Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Laura S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Oh my gosh, rotflol Jimmy and a SHEEP costume?! That's so, so, so disturbing. Almost as much as Gebbler buying a fox costume. This one cracked me up, but again, I have to say my favorite part was Jimmy. That was absolutely hilarious. smile

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Features Writer
Features Writer
OK, I seriously cannot stop laughing here. Jimmy and the sheep costume reminds of of the episode of Friends when Rachel tells Chandler she wants her blow-up sheep back and he says very sheepishly that he used it as a pillow. Uh-huh

That is hilarious! I have no idea who the author is, but whomever it is clearly has a sense of humor!

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Oh wow, I loved the costume Clark bought for Lois, and the one Lois then bought for herself!!! rotflol

And of course... Jimmy with a sheep costume... what a pity he didn't buy it, eh? Has he got a new girlfriend, I wonder? Who could it be? Cat?

Anyway, lovely story. Soooooo funny! And sexy! And well written. I didn't spot even the tiniest mistake or typo.

Hmmm. Short-haired Lois. The author of this fic told us that this Lois has her hair cropped very short. Lois's short hairstyle doesn't seem to have many admirers on these boards, so who would make a point of it in a fic? Tank? Sure, but the general style of the writing doesn't feel like Tank's, does it?

Well, hmmm. The author could be Sue (though she has never given Lois short hair, to my knowledge) or DJ (who has). The A-plot feeling of the fic would go well with Sue or DJ, as well as the quality of the fic. It could be Lara, too....

Hmmm. Wait. Let me get back to Tank. Tank doesn't like Jimmy, right? And here Jimmy makes a fool of himself. Tank??? It is you, then? eek

Ann

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
OMG! this was awesome. I love the Sailor Moon reference. Besides LnC, Sailor Moon is the only other show I have saved on my hardrive. Somehow I feel like I'm way to excited about this. Something about Lois in Sailor Scout suit is just priceless, I see her more as a mixture of Ami and Rei than Serena though. Ok yeah I really am too excited about this. hyper

Procrastinators unite! Tomorrow.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Clark looked at the shiny cardboard tag that dangled from the end of the wand. On one side was an anime-style picture of a girl with two long, blonde ponytails, wearing a skimpy sarafuku. She held a version of the wand aloft and was posed in such a way as to allow a seemingly-accidental glimpse of pink underwear underneath her skirt. Clark flipped the tag over. On the other side, printed in a calligraphic font, were the words 'In The Name Of The Moon, I Will Punish You!'
*howls with laughter* I was on the ground rolling at this.

Oh god you guys made my day. All those anime references...

Although I do have to wag my fingers at the furry reference. *shudder*

Although... I can't wait to find out who wrote this and I totally have more words for you on this once I find out. laugh

EDIT: And since Ann didn't add pictures... And example of the "Sailor Fuku" along with one of her wands.
[Linked Image]

(But not the original wand ... and on that note I'm shutting up before my obsession takes over. For those that don't know Sailor Moon is my other fandom. Come on... I have a thing for men with secret identities. )

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I have no idea. I'm going to guess our dear friend Editor Jax. I'm certain of it, in that I-don't-have-a-clue kind of way.

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"Um..." Jimmy stammered at last, "This is for Ralph. I mean---" His face turned scarlet. After a few seconds of choking and gurgling, he finally turned and ran crying from the store.
laugh

Tank? is it you?

~•~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Jimmy dropped the sheep outfit he'd been holding, and for a while, the three just stared awkwardly at each other.

"Um..." Jimmy stammered at last, "This is for Ralph. I mean---" His face turned scarlet. After a few seconds of choking and gurgling, he finally turned and ran crying from the store.
For Ralph? Now why does that conjure up images that I really didn't need...? And why is Jimmy buying the costume for Ralph? eek

I loved this story, though. I have no idea who wrote it, but it was very well done. smile

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh my...Clark in a black leather outfit... eek Be still my heart.

Well, I didn't get most of the anime references because it's not my thing, but this was hilarious all the same. I especially loved the irate brunette returning the outfit. Poor Clark. All his fantasies crushed in one fell swoop. rotflol

As for who wrote it - I'm going to have to say DJ, if only for the inclusion of the sheep costume. DJ has a thing about sheep, you know. She's forever trying to fit them into her stories. "DJ," I keep saying, "DJ, you don't want to put sheep in your stories! It's insane!" But will she listen? No, she just keeps on trying to sneak them on in there....

LabRat smile (who doesn't really think it was DJ, but has no other suggestions...)

PS
Oh god you guys made my day.
Guys, Jojo? Guys plural? You know something we don't? laugh

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Merriwether
Merriwether
Labbie, I thought it was you who mentioned sheep in your posting of the seven sins challenge.

Have heard of Sailor Moon, though I know very little about it. But the combo of CK's embarrassment, Lois' fury, and a Jimmy sighting made it extremely funny. I fear I have no solid idea who wrote any piece other than hunches.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Teej is that you? This was very funny and warped. I loved it. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Features Writer
Features Writer
Come on... I have a thing for men with secret identities.
LOL. Although Tuxedo Kamen's outfit is marginally more convincing than Supes.

Marginally.

The thing is that those fuku are really hot in real life. Hot enough that there are clubs a world over where the girls are decked out in them.

This was extremely funny. My 'inner' geek had a party with it!

wink alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
I think I pulled something laughing.

If Labby hadn't posted a guess, I would have guessed her, because of the reference to sheep in the "Dark Clark" post in the FoLC Productions folder ( check it out here ), but either I'm wrong or that's one heck of a misdirection! Either way, it's one of the funniest things I've read in a long time. Favorite quote:

Lois and Clark watched him go. They glanced at each other, then Clark turned to the clerk. "Thanks very much, but I don't think we'll be coming back here again."

The clerk nodded. "It's okay," he said as they turned to leave, "no one ever does."
Hilarious! Keep it up!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Top Banana
Top Banana
Labby: Hahaha, no I think I was just so excited about a SM reference that my grammar disintegrated.

alcyone: Yeah it was. He did have the mask. Although I have to say the sailor scouts "disguises" were just as bad as supes. laugh Although the live action drama (Oh yes... I just said live action) did a bit better with that costume change.

*clamps her mouth shut before she looks more geeky than she already is*

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Labbie, I thought it was you who mentioned sheep in your posting of the seven sins challenge.
What? No, no, no. I deny it strenuously. It was DJ. All her idea... In fact, she hijacked my nick and made those posts herself.

Honest.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Clark found himself surrounded by racks and shelves packed with costumes, as well as a few other "recreational items".
Oh, my gosh. I burst out laughing.

At last, he was safe, hiding in a corner behind a rack of Batman and Robin costumes.
Hmmm.... A reference to Batman.

A glance in another direction, however, resulted in a scalding glimpse of red and blue that made his face flush.
Giggles....

It showed two young girls, drawn in anime style complete with unrealistic hair color.
Oh, my gosh, I can actually picture this.

Clark found himself picturing Lois in one of those outfits, and found that the image was---strangely---not altogether disagreeable...
Reminds me of that story where Clark and Lois had to call Perry because they got in trouble while enacting a ‘fantasy’. I believe they got in trouble for solicitation and soliciting. Now who wrote that story? Is the same author our author X for Hey, Sailor?

His grip on the innocuous paper bag tensed as he headed for home, completely forgetting Mr. Gebbler.
I’ll bet, Clark.

The store clerk was surprised but unfazed when, some time later, the door to the shop flew open and an irate brunette stormed in, dragging his last customer along by the ear. The paper bag was in her other hand. After looking around and spying the counter, she shoved the bag into her captive's arms and pushed him toward the counter.
I can just imagine how irate Lois was. And I’m almost on the floor rolling with laughter.

By the time he accepted the freshly-stocked paper bag, he'd been completely robbed of speech, and it was up to Lois to handle the credit card.
Hahaha...

The clerk nodded. "It's okay," he said as they turned to leave, "no one ever does."
Uh-huh, yeah, right.

If Labby hadn't posted a guess, I would have guessed her, because of the reference to sheep in the "Dark Clark" post in the FoLC Productions folder
Hmm... I kind of thought it might be Labby, too. Hmmm.....

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Ah! I didn't know that that "Sailor fuku" existed for real. Thanks for the picture, Jojo! smile

And it wasn't like Jimmy had bought that sheep costume for his new girlfriend. He had bought it - or was going to buy it - for Ralph. Oh, it totally boggles the mind! Jimmy and Ralph in sheep's clothing!!! rotflol

Ann

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
alcyone: Yeah it was. He did have the mask. Although I have to say the sailor scouts "disguises" were just as bad as supes. Although the live action drama (Oh yes... I just said live action) did a bit better with that costume change.
You saw the live action, I'm so jealous. I agree the scouts desguises were terrible they didnt even wear glasses wink .

P.S. I'm so glad to find other people who are even a little bit as excited as I am about the Sailor Moon reference.

Procrastinators unite! Tomorrow.
Columnist
Columnist
This was so hilarious!

lol By far my favorite part!

I think someone wrote this and threw in a bunch of different things to throw everyone off.

It sounds like it could be Tank, or LaraMoon, or even DJ, but I don't think it was any of them.

I'll save my guess for later. I'm going to have to think about this one.

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Jax, definitely.
James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard