Features Writer
Well, what did you think?

#47372 10/15/07 11:28 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Fabulous as always Shayne!

I love that... well I just love it. As CK he may not be all that hot with Lois just yet, but as Sman he was great with Lisa. And flying!

What will Lois think of her first flight with the Man of Steel?!?!

And when will they all find out that S=CK? I'm sure Lisa will figure it out first with the whole heartbeat thing...

Carol [who just finished TF and now HAS to do schoolwork frown ]

#47373 10/15/07 12:17 PM
Kerth
Kerth
I can only second everything Carol said.

I think taking both Lisa and Lois flying will prove to be the best idea Clark had ever had. smile

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#47374 10/15/07 01:09 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
You know, taking both Lisa and Lois flying might be the best thing he could have done. It ought to go a long way towards making up for trying to buy her off earlier.

And I really liked Superman's nervousness when meeting Lisa for the first time. I wonder how long it's going to take for her to put two and two together regarding the unique heartbeat shared by two different men.

Actually, Shayne, it might be a great time for Clark to tell Lois who he really is while he's got her at nine thousand feet. There's no place for her to run off to. And he needs to tell her soon, before Lisa spills the beans. Of course, since Lisa's so very mature for a young teen, she might understand that he needs to tell Lois when he thinks Lois is ready to hear it. Or, it might not work out that way, and Lois will be so very shocked to learn that Lisa's father is the man she's been thinking so badly of.

Good story, Shayne. The beginning is just a teensy bit improbable, but not impossibly so, and everything since then has flowed logically from that beginning. This is an excellent story, Shayne, and I can hardly wait to read the next chapter.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#47375 10/15/07 02:43 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
I so enjoyed the talk between Supes and Lisa. I also liked Lois' reaction to it. I can understand how she'd be a bit suspicious about everything. That's exactly what I was waiting for.

smile

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
#47376 10/15/07 03:37 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Shayne, I've been so busy with school and I haven't time to comment on so many wonderful stories going right now but I have to take the time to say that this was another fabulous chapter and I've enjoyed every word. You manage to bring in so many emotions and make us feel so many things at once.

Great work and don't hold out so long with the next post. Hope to get back to the IRC soon, before Editor Jax comes looking for me!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#47377 10/15/07 05:04 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wonderful. laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#47378 10/15/07 06:58 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Fabulous, Shayne. You are doing such a tremndous job of exploring the otherness and the isolation of twice-orphaned, red K-poisoned Clark Superman Kent, who suddenly has to face the fact that he has a twelve-year-old daughter.

You description of Lisa's situation was heartbreaking, too. Poor girl.

I loved the meeting between Lisa and Superman, and the immediate connection she felt with her father.

As he stepped toward her, she ignored the smell of fish and oil, and a moment later, his arm was around her.

She closed her eyes for a moment. It felt like coming home.

A moment later, they were airborne, and Lisa discovered a part of herself she'd never known existed.
Amazing. Beautiful.

Lisa was already running up the hill. “Mom! Mom! Did you see! We were flying!”

The expression of joy on her face was something Lois hadn't seen in a long time. It was then that Lois realized that the toys and the mansion weren't the real danger. Lisa had never been all that interested in material things, and had in fact been more level headed than she had been.

But this…this was something that she couldn't share with her daughter. This was something wonderful and amazing and mysterious, and it was easily the sort of thing that could turn a young girl's head, no matter how dangerous it was.
And Lois realizes that Lisa shares something amazing with her father that she can never share with Lois.

Lois bristled at the casual way he gave Lisa orders; as though he'd been her father his entire life. He hadn't put the time in. He hadn't stayed up all night when she was young. He hadn't dried her tears, or sacrificed for her.
And Lois feels that Clark hasn't got the right to be what he is to Lisa. He hasn't done anything for Lisa so far, except taking her flying, whereas Lois has done everything for Lisa. And yet, in the end, it might be Lois who gets left out of the equation. What if Lisa chooses Superman over Lois?

But Lisa ought to figure out that Superman is Clark Kent pretty quickly. Will that affect her way of looking at her father? Will she, when all is said and done, choose Clark/Superman over Lois?

And if she is forced to make such a choice, how will that affect a twelve-year-old child?

Amazing. Heartbreaking. Shayne, this is a fantastic story.

Ann

#47379 10/19/07 06:08 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
loving it... hope Lois'll enjoy the flying as much as Lisa... hey.. you just posted Part 11.. going to read that now... wonderful story thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard