Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#47108 10/09/07 04:48 PM
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Well? Are things heading in the right direction? What are we missing?

#47109 10/09/07 05:44 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Well, we're missing our sweet, wonderful CK, but if we had that there would be no fic smile .

Wonderful as always Shayne! I'm SO glad that Lois was able to get the bracelet away from her daughter. I'm not so sure I'm happy CK appears to be trying to get custody. Hopefully they'll get it straightened out.

If he's having a harder time pulling away from the red K each time, why doesn't he just stay away from it? He's old enough to know better even if his daughter isn't.

From an editing perspective, I did notice several typos - riding/writing, due/do and a couple others that are escaping me at the moment. I'm sure your GE will catch them if nothing else smile .

And of course, I'm anxiously awaiting part 10!
Carol

#47110 10/09/07 05:52 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I swear - it got stuck...

#47111 10/09/07 05:46 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
...every time I tried to submit it!

#47112 10/09/07 05:43 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I even backed up and refreshed to make sure it didn't post...

#47113 10/09/07 05:47 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
...and it hadn't!! None of them!!

#47114 10/09/07 05:53 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
It wasn't shameless post padding!!!
I promise!!!

[and, Shayne, I'm so sorry that your folder will look much bigger than it actually is and that like 5 of them are my screw ups!]

But you could still post more soon - like today - so I can try again...
Carol

#47115 10/10/07 02:24 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I love this story. Even though he's being a bit of an SOB Lois still has the hots for him. Soulmates or just good ol' chemistry? Who cares. Bring on part 10. laugh

PS. Did anyone else get Chinese when they tried to get on this site earlier? Made me think of those T-shirts... The ones that say "If you can't read chinese, turn your head to the right". And when you do it says something naughty. Well, I tried that and still couldn't understand it! goofy

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#47116 10/10/07 05:58 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Great chapter, Shayne. I'm glad you made the point that Lisa has enough goodness to still obey her mother. I hope it doesn't occur to her for a long time that her mother can't actually prevent anything. I didn't figure that out until I was about 17. smile

Did anyone else get Chinese when they tried to get on this site earlier?
I did from my home computer. It was fine at work (where I am now).

Lisa

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#47117 10/10/07 06:02 AM
Columnist
Columnist
I'm really liking where this story is going. And now Lois and Clark are going to live together! Well not really 'together' but at least now Lois will be able to see Clark in a more personal setting, thereby drawing them closer! (right?)

I really want to see more of Lisa though. Do we get to see her and Clark/Superman meet in the next chapter? I hope so!!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to more.

#47118 10/10/07 06:31 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
This story continues swimmingly. I'm anxiously awaiting when Superman begins to interact with Lisa. I also really liked the narration of what her high school is like. It is like a jungle, huh? I think kids are so cruel in their interactions with each other especially in high school. These days the environment seems even more rough.

That's a provocative theme in and out of itself. I was thinking to how the teachers tended to like her more when she was assertive and that sends me to unrelated thoughts about different styles of learning and how some kids that learn through more independent (processing the material themselves out of reluctance to put themselves out there in class) means tend to be left behind.

I ADORE stories that make me think! notworthy

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
#47119 10/10/07 09:12 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Shayne, I really need to be studying but I saw this story and had to comment.

Damn Clark for not telling Lois the truth! But Lisa is going to figure it out. I like this. Keep it coming!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#47120 10/10/07 04:23 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice chapter. things are moving in a positive direction. I was surprised he lied about the cancer to humans but I expect he had no choice. I can't imagine his secret going on too long with her. he is the kids father and she needs to know the real him. looking forward to more. laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#47121 10/10/07 06:15 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Better post quickly while I can access the boards!

I love this story. That was a great portrait of Lisa and a chilling description of the world many kids share with their peers - oops, make that not peers, but other kids their own age:

Status was king at Lisa’s school. The richer kids taunted the poorer. The beautiful kids made fun of the ugly. The weak were left in the dust socially.
This is so awfully true.

The bracelet has taught Lisa to cheat:

She felt guilty about the cheating when she didn’t have the bracelet. Normally she would never do anything like look through the teacher’s desk at the answer sheet.
Normally she wouldn't do this, but now she will, and does. frown

And she is colder and more selfish:

The story about Katie was untrue, of course. Her boyfriend had made it up in front of his friends. Lisa had heard the whole thing. It wasn’t her concern, even if normally she’d have tried to defend the girl.
She didn't defend the girl who was the target of malevolent slander. frown

The worst thing is perhaps that the teachers like this new version of Lisa:

Teachers loved the more confident version of her. Normally the last one to raise her hand in class, she was more assertive now, and they were complimentary.
But Lois is still able to take the bracelet away from Lisa:

Lisa was sullenly giving the bracelet to her mother. At least Lois still had that much hold on her. If it hadn’t occurred to Lisa before, it would soon that Lois no longer had the ability to force her to do anything.
I think Lisa already knows that Lois can't force her into doing anything. But I also think that Lisa knows that Lois has done her very best to be a good mother to her. And I also firmly believe that if you have been a reasonably good parent, your kids will probably give you the benefit of the doubt and obey you when you tell them that they must.

Of course, if Lois had tried to reason with Lisa and had lectured her on how dangerous the bracelet was, that tactic could have backfired rather badly. Lisa could easily have retorted that she needed the bracelet and Lois was in no position to argue that she mustn't have it, because she - Lois - had no idea what it was like to be Lisa. And Lisa would be absolutely right about that.

By the way, did Lisa really set fire to those classrooms? And if so, did she do it in a fit of anger?

He needed to meet her as Superman sooner than later.
Absolutely! Superman is the one who can make Lisa see the error of her bracelet-ways, because he is the one who understands not only how she needs it, but also how it will destroy her. Of course, if Superman is going to make Lisa behave nicely, he'd better start shaping up Clark Kent, too!

And Lois and Lisa are going to live with Clark? That's a good idea. I like it.

As he removed his hand from her shoulder, Lois realized that it still tingled where he’d touched her.

She felt an old, forgotten feeling in the pit of her stomach, one that she’d been sublimating for years. The last time she’d felt it had meant an unending amount of trouble for her. Lois had a feeling that this time wasn’t going to be any better.

She was attracted to him.

Crap.
Crap! Very PG. (Well, I expected her to say 'damn' or something.) Anyway, I love that Lois is still attracted to Superman. Now Clark only has to confess that he is Superman and then he has to start turning himself into Mr. Nice Guy. So bring on part 10, Shayne, because I can hardly wait to see where you are taking this!
hyper

Ann

#47122 10/14/07 05:43 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Shayne? I need part ten of this... please?

Ann

#47123 10/14/07 09:36 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, part 10, please! grovel

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#47124 10/19/07 06:06 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
She was attracted to him.

Crap.
hehehe thumbsup thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard