Print Thread
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Laura, that was lovely!

You know, it didn't really hurt too much unless he breathed.
Well, what an opening of this fic!!!

He could manage this kind of pain, because really, he was Superman.
Wow!!!

Tough and brawny, he shouldn't be undone by the small and fiery Lois Lane. But she really was an expert at that sort of thing. That whole dagger-to-the-heart kind of thing.
What? What? What has she done to him?

(Has she told him that she loves him like a brother all over again?)

He gritted his teeth and told his heart to shut up and concentrate. As the mental torture subsided to dull throb, he finally focused his eyes on the paper in front of him.

Lois turned a couple seconds later and then, suddenly, without warning, before even Superman could erect his stone-steel-titanium-diamond defenses, she did it again.
What is she doing to him???

She was reaching over to run her fingers over his cheek, but that wasn't it. That, at least he was used to. They had an oddly physical, platonic relationship. Not that he was complaining.
It could have been worse, Clark! goofy

Okay, it felt wonderful and his mind automatically came up with and rejected about fifty thousand possible reasons why something would have possessed her to touch his face. (He had forgotten to shave? He was slowly turning an alien green? She wanted to slap him?)
He was slowly turning an alien green... you are killing me, Laura!!! rotflol

Well that was it. The last straw. She had done it too many times and he simply couldn't cope with it any longer.

“Clark?”

His eyes must have taken on a maniac gleam that mirrored his lunatic thought process, because she was staring at him like he had started spouting off the Declaration of Independence in Mandarin Chinese.
What is he going to do??? eek

“Clar- Oomf!”' Her words were quickly cut off by Clark's mouth as he grasped her shoulders and pulled her toward him. And then they were kissing, rough, hard, and fast.

Perry White and Jimmy Olsen, seated at the opposite end of the table looked up, slack jawed. The sandwich in Jimmy's listless hand dripped a steady stream of mustard down his palm, but he didn't even notice.

When Clark finally released her, Lois was torn between kicking him in the groin and telling him she'd do anything for a repeat performance. She compromised with a rough “what the hell did you do that for” which didn't actually sound quite as menacing as she had intended.
<slapping my knees, ROTFLMAO>

Clark shrugged, adjusting his glasses and blinking owlishly. &#8220;You did it too many times; I wasn't ready.&#8221;
What? What?

&#8220;Ready? What are you talking about you green horn, spastic&#8230;&#8221; Her tirade was cut off by his hangdog look. She continued in a softer voice. &#8220;naïve, presumptuous, sweet, charming, insufferable&#8230;excuse for mankind?&#8221;
Love how she amends the degrading adjectives she used to describe him into something much sweeter!

Clark grinned widely at her description of him and raised his shoulders again in a martyr's shrug.

&#8220;You smiled at me.&#8221;
She smiled at him!!! What awful torture! rotflol

And what an adorable fic, Laura!!!

Ann

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh, Laura! This is so goshdarn adorable! It brightened up my whole morning, which would otherwise have been very sick and blue. rotflol And infected me with an nfic plot bunny into the bargain. thud

You're officially my muse. laugh

"You smiled at me"
Awww! *melts into puddle of pink goo*

I can definitely think which part I want to rewind.
laugh

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
Kerth
Kerth
I loved this!!!! Go get her, Clark! laugh The image of Jimmy's half-eaten, mustard-dripping sandwich was priceless. rotflol

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This was just wonderful. < big waffy sigh>
clap clap clap clap clap

Just because she smiled at him one to many times. . . rotflol

Vonceil

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Laura - that was adorable. Put a big dopey grin on my face this morning.

Seeing as how I'm a video game girl at heart (only a few, mind you) I loved those references. Yeah, darn her, couldn't she give him time to find a shield and put it on before she hurled another missile aimed straight for his heart. LOLS!

And what was that missile? A smile!!! ROTFLOL! Hilarious.

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
AAAWWWWWWWWW! That was too sweet. smile

I am so glad that Clark didn't have time to prepare. Made a much nicer, amusing ending.

I would love to read more!

Natascha

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, you hooked me with the title, Laura. It was so intriguing, I had to read on...and I'm so glad I did!

This was just totally adorable! I loved his thoughts and that last line payoff left me with a huge grin on my face.

WAFFy, funny, sweet...wonderful!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Columnist
Columnist
That ending line was priceless! Such an adorable, sweet, and humorous fic.

Thanks for sharing!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi guys! I was so excited to see the feedback for this shorter than short, silly story.

Ann-- Thanks for being so quick to start the feedback folder. I hardly had time to refresh spastically.

Well, what an opening of this fic!!!
Actually, I should have mentioned this in the opening of the story, but I sat down with that line in my head and wrote it out. I didn't really have a set storyline at all. I was as clueless as your guys as to what Lois was doing to kill Clark until nearly 3/4 of the way there!

Hasini! You changed your profile picture! Yes, that was the first thought that came in my head when I saw your too kind feedback. I like it! But anyway, being your muse? Giving you idea for nfic???? If the job description means I get to write silly things like this and then read stellar works from you, sign me up! I hearby declare my acceptance of this prestigious position. wink

Hi Groobie and Vonceil! Thanks!

DJ! Ahh thanks. I'm glad you liked it. I'm usually pretty video game illiterate, but I loooooved playing the old James Bond Nintendo 64 game with my brothers. We'd play for hours and I'd whine when they would shoot me when I didn't have a gun. Thankfully I have rather sweet brothers who didn't mind following my little character around as I hunted for ammo. smile

Hi Natascha! Thanks!

LabRat! I can't believe you read this! I feel like I should celebrate. I'm glad you liked the title. Titles are usually my downfall and bitter enemy so this... this is good. smile

Thanks symbolicangel! Glad you liked the ending. I was hoping it wasn't too corny.

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
DJ! Ahh thanks. I'm glad you liked it. I'm usually pretty video game illiterate, but I loooooved playing the old James Bond Nintendo 64 game with my brothers. We'd play for hours and I'd whine when they would shoot me when I didn't have a gun. Thankfully I have rather sweet brothers who didn't mind following my little character around as I hunted for ammo. [Smile]
OMG - NO WAY!!! Goldeneye??? I used to play that game too!!! For hours and hours with my hubby and his friends and my younger sister - LOL!!! Too funny. So who did you usually play as? I was usually always Natasia (can't hardly pronounce her last name - no less spell it) or sometimes I played Xenya Onatop (I *know* I butchered that whole name <snort>)

That's too funny. But yeah, great story. <g>

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Top Banana
Top Banana
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DJ! Ahh thanks. I'm glad you liked it. I'm usually pretty video game illiterate, but I loooooved playing the old James Bond Nintendo 64 game with my brothers. We'd play for hours and I'd whine when they would shoot me when I didn't have a gun. Thankfully I have rather sweet brothers who didn't mind following my little character around as I hunted for ammo. [Smile]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG - NO WAY!!! Goldeneye??? I used to play that game too!!! For hours and hours with my hubby and his friends and my younger sister - LOL!!! Too funny. So who did you usually play as? I was usually always Natasia (can't hardly pronounce her last name - no less spell it) or sometimes I played Xenya Onatop (I *know* I butchered that whole name <snort>)

That's too funny. But yeah, great story. <g>
Yes way!!! I love that game! I was either Xenia... or yes, however you spell it, or one of the question mark people. I just liked that you didn't know what you'd look like until you started the level! Oh man. I love that game. I should see if my brothers would be up for a rematch the next time they're over... haha thanks DJ. laugh Good memories.

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Actually, I should have mentioned this in the opening of the story, but I sat down with that line in my head and wrote it out. I didn't really have a set storyline at all. I was as clueless as your guys as to what Lois was doing to kill Clark until nearly 3/4 of the way there!
That's hilarious, since I knew right away what she was doing to him. The line about the postman synched it for me. (Did I spell that right? <Shrug> Whatever!)

Great way to end the day. I hate to log off with so many fics unread, but sleep is important or I get grumpy and yell at my kids.

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This was just what I needed this afternoon! I'm so sorry I didn't get around it sooner...

He was just an ordinary man with good hearing and a decent bench press.
Decent? rotflol Sure, I guess it's *decent* to bench-press locomotives...

It sat stoically and innocuously, a traitorous muffin.
OMG, that is beyond hilarious!!

Wonderful little story - it made me smile, too. I turned and looked at Clark on the poster (I have two actually, here), but sadly enough he didn't jump out and kiss me.

oh, woe is me... *giggles*

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard