Don’t Go Away
by coolgirl
PG-13

“Lois, when I thought about losing my job at the Planet, saying goodbye to Perry, Jimmy, everyone... I realized something. I realized I could lose all that and still go on. I realized there was only one thing I didn't want to live without... and that was you. Seeing you every morning, working with you, being with you….”
“That's why you should...”
“No. Lois, listen to me. I'm not talking about the partnership. I'm talking about us. I've been in love with you for a long time… You must have known.”

Part 5 : I love you

“It has been two days since you have slept properly or ate anything, Lois. Are you listening to me? If I had stopped eating every time your father left me, I wouldn’t have lived to see this day-”

“Mother, had you been sober every time fath-“ Lois interjected with some asperity.

“Don’t you interrupt me, Lois Lane! It is not as if you *loved* Lex Luthor. I mean, how could you love him? He was a criminal. And you weren’t even sure of marrying him, were you? I told you not to go through it if you weren’t sure, didn’t I? Then why are you sitting over there crying over a dead man you don’t love? For heavens sake, had I known you’d be like this I’d never have-”

“Mother, I want to be alone right now, please!” Lois pleaded. As her mother left her with a huff, she closed the door and locked it secure. Then the tears fell, again. Lois Lane didn’t wallow. But she was no longer Lois Lane. She was nothing. No longer was she the top-reporter of the Daily Planet. No longer was she a friend of Superman. She couldn’t be, not after the way she had thrown herself on him, that last time. And now, apparently she had lost Clark as well.

Too tired to think, she flopped down on Clark’s bed and tried to grasp that evasive and much needed sleep. She couldn’t! She lay staring at the ceiling for hours until her eyes, which hadn’t blinked properly for several minutes dropped closed of their own volition.

--------------------------------

He smiled. Then taking her hand, he knelt down on his knees. She loved the way he looked at her. She loved his beloved face. Those beautiful bespectacled brown eyes she could drown in. She loved his voice, that deep resonating voice that filled her with music. She loved his mouth, beautiful bow-shaped and those lips, those delicious lips that she could devour forever. And when he smiled, oh God, when he smiled her insides twisted, a tremor ran through her and she melted into a pool of liquid at his feet.

His hand lifted hers and he placed a gentle kiss on her left knuckle. She blushed.

“Lois Lane, will you do the honor of becoming my wife?” his deep, gentle voice flowed over her, filling her with a warn glow.

“Yes!” Her reply was drowned in a gasp when he suddenly stood up and pulled her into his arms. He lifted her up and she laughed. There was a shower of flowers over them.

There could never be any other man for her. There could never be any other woman for him.

-----------------------------

She was in a room with thousands of lit candles that filled her with lovely warmth. She was reclining on a silk bed with satin sheets. He was looming over her. He came closer and closer. She closed her eyes in sweet anticipation.

The first touch of his lips on hers filled her with happiness. The second touch, warmth. The third, love. The fourth, desire. Then she could no longer keep track of his kisses. They were a never-ending series of drugging kisses.

Her body entwined with his. Her breath mingled with his. Her soul merged with his. She gasped at the sweet, yet unfamiliar intimacy. He soothed her with his tongue and lips. She moaned into his mouth. He crooned soft-nothings into her ear. She pulled at his lips. He pushed his tongue into her mouth. Their tongues danced the tango, gentle and erotic, until their bodies and souls claimed for more and more.

She woke up in his bed, drenched in sweat. She panted hard before regaining control of her breath and pushed her hair behind her ear.

---------------------------------

Standing up, she went into the bathroom for a bath - a cold bath - at three in the morning. But that vivid and erotic dream continued to haunt her throughout the night.

Sleep was eluding her, as usual. She decided to fix something to eat from the kitchen, since she had gone almost hungry the previous day. She found a generous supply of Double Crunch Chocolate Bars in Clark’s refrigerator which he had probably stocked for her sake. Carrying at least a dozen of them in her hands, she walked back into Clark’s room. Sitting on the bed, she tore off the wrapper and was about to eat it when she saw a white paper lying on the pillow.

Curious, she picked it up. She recognized Clark’s neat handwriting addressing her, ‘To Lois’. It was a letter. A letter from Clark! ‘How did it get here?’ she wondered. Had it been lying there all the while? No. She was quite sure it wasn’t there before. Then how? A sudden thought struck her. Superman?

“Superman? Are you there?” she called out.

Forgetting the chocolate bar, she opened the letter and started to read.

‘Dear Lois,’ it read.

TBC

The nfanfic version of this part has also been posted

CG
------------

( oo * Work) + (1 * Hubby) + (2 * Kids) = 0 * Time