Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Laura S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Speculate away!

She was looking at him intently, her full lips wrapped around the lime-green straw as she moved another step closer toward professing her love to him and everyone within a 100-foot radius.
Hehe! Loved that line.

“That shirt looks good on you.” She gave him a sultry smile as her eyes swept over his olive-green button-down shirt and down to his tan slacks. “It matches your eyes.”
And that just brought up too many funny memories. In my family, we'd play Ispy with my youngest brother and he'd go "it's the color of your eyes" so we'd search around for something brown, but it always ended up being bright orange or something. :p Maybe you had to be there.

That was too funny! I loved the ending. Pure Lois Lane will to survive. Great job! It was worth me wondering all day what a story called Southern Nights was about. smile

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Features Writer
Features Writer
Yup, I got this one fast too...well if I'm right and not out of my mind.

I don't trust any of you writers. *narrows eyes*

Oh man, I'm just dying to see whether I'm right or not.

Can I just say it was really, really hot? For PG, of course, but nonetheless.

wink
alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
Kerth
Kerth
Oooo! Drunken!Lois - I'd think it was me, if I didn't know better. Or do I? <heh>

My favorite line: God, she was just as intoxicating to him as the rum was to her.

I just love it when Clark can't resist her. laugh

I've reached the point now where I can no longer decide who wrote what. I'll be like alcyone and withhold my suspicions. :p

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I think that one screams Sue. That's why I'm not sure it's her.

Count one vote for Sue.

Elisabeth

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Did all the writers on these boards decide to become freakin' brilliant overnight or have I just not been paying attention?!

I have no clue. Whatsoever. Although there's a certain telltale darkness about the story that narrows the field down some. It can either be Sue, Alcyone, Shayne or Elisabeth. Or I could just be way off base about all of them.

But it could also have been Terry. The 'man's perspective' stands out here. I mean, if the writer were female, they would be more appreciative of Clark's 'assets'. Or would find it easier to write from Lois' perspective.

I point at Terry. laugh

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh dear, well I have no idea who wrote this one... Lisa, maybe? Nah. Can't be. DJ or Sue would be my best guesses, but it just doesn't seem like them enough to me.

I have no earthly idea.

But I definitely liked reading it - whoever you are, you did a great job! (and *yay*: an a-plot!)

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Wow, that was hot and lovely!

But who wrote it? It takes place in New Orleans... I have already guessed that Jenn, Edirot Jax, wrote one of the previous stories. Are you sure you didn't write this one, Jenn?

Anyway, I loved it!!! clap

Ann

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
The only people I've ruled out are Sue and Caroline. There's a possibility it might be Alcyone, but that doesn't feel quite right either. I'm voting for Shayne.

But whoever you are, great story. I love the whole idea of them chasing at story at Mardi Gras. I can feel the darkness, the liquid speed at which everything seems to occur, and the emotions right near the surface.

Lisa

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Features Writer
Features Writer
I'm pretty sure I know who wrote this one, too.

Only our resident smut queen coughsuecough would be ballsy enough to have Lois flash a balcony full of guys.

laugh

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Kerth
Kerth
Only our resident smut queen coughsuecough would be ballsy enough to have Lois flash a balcony full of guys.
Moi? Maybe if she flashed Clark... oh, wait. She did. devil

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Ides of Metropolis
Kerth
Kerth
Woo hoo! That was hot. Whoever you are, you need to head on over to the nfic side and post a part 2! devil

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
Still not guessing, but I really enjoyed the atmosphere of this one, and the sweet, sexy ending was just perfect.

I'm loving having all of these great one-shots to read! They fit perfectly into my a-few-minutes-here-and-a-few-minutes-there schedule. Keep 'em coming! smile .

Caroline

Top Banana
Top Banana
Ahh!! One I missed. ^_^

I could have sworn I left some FDK for this. smile

This was great. I love the drunk Lois and I love the shocked Clark at the end. I wonder what happens afterwards? Will Clark take "advantage" of her?

Sadly... probably not. whinging

P.S. That sounds so horrible of me to say... but you all know what I mean by taking advantage. peep

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
To the bartender, it was just another night on Bourbon Street, with just another woman who didn’t know her personal limit. To Clark Kent, it was a somewhat entertaining, slow-motion car wreck that he was powerless to stop.
This is great imagery. Just wonderful.

God, she was just as intoxicating to him as the rum was to her.
Very nice.

This is a great story, and I know I recognize the style, but I just can’t put my finger on it. But I think my vague memory thinks the writer is male. Shayne? Tank?

She stopped in the middle of the street to give him a smirk. “I’ll tell you what, Clark; when we win a Pulitzer for this story, the first thing I’ll do is give you your ten bucks.”
Yeah, that’s so Lois.

He opened the bag to pull out an emerald green and gold feathered Mardi Gras mask. “Lois!”
Hey! Where are the beads!

He obliged and she wound several strands of beads around his neck to complete the look.
Oh, wait, there they are!

“Show us your …”
And she did! She did!

Maybe tonight wouldn’t be just another night on Bourbon Street, after all.
Oooohh...

Great story.

Oooo! Drunken!Lois - I'd think it was me, if I didn't know better. Or do I? <heh>
Oh, man, Sue, if that was you, you totally fooled me.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Columnist
Columnist
Awesome story!

Maybe tonight wouldn’t be just another night on Bourbon Street, after all.
I'm pretty sure I know who wrote this. I'm on to you! laugh

Now we just need the part where they...sip bourbon on Bourbon Street in the nfic folder. Because we all know how well you like the nfic folder. wink

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Lady_Mirth:
It can either be Sue, Alcyone, Shayne or Elisabeth. Or I could just be way off base about all of them.
Well, except for taking the Lord's name in vain, swearing, a flashing Lois, and tightening pants, I could see why someone would think this was one of Elisabeth's...

But I am voting for Jax or Sue.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Features Writer
Features Writer
Nice story and really hot for PG smile

But I don't have any clue... maybe Sue?

Kerth
Kerth
Well, except for taking the Lord's name in vain, swearing, a flashing Lois, and tightening pants, I could see why someone would think this was one of Elisabeth's...

Because only the two of us would be that crass? :rolleyes: , Believe it or not, in RL, I *never* take the Lord's name in vain. Go figure. huh

Ides of Metropolis
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I told James that his snippet comment was too short. He meant to say,
Although there's a certain telltale darkness about the story that narrows the field down some. It can either be Sue, Alcyone, Shayne or Elisabeth. Or I could just be way off base about all of them.
Nope, it isn't Elisabeth.

He didn't mean to say, "Golly gee, this was really a lusty story where theres swearing like a sailor. It must be Sue." wink

Elisabeth
/me mutters to myself about all of the things James says to me but he doesn't type in for all of you to read

Features Writer
Features Writer

Well, I guess we should just close up shop and Sue and I will go out for a drink. First round of immoraltinis is on me.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard