Next Thread
Print Thread
Laura S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Guess the Author submission number 8. smile

___

First off, I love the idea of Lois bullying Superman into being her date. That's just so... Lois Lane, and then his costume!

Harry Potter! rotflol I had never thought about that, and I admit when you mentioned black robes and lipstick I was thinking "Dracula? Zombie? What?" Harry Potter completely came out of left field, even though I read the author's note. :p Anyway, this one was great.

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Top Banana
Top Banana
That was the perfect ending! I loved the dialog at the end. ^_^

Everyone keeps leaving these stories so open and I keep wanting more!! But that is half the fun of these stories... thinking up your own ending. clap

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oooh! Harry Potter? smile1

Superman looked absolutely *fantastic* in black. Droolworthy, even. Pity there was no way she could ogle his arms, though.
*laughs herself silly* OMG, the arms! ....and you hid them from us??? Meanie! wink

Very cute story! smile Liked it very much!

My guess on this goes to Mellie. I'm pretty sure this is her work. (hey, for once, I actually think I may be right. *wooohooo*!)

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Harry Potter!!! So funny!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Yes, well, they do look a bit similar, don't they? Harry Potter and Clark Kent? At least when Clark is not Dean Cain.

And even when he is Dean Cain, Lois can't fail to see that Super-Harry Potter-man is in fact Clark Kent!!!

Wow! That was so funny! What a super idea!! clap

Ann

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I'm not buying the author's note or the arms reference, so I'm not sure where that leaves me on the guessing game. BTW, those pictures were hilarious, Ann! James thought they were both pictures of CK. (We're not very up on pop culture if you guys haven't noticed, yet.)

I suppose if I guess they're all me, I might be right once. Unfortunately, I've barely had enough time to leave feedback, let alone do much writing. Plan B is to guess that they're all written by Lex Luthor, Jaxon or Mona. Plan C is that I guess that this particular piece was written by Lara Joelle Kent, simply because I think this author was being trickier than most and this piece doesn't match her style.

I'm going for door number C! And the author is... (insert drum roll)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
One of my first thoughts while reading this was "Wow, Superman really could ride a broom!"

Wow, really tough to guess. I know it isn't MarcusRowland. I know his style from a variety of genres and there were no British spellings (honestly, I know that can be changed, but I think he is stubborn enough to be true to himself...)

If had to hazard a guess, I think it is CCMalo. She would be that evil

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lois sighed. Superman knew her only too well. As did Clark. But she couldn't tell Clark about it. He wasn't safe. Superman was.
I’ll take either, thank you.

Did she hear all right? *Superman* was teasing her?
Gonna give yourself away, Clarkie.

Why couldn't she have a mother like Clark's?
Why can’t we all have mothers like Clark’s?

See, he means a lot to me, much more than I'm ready to tell him
Awww....

babbling brook
Cute, X. Cute.

As a matter of fact, I'd rather you got yourself another costume.” Lois stopped to think. Something was wrong with that. She couldn't picture Superman entering a store and buying a costume. With some trouble, she suppressed the giggles threatening to escape from her mouth.
He’d probably fit right in. The costume folks would probably think he was just trying one out.

Why had he ever agreed to be Lois' date? Oh, right. He hadn't.
Lois tricked you!

Maybe you want to change in my bedroom?
Bet Lois peeks.

Pity there was no way she could ogle his arms, though.
Snorted in laughter when I read this one. We all know who likes the ‘arms’.” rotflol

Lois wouldn't want him to be the Boy who Lived, would she? Knowing Lois, the answer was probably yes.
I don’t get it, but it’s probably something everybody gets. Right?

Meanwhile, I'm going to change into Hermione Granger.
Ah. Harry Potter. I see now. I recognize the name Hermione.

Slowly, Clark squared his shoulders and turned around to face her. “You're right. Superman doesn't seem right.”
Arggghhh.... This story begs for a sequel. What *does* she end up calling him?

Great story. But this time, I’m not going to guess. I think I’m probably just going to make a fool out of myself by the guesses I’ve already made on the stories I've already read. smile

Plan C is that I guess that this particular piece was written by Lara Joelle Kent, simply because I think this author was being trickier than most and this piece doesn't match her style.
Really, you think? Hmm... Since I’ve done a bunch of Mellie’s betas, I’m not so sure.

I know it isn't MarcusRowland. I know his style from a variety of genres and there were no British spellings (honestly, I know that can be changed, but I think he is stubborn enough to be true to himself...)
I thought Marcus was British. Isn’t he?

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Columnist
Columnist
I don't have a guess on this one yet, either.

Great story, though!

“So, what do I get to call you tonight? Superman does seem rather stupid,” she said, adressing his back.

Slowly, Clark squared his shoulders and turned around to face her. “You're right. Superman doesn't seem right.”
And this is where Superman tells her his REAL name...

clap Great job!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
A
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A
Such a creative way to frame a revelation!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard