A/N: not much to say about this chapter, so enjoy!!!

Disclaimer: I don't own LnC or RS, but i did wantonly steal Lois's line from Virtually destroyed. I've buried it deep within this chapter which means you'll have to read to find it muhahahahah. But seriously I don't take any credit for any of the lines that may have appeared in LnC that i've put in my story. All i can say is that they're all my favorites.

++++++

Parking lot beneath the Lexor 9:45pm

Jason had been watching the reporters with much amusement for the last fifteen minutes. So far they’d argued about the weather, job security among tabloid reporters, if batman wore underwear under his suit, and whether Superman was a lefty or a righty, Kent was pretty sure Superman was ambidextrous.

Lois Lane and Clark Kent, the worlds best reporting team—according to their editor anyway—reminded Jason of some obscure comedy team. Their chemistry seemed to stem from some kind of underlying animosity toward each other. Lane, obviously, was the aggressor in their disagreements. She’d bate Kent with some inane observation, and then cut down his opinions like so many redwoods in a Pacific Northwest forest. Kent, wet noodle that he was, allowed that arrogant woman to walk all over him, wiping her feet on his face as she passed.

Rolling a cigarette between his thumb and forefinger Jason continued to study the pair. They seemed honest enough, and they were defiantly gullible, but were they right for this job. He supposed he could have called some ambulance chaser from the Metropolis Star, but that rag didn’t have the credibility of the planet. If Joe Blow from the Metropolis Star told America that Remington Steele was a con artist, most people would blow it off as more tabloid nonsense. If Lois Lane and Clark Kent wrote it, the reaction would be immediate. Steele would be arrested for Identity fraud, and falsifying government documents. From there he’d be extradited to Europe to answer for his various crimes as Paulo Fabrini, Michael O’Leary , Richard Blaine, and any other alias he’d used in the last twenty years.

Jason smiled as he fantasized about Steele’s public disgrace. Truly the ruination of Steele’s reputation would be the best high he’d ever experienced.

Jason slipped the cigarette back into his silver holder, not wanting to alert them to his presence quite yet. He decided, instead, to observe them for a few minutes more.

“What time is it Clark?” Lois asked shuffling her weight from side to side, “It feels like I’ve standing her for hours”

“It’s only 9:50, we’ve still got ten minutes till he shows.”

“Figures, we’re early and our shadowy source decides to make us wait.” Lois sighed and dug through her purse. After a few seconds of foraging she retrieved a double fudge crunch bar from the leather depths of her bag, and peeled the wrapper back. From the corner of his eye Clark watched Lois as she delicately wrapped her lips around the milk chocolate she held in her hand.

The parking garage suddenly felt ten degrees hotter. Clark never thought the simple act of eating a chocolate bar could be so seductive. Perhaps it was because he knew the feel of her lips against his own, perhaps it was the way her tongue swiped a stray bit of confection from her lips, or perhaps he was just seriously deprived. Whatever the reason he couldn’t look away as her eyes closed in exquisite rapture, and a low moan, which he may have imagined, escaped her throat.

Nibbling away the shell, Lois turned her attentions to the toffee and caramel bits inside. She paid them the same gentle attentions as the chocolate, using her agile tongue to soften the candy, and then extracting it from the confines of the confection to melt in her mouth. Surreptitiously Clark buttoned his suit jacket, and tried desperately to calm his raging hormones. For the love of god she was just eating a candy bar, he’d seen her do it a thousand times, but this time was just so…hot.

He was tempted to excuse himself so that he might fly to the artic for a swim, but dismissed the idea not wanting to leave her alone with some strange source. That left no other option—with a quick glance at his partner to insure she was occupied he directed a quick blast of cooling breath at himself. Nothing happened…damnit.

“Here try some Smallville”, Clark’s head whipped around guilty and met the deep brown eyes of his partner. She was holding a small piece of chocolate to his lips, a smile on her face promising warmth and delight. Cursing himself for thinking like a bad romance novel writer, Clark opened his mouth to accept the treat.

Lois fed Clark, her middle finger and thumb holding the piece of chocolate to her partner’s lips. Deciding that two could play at the seduction game, Clark gripped her thumb with his mouth as it retreated. He used his tongue to clean her digit thoroughly nibbling at the sensitive tip. Lois nearly passed out at the sensation, she hadn’t intended her innocent offer to go this far, but who cared. Her gorgeous partner was doing things to her hand that most men couldn’t accomplish in more important places. She blushed at that thought, this was ridiculous they’d only shared one little kiss; it wasn’t even all that passionate, and here she was imaging Clark’s mouth and hands caressing her—exploring. Her face turned an even deeper shade of red as she imagined Clark’s smooth muscles sliding against her bear skin, his mouth against her throat his hands on her hips. Realizing how close she was to throwing him down on the floor, Lois decided to divert her train of thought to other, less stimulating, things. Like pandas, yeah pandas and the deforestation of the Chinese jungles…the hot steamy jungles—no not jungles more like rain forests. Yeah it rained all the time there didn’t it. She imagined peoples clothes must get ruined out there all the time.

She tried to imagine Clark in a rainforest wearing one of his baggy suits. No he’d probably take off the jacket—yup that was more practical. Clark without his jacket in the sticky jungle humidity—he’d probably lose the shirt too, did he wear undershirts? Nope she’d never seen one, so Clark walking through the jungle shirtless in the middle of a rain storm. Little drops of water rolling down the crevices of his powerful muscles, over his pecks to his abs creating little rivers down his back and arms. On second thought this whole changing the subject thing was just as dangerous as her former train of thought.

His super-hearing caught the excited flutter of her heartbeat at his contact. Masculine pride thudded through his veins at being able to fluster the unflappable Lois Lane. He chuckled as he let go of her delicate finger. Just because he was a vir…very patient man didn’t mean he was a monk.

“Thanks”, he said smiling devilishly at her flushed cheeks.

“yeah…uh…sure no problem smallville” Lois ran her hands through her hair trying, in vain, to curtail her rampaging libido.

Cursing her impulse chocolate buying, Lois buried the rest of her double fudge crunch bar in her bag to be consumed later—in private.

“That was quite a show Ms. Lane, pity I don’t have any singles on me” Jason, who’d watched the entire exchange from the shadows decided to make his presence known. If he hadn’t been so turned on by her little display, he would have been disgusted by her whorish actions.

The hairs on the back of Clark’s neck bristled at the man’s comments. He immediately crossed his arms over his chest subconsciously mimicking his alter-ego’s intimidating stance.

“Lets get down to business shall we? You’ve got information, spill.”
Jason chuckled in amusement “Oh Ms. Lane, I’ve heard so much about your tenacity, and straightforwardness, and as much as I enjoy a little spice in my women I’d prefer to speak directly to Mr. Kent, as he’s the one I contacted.”

“You talk to me, you talk to Lois that’s the deal. “ Clark already didn’t like this guy. His thinly veiled chauvinism was setting his blood to a rapid boil.

Jason hid his bemusement at Mr. Kent’s statement. Maybe he’d pegged their relationship wrong, perhaps there was more to them then casual partners. Of course—Kent was sleeping with the little chit, which explained why he was sticking up for. Personally Jason didn’t think she was good for anything but a toss around the bedroom, but to each his own.

“Fine, if you want to participate I’ll allow it, but don’t interrupt me.”

“Talk” Clark said, his patience for the man wearing thin. In the back of his mind he couldn’t shake the feeling that this man’s voice was very familiar, but he dismissed it as paranoia set on by his initial dislike of him.

“Very well Mr. Kent, but only on the condition that you follow through on these leads, and write whatever you discover. Do you give me your word as a man that you will?”

Reluctantly Clark agreed, not missing Lois’s raised eyebrow at the purposeful omission of her from the pact.

“The true and unadulterated story of Remington Steele: a thief, womanizer, con artist, and all around fraud. Our story begins in Ireland, the year is 1955…”

New Rule: Don't call me when you're stuck in traffic. It's not my fault radio sucks. And did it ever occur to you that there wouldn't be so much traffic if people like you put down the phone and concentrated on the road? Besides, I can't talk now--I'm in the car behind you, trying to watch a DVD.~Bill Maher