mishmishat, thanks for your comments too! There's nothing like a good TV jingle to boost my spirits!

Michael, I just saw your post when I put this one up, so I came back to include your comments. I don't know if you and Sira remember this, but Kaylie actually mentioned her last name in part two after Jon pulls her from the rock quarry. He calls her Miss Stewart and she says something along the lines of that being too formal, so he switches to Kaylie. But she's definitely not from the TV show. I just made her up in my head. And, do you know, when I first made her up she didn't even *have* a secret? She was just an ordinary teacher. But then I decided that it would be interesting to make her kind of a foil to Jon. He tells her that he has a secret life, and she has one too, but doesn't tell him about it. Does that mean that Jon trusts Kaylie more than Kaylie trusts Jon? Or is Jon just trying to justify his lack of trust by telling her a smidgen of the truth?

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Originally posted by Beth S.:

Does she teach third grade? Or did Carol get that from "dinky third rate school"? (Be nice, I have been know not to pay attention on occasion.)
The class that was featured in this part is a grade 12 class...
/me whistles innocently as she runs to change the topic line...

No, it was that way all along. Honest.
Carol

Columnist
Columnist
To be fair, Carol, the grade of the class wasn't even mentioned in this chapter, so I can understand where you would get the third grade idea from.

Top Banana
Top Banana
[Linked Image]

Is it Jimmy Olsen, or could it be Beth... peep

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Columnist
Columnist
Is it Jimmy Olsen, or could it be Beth...
lol

I'm too cheap to call a 1-900 number, so it must be just pure talent that enables me to see into the depths of your soul.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Beth I am still reading this story and loving it. I have just gotten very bad at leaving FDK lately. Which I am attempting to fix.

A little bit if me gets really excited each week when you post another part. ^_^

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Fun stuff. Nothing earth-shaking but we're moving things right along. Fascinating to see Kaylie's subtle break-and-enter technique. Misdirection seems like a really good idea.

As for "Steward" ... is it necessarily her real name? Or just her current cover? Hmmm.... Not that I need her to be related to anyone on the show, really, but I felt I ought to point that out wink

They weren't the most discreet there in the classroom, but as you say, it was their first "public" meeting. They might be good at concealing themselves in general, but this is a different situation. And I think a shared secret might actually be harder to keep. When it's just Kaylie, she has no trouble appearing blase about Supernova, but when he's right there, it'd be really hard not to react, I would think. And vice-versa for Jor/Jon. So, not too bad for their first try at it.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Columnist
Columnist
Thanks Jojo and PJ!

Jojo, I was kind of wondering where you went. Thanks for letting me know you'r still out there!

And PJ, your comments are always appreciated. Thanks for letting me know what you think!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard