Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#48278 11/26/07 08:55 AM
Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Hey, Missy! Where's the rest? Surely you don't intend to leave us *hanging* like this!

This was awesome - a very fun and fresh way for Lois to figure out the secret. I especially loved that she checked into whether he was actually using his health insurance. What a great angle!

Now post the rest and I won't have to stalk you. wildguy

[Adding part no. to header of post - Admin]

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
Missy, very original and refreshing new angle! While I do not condone with what Lois or Jimmy did, I thought better of him anyway early on, it sure amkes for one interesting story! Definitely please continue asap.

Mona

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ack hang me! well it is about time she got it! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
Oooh! I love it! smile1 What a delightfully sneaky Lois this is. Poor Clark isn't going to know what hit him... and I can't wait laugh .

More soon, please!

Caroline

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey! Get back here! You really can't leave us there! It's not nice. If you don't come back I'll have to unleash an army of my little friends [Linked Image] here to come and get you.

This story is absoultely wonderful up to this point. I often wondered why Lois, who was such a wonderful investigator, got mad a Clark but never tried to figure him out. This is great.

BTW--I love the whole life insurance part. Very touching.

grovel grovel grovel PLEASE MORE SOON!

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I love it too! It's great! I often complain about galactically stupid Lois, so it's wonderful to see her using her investigative brains for once! And of course I, too, thought that the insurance policy thing was so sweet. Now if he could only have told her what he'd done....

Is Lois going to figure out all the rest for herself? Is Clark going to find out that she's been investigating him and 'fess up? I know what would have happened if this had been the old comics - then Clark, or Superman, would have come up with a way to fool Lois once again and insist that he, Clark, was really, really just plain old Clark. In fact, I vaguely remember a comic where Lois found out that Clark's glasses were not prescription, and where Clark actually got himself real prescription glasses in the end. And he persuaded her that there had been a normal and legitimate reason for him to wear "window-pane" glasses before, but don't ask me what that reason might have been!

I agree with the others: Please come back soon!

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Superb loved the bunny gets bunny and rabbit hole imagery laugh

Looking forward to more.. smile1

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Columnist
Columnist
Wonderful, Missy!

Some of my favorite lines:

Oh god! She’s was losing him! To a long-legged python with blond hair!
Mayson, a python! lol

She was so high maintenance with her emotions, no wonder he was so gun shy! Keeping Lois Lane happy meant not rocking the boat! Keep all oars in the water and tread very carefully!
I loved this! Purely brilliant.

Clark made excuses like bunnies made more bunnies... and with more rabbit holes than a whole forest!
lol There was just so many funny lines in this story! Great job.

It's been a few weeks since I've read any fanfic, so I'm glad that life let me have a few minutes to read this. I'm looking forward to more. Keep up the good work!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ahem, you're missing part of the title. This is clearly part 1/?, right? laugh Just joshing you. But seriously, this already amazing piece could be the prelude to a multi-part amazing piece. The beneficiary thing was so touching!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Where is the rest of it?

Where? Where?

Oh and the life insurance ... whinging

And I know it's invasion of privacy but I love the fact that she started to investigate him.

Clark should know better than to risk the wrath of Mad Dog Lane!!!

More soon please!!!!

The Little Tornado.

The Little Tornado is ....

Marisa Wikramanayake
Freelance Writer & Editor,
Board Member of SoEWA and Writing WA
http://www.marisa.com.au
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Thanks so much for the great response!!!

Part 2 is on the way in a couple of days - probably sometime tomorrow afternoon.

And yes, Mad Dog Lane is on the loose and she plans on showing Clark no mercy!

Doesn't everyone love a mad Lois? I promise the [Linked Image] !!!!

Top Banana
Top Banana
dance Missy, read your story and loved it! I don't have much time for commenting the way I like but it's certainly not because I enjoyed it any less. Just busy with HELL! I mean school.

At first I thought that you were leaving us hanging but I see now where another part is coming. It's quite original.

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Missy - you know how much I love this! I can't wait to read the rest as well. Tomorrow - you get to do nothing but write like the wind!
Carol

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sorry, not much time for fdk, so just a clap clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Features Writer
Features Writer
I'm liking this bunches so far but I got ask you something about this line...
Well, let his words come back to bite him in the butt, because that was exactly what she was going to do.
smile1

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
More please.
Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
'Mister SneakIntoTheBackdoorWhileYourDefensesWereDownClarkChameleonKent'
LOL!

Great start Missy, I hope you continue this!

Lisa

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Lois the journalist at work--I love stories like this!! I remember when LnC was on the air, I always thought it would make for an awesome plot arc if Lois started investigating Clark or Superman. And the clues you have Lois find are so clever, I never would have thought to check if he'd filed medical claims, but given the number of "dentist appointments" he's probably used as excuses, it *does* make sense!

I always imagined Lois checking out the places Clark lived before Metropolis and discovering instances of "Super" activity. Surely Clark used his powers back then too? Maybe he slipped up from time to time?

Now I'm getting side-tracked. But that's the sign of a great story--you get lost in the world of it.

Originally posted by MissyG:
And yes, Mad Dog Lane is on the loose and she plans on showing Clark no mercy!
Oooo--please show Clark Mercy. Clark can have all the Mercy he wants. drool wink

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Part two, please?

Ann

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
She's working on it right now!

I'm not to disturb her for 10 minutes ;-).

And it's good too!
Carol

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard