Chapter Seven

It was night when Clark returned to Metropolis to go to work the next day. After spending time with his parents he felt as good as new. Although, he missed Lois, their arguments and her voice. It was late and Clark could’nt sleep, so he left his recently rented apartment in order to go for a walk.

Luthor didn’t stop trying to seduce Lois; her cheeks were a shade of pink. She got the interview she had been looking for so long, now there were no more excuses. He walked her to her door’s apartment with his arm around her shoulder.

“It was a wonderful dinner, thank you Lex,” she said grateful.

“*You* are wonderful, beautiful,” Luthor said caressing her.

“Thanks for giving me this interview,” Lois tried to change subject.

“All the ones you want. Would you like to go to the theater with me tomorrow?” he asked, kissing the back of her hand.

“Oh, well I... yeah, sure,” she said smiling.

“Great, I’ll call you tomorrow, beautiful. Good night” he said and kissed her.

She was unable to resist. <How long it’s been since a man kissed me?> she thought.

Lois entered her apartment while Lex left in his limousine. They weren’t alone at the scene. Two people had seen it all, one wanted to know everything that happened between Luthor and her sister, and the other watched from the corner as the woman he loved kissed another man.

Clark flew to Lois’s window and listened to her talk to her sister.

“Well, tell me everything Lois,” Lucy said, excitedly.

“There’s nothing to tell, we had dinner, I interviewed him and he accompanied me home,” Lois replied casually.

“Yeah, he also invited to the theater tomorrow and kissed you,” her sister added.

“You were spying on me?” Lois sounded upset.

“Oh come on, its not every day that you go out with a man and one of the richest at that!”

“You know my experience with men had not been the best,” Lois replied nervously.

“Lois, not every man is like those you’ve been with.” Lucy tried to give her advice.

“No, there are worse,” Lois blurted categorically.

“Is there something worse than a co-worker sleeping with you to steal your exclusive and leave the next morning?” Lucy said, agitated.

“Thanks for remind me of what he did to me, Lucy.” Lois had enough.

“I’m just telling you that there the man of your life is out there. Open up your heart Lois, don’t be afraid,” her sister told her patting her affectionately.

“Well, he might be Lex. In the end, he’s attractive and very passionate and I think he likes me,” Lois said, calming down.

“Well, go get him, sis.” The sisters smiled at each other and hugged.

At that moment, Clark flew to his apartment wanting to digest what he had heard.

<That’s why she hates me so much, because some co-worker hurt her and made her cry> Clark thought, sitting in his sofa. <She’s scared of being hurt again if she falls in love>.

Now he understood her rivalry in the face of an exclusive, to be the best reporter. She wouldn’t let herself be beaten by anyone, she wielded a shield to protect her true personality so no one would hurt her.

However, though she liked Superman, she was ready to offer Luthor her heart

<She loved Superman platonically. She’s attracted to Luthor attracts her and seems in love> Clark thought sadly. <Forget her, Clark, she’s out of your reach. From now on I won’t reply to her insults, I’ll be patient and if someday she wants my friendship, I’ll always be at her side>.

Clark slept with these thought in mind, knowing that tomorrow would be a hard day. From tomorrow on he’d go to work and would not exist to Lois Lane.

tbc...

Pisco and Ceviche ->100% PERUVIAN. Never doubt that.