Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Laura S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Guess away. If someone suggests you're the author, don't refute or confirm.

As for my own comments...

I simply adored this fic and the title. As one who struggles with titles, I am doubly proud of those who make good ones. smile

"Then we're in luck. I can do floozy."

She saw his eyebrow lift just a little before his cheeks reddened slightly and he looked away.
Haha! I love Lois making Superman blush. That's a great line.

and this:

He coughed to hide a laugh. "All too well. What if you wore a different shirt, instead? Something that would make it possible for you to wear a, a, a--" His hand gestured frantically for her to understand.
But as much as I love Lois teasing Superman, I love Clark teasing Lois even more.

Nice shirt, by the way."

"Thanks. Superman picked out it."

Clark gave her a wink. "That's why he's my hero."
rotflol

Great job, you mysterious Author X!

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Features Writer
Features Writer
Took me like two seconds to figure out who it is...I'll be in hell if I messed this one up.

*crosses fingers* and hopes. I have to be right. I have to. I have to.

And it goes without saying that this was stupendous. wink

My favorite line will probably be a surprise among all the gems here:

"All right, then. I'll rock the naughty librarian look, just for you."
LOL!
alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
Features Writer
Features Writer
"All right, then. I'll rock the naughty librarian look, just for you."
Also my favorite line. laugh

I am going to guess Shayne? It's hot, and he knows hot.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Kerth
Kerth
"So you want me to wear sensible shoes and a long skirt? Superman, do you understand the meaning of the word 'floozy'?"
Hee! Go on, Lois, show him the meaning of the word.

I have no idea - I'd say DJ, but she's not really writing LnC anymore. Maybe it's our own real-life editor, Jenn (EditorJax)?

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
No clue who wrote it, but holy cow!!! Leave us there?!?!?!

I want to know what happens from there [and no, not *that* - get your minds out of the gutter]. Do they get the story? Do they stop the evil traders in female flesh? Do they pretend 'companionship' for Clark and then some other guy gets an eye for Lois and Clark has to take him out [or does Lois?!?!] and they realize they're in love [well, Lois does because Clark already knows], and Lois figures out the secret or Clark tells her etc.

So... author X - where's the rest?
Carol [who wonders why they're all author X - shouldn't it be author a, author b, author c... author x, author y, author z? *ducks and runs*]

Laura S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Carol [who wonders why they're all author X - shouldn't it be author a, author b, author c... author x, author y, author z? *ducks and runs*]
*shifty eyes* well, you see that would require intelligent thinking on my part and that's simply unacceptable. wink

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
/me has flashes of Jaxon, Lex and all the other Xs...

Carol

Laura S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
/me has flashes of Jaxon, Lex and all the other Xs...
Lol! You caught me. Lex Luthor has been writing all of this fan fic. He's sending it to me under the name "Author X." rotflol

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Took me like two seconds to figure out who it is...I'll be in hell if I messed this one up.

*crosses fingers* and hopes. I have to be right. I have to. I have to.
Aaaahhh!!! Alcyone, you are no help at all!!! You tell us you know who it is, but then you don't tell us who it is??? wallbash

Well, if you are so sure who it is, I guess you think it's Sue, right? Yes, it felt a bit like Sue... it could be Sue... but it wasn't like, Suuuuuue!!!! It's yooooou! For one thing, Lois wasn't sufficiently - unpredictable, perhaps? No throwing herself off of balconies. No driving cars into ravines. (Of course, Alcyone, I guess you could also be implying that it's you! Not that it felt much like you, though! laugh )

No, I think it's a bit more likely that it is... Jenn? Editor Jax? It was definitely sweet and sexy, and that is something Jenn can do, for sure. Also, Jenn, you have an eye for people's attire. So maybe you wrote this, Jenn!

Ann

Features Writer
Features Writer
Of course, Alcyone, I guess you could also be implying that it's you! Not that it felt much like you, though
LOL. What? Not dark and torturous enough? wink

Darn I've read this like two times, I STILL hold on to my first hypothesis and I can argue for it. But I will say that Shayne is a minimalist...this is not minimalist writing.

So yeah, I'm pretty sure buuuut...but what if I'm wrong? I hesitate to quote and point out bits because I am just so scared it might blow up in my face.

Ohhhhh evil authors who confound us!!

alcyone (who thinks this game will be the end of her)

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I've changed my mind. This one wasn't written by Sue. The banter here doesn't feel like the banter Sue loves to write, and this Clark isn't sufficiently - well, edgy?

Ann

C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
OK, I've decided to save my guesses for the end. But I'm making notes. And having suspicions.

Loved this one! The title alone was enough to make me love it, and then the librarian/floozy banter... rotflol

Great story smile

Caroline

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Funny how when there is no Batman reference, suddenly no one thinks I wrote it. *giggles* Mind you, all the Batman refs are totally making my day. smile

This was a lovely story. And sexy, too. And it went really well with my morning coffee!!

I'm going to guess that Jax wrote this one.

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I'd say DJ, but she's not really writing LnC anymore
DJ's not writing for us anymore? How sad! /me wants to snuggle up with my blankie

I don't think this was Shayne. It wasn't dark enough.

It could have been Tank, since Jimmy wasn't mentioned. (Tee hee)

It doesn't feel like Lara or Queen of Capes.

I know it wasn't James since there's no way he would have entitled that, and you know it wasn't me since there's no way I would pick on my hubby like that.

I'm going to click my heels together, recite "There's no place like home" and guess DJ anyway.

Elisabeth

Kerth
Kerth
For one thing, Lois wasn't sufficiently - unpredictable, perhaps? No throwing herself off of balconies. No driving cars into ravines.
LOL! Personally, I'd say that flying off into the night to infiltrate a prostitution ring while dressed like a "floozy" is as stupid as driving your car over the edge. Sure, she thinks she has Clark to help her out, but she doesn't know just how useful Clark could be in that capacity.

Dang - I hate/love this game. Everyone has me second guessing. Maybe it is LaraM. - and she's leaving out Batman just to confuse the hell out of us.

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Top Banana
Top Banana
LOL I think I'm going to keep my guesses to myself until I see the list of authors. I have a feeling I'm going to look really silly in the end if I don't.

Who ever you are... I just want you to know when you are revealed you owe us another part to this story. You can't just leave it here. You have to show us where they pretend to be "companions". Come on this story is screaming for it...

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
"You'll need a disguise," he said, his tone quiet.

"Like what? What kind of women are the other girlfriends? Floozies?"

"Yes. That's a fair assessment."

"Then we're in luck. I can do floozy."
whinging <-- tears of laughter. That's a tag line waiting to happen.

I have a pretty good idea who this one is, but I think I'll keep my mouth shut in case I'm way wrong!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
This piece is absolutely scantilizing? Is that a word or the right word, lol. I want more! The below is one of my very favorite parts and the last line rocks!

Less than a minute passed before she heard Clark stage-whisper, "Lois?"

She stepped out of the alley and grinned happily at him. He was alive and well and she couldn't stop herself from hugging him in gratitude. "I told you that you'd need my help."

Clark smiled and tightened his arms around her, exhaling a sigh against her cheek. "For the record, I didn't exactly ask you to do this. I was told you volunteered. Nice shirt, by the way."

"Thanks. Superman picked out it."

Clark gave her a wink. "That's why he's my hero."

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Ummm. Maybe it was you then, Sue?

Anyway, whoever wrote it, it was great! clap Rocking the naughty librarian looks... that rocks!!! clap

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Maybe it is LaraM. - and she's leaving out Batman just to confuse the hell out of us.
Well, obviously, if I wanted anyone to think I didn't write a story, I would leave Batman out of it. I'd probably try something that I don't usually do. Like waffy or really hot that borders on "we're not in PG anymore" -- you know, different than my normal Bat-fics. wink

Or would I?

Bwahahaha!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard