Next Thread
Print Thread
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Wendy - while I don't recognize the flying beasts or anything like that, I do recognize evilness when I see it and this is evilness.

I wonder why CK can't communicate with AltCK telepathically. Probably because it would be too easy if he could smile .

So now, how is Tank going to get Lois back? I may not have been around for the last I don't know how many of these, but I do remember that the challenger must have a solution of some sort in mind.

For the life of me, I have no idea what it could be.

So - Tank? Where are you?!

Come fix this!
Carol

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Rose! Nooooooo! Er, I mean ... Lois!

Wendy, you are pure evil. I can't believe you're asking Tank to figure out how to get Lois back into her own universe without causing them both to collapse.

Glad it's not me.

However, I enjoyed the set up. Poor Alt-Clark, stuck with a Lois that isn't his ... again. Although, maybe Lois can figure out what happened to Alt-Lois while she's there. We can only hope that Tank will give both Clarks a happy ending.

I'm glad to see a new T& W challenge. We always benefit from your nasty set-ups, in the form of a brilliant new LnC fic.

BJ

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
YIPPEE! A Tank & Wendy Challenge! I was just missing those. (Although I tend to like anything either one of you writes, whether it's a challenge or not.

Great story, too! You blend just the right mix of evil, WAFF and angst.

I can just imagine where Tank's going to go with this. Step one, cut Lois' hair. Step two, find a way to send her home.

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
hyper

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hear, hear DJ. jawdrop Is the only reaction I can think of. TANK! We neeeeed you!!! Come back here and help Lois! Awesome start, Wendy! I was so psyched when I saw a new Tank and Wendy challenge!

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Holy crap, W! Does Tank follow DW and know just how impossible this is to fix?! eek

Don't have time for detailed feedback, but I did want to let you know I read... and enjoyed... and fretted. laugh Oh, and my favorite line:

And no more encounters with a Lois Lane who was someone else’s wife for a Clark from a universe without a Lois. No wonder he was looking relieved.
Awesome line! So telling. *runs off with Alt-Clark for her own*

Looking forward to Tank's fix!

Sara smile

P.S. Were those dragony things from Father's Day?

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Typical of Wendy's evilness. Not only does she provide us with one of her malevolent story set-ups, but she does so when I'm not around.

I've just gotten back from a long weekend of putting on our fall convention. It was a great success even with the unatural heat we had on Saturday and Sunday. (Of course, the last two days have been rainy and cold).

I left my house on Thursday morning, and didn't get home till late Monday night. I've been desparately trying to catch up with all the new story posts since then.

I just now caught up with this, so it might take a day or two, or three more to figure out what to do with this. I'm pretty tired and not really with it right now (sleep was not a priority during the convention) so I'll probably have to reread it when I'm a bit more lucid.

The one thing I'm sure of is that this is evil and I'll be hard put to come up with a satisfactory resolution.

Of course, I could just give Lois and altClark a happy ever after ending.

Tank (who figures that since this is a married Lois and Clark I won't have to worry about a haircut for Lois, it should be properly short already)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Pure evil Wendy!

I knew the first time I read the word 'permanently', what was going to happen to Lois.

So, lip smacking aliens...truly a sign of sentience, and so therefore the Clarks can't just blast the out of the sky with heat vision...

James, who strangly finds the Buffy approach to big creatures to be more final, if messy.

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
peeks back in carefully

You know, this is the first L&C story (not counting a couple of drabbles) that I've posted in at least a year and a half. Thank you all for the lovely welcome back! smile I can't see that I'll be making a habit of this, but it's really nice to see people haven't forgotten me. laugh

Anyway... BJ, you really made me laugh:
Rose! Nooooooo! Er, I mean ... Lois!
I was hoping some people would recognise the premise. Since we have an alternate universe in L&C too, I thought it would present an interesting and different challenge to Tank. wink

Sarah... impossible? The Doctor and HG Wells have things in common, too, you know: is anything ever really impossible? The Sixth Doctor, I believe, used to make a habit of going one better than Alice in Wonderland and doing six impossible things before breakfast. goofy

P.S. Were those dragony things from Father's Day?
Sort of. wink The physical description, and how they killed, definitely. Not, of course, their reason for existence.

Tank! This isn't the first time I've picked a bad time for you, and I'm sorry about that. But I'm glad your convention was a success smile Good luck with part 2!

I could just give Lois and altClark a happy ever after ending.
This sounds like a very satisfactory solution to me goofy But then, as Sara knows, I'm partial to the occasional alternate-character resolution. cool

Thank you, too, Carol, Elisabeth, DJ, Laura and James!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
A quick jump back in here to apologise for not having gotten the second part up yet. Not only have I just gotten off our convention last weekend, but I'm also still dealing with the aftermath of a broken water pipe under my house.

Really, though, the worst impediment has been the fact that I have been out of 'writer mode' for quite a while and it's been a struggle to get back in the mood.

That said, I have been working on it, and I'm about 3/4 of the way through. With a little luck I should be finished in a day or two.

Patient is a virtue... isn't it?

Tank (who is happy to participate in anything that will bring Wendy back to these boards)

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Really, though, the worst impediment has been the fact that I have been out of 'writer mode' for quite a while and it's been a struggle to get back in the mood.
That's what he says, but there's plenty of people in the Guess the Author thread that have hypothesized otherwise. And you're not allowed to say they're wrong. laugh

Elisabeth
who remembers the days of the busted pipe... although in my case it was a 15 cent washer on the back of the toilet that caused $1000 worth of damage

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Ah - we had a busted pipe... froze last winter in the nasty ice storm that left some of our area without power for 2 weeks or longer. When we first used it [it was the outside spigot], it leaked into the space between floors and then into the basement...

So far we've spent about $80 on it [new spigot, welderish stuff to put the pipes together, carpet seamer to relay the carpet - we were able to save the padding [rubber not foam] and the carpet], but still have an 8'x18" hole in the ceiling [but think we found a guy who will fix that for 100 or so].

Post soon please, Tank!

Carol [who is also happy to see Wendy around and thinks she should make it habit again smile ]

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard