Print Thread
#47708 10/25/07 01:43 PM
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I really like this story, rkn. The situation is just sweet, and embarrassing, and funny, and sad.

The sad thing is that Lois and Clark are not together! Clearly they need to get back to each other. Personally, I'm sometimes extremely critical of Clark and want Lois to keep him in the doghouse, but I think you have shown us that your Clark is very sad and lonely without Lois, that he understands what he has done wrong, and that his transgressions were not the kind that ought to keep him and Lois apart forever. Like many guys, he took his wife for granted, while at the same time he was extremely dependent on her. I think that he has learned his lesson and realized that Lois isn't someone who is just there for the sake of his convenience. At the same time, and this is important, I don't think it is realistic to expect old dogs to learn a whole bunch of entirely new tricks. In other words, I don't think that Clark should turn over an entirely new leaf and suddenly turn into Super-Husband!

[Linked Image]

No, I think you should keep this realistic. I think Lois knew what she was in for when she got married. Of course, after a number of years she found that she just couldn't take it any more, even if she had partly expected what her married life would be like. She was the one who was unhappy in their marriage, but Clark, I think, was much unhappier than Lois about their divorce. So he has to change if they are to get back together, but she also has to realize that she is still taking Clark back, not a super-improved version of him. They both have to give and take a little!

So what is in it for Lois, if she is taking Clark back? Well, how about their love life? blush You have made it clear that Lois is really longing for that part of her togetherness with him! Personally, I think it would be really sweet if Lois is overcome by desire one night when Clark is there to bring her sausages and cheese. Even though this is the gfic folder and you can't get into any details, you can still make it clear that this was really good for Lois and she really wants this back in her life on a regular basis! And how about having one of their kids "catch them in the act", or at least definitely understanding what they have been up to? Why shouldn't they get back together if they can't keep their hands off each other anyway? laugh

Besides, they are having a baby. And they love each other - they do.

So Clark is taking Lois on a date. That's a good start! Remember that he doesn't have to say good-bye at her front door!

[Linked Image]

Ann

#47709 10/26/07 05:25 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm not volunteering to take over because I wouldn't know where to take it, and, sorry, I'm not going to help write it either. (possibly a good thing goofy ) Hell, I haven't even read part 3 yet! I'm just so glad to see it back! Whoopee! dance

Part 4, part 4! wildguy

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#47710 10/27/07 03:03 AM
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
What Ann said.
FDK with illustrations- gota love it.By the way, has Lois signed up with AARP?

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
#47711 10/27/07 01:14 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Nice. I tend to be a fan of L&C working it out but you have played them so well.

You’ve always allowed me to be Superman and I need to allow you to be Lois Lane, Super Reporter.
Delightful.

Framework4

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard