Chapter Five

“You’re my worst nightmare Kent!” Lois yelled on her way to Clark’s desk.

“Gee, thanks for having me in your dreams,” he replied sarcastically.

“I said nightmares, if it were dreams it’d be Superman, he’s a real man. And by the way, you haven’t gotten any more exclusives from him, since that last time. He’s given me all of them--now why would that be?” Lois said, triumphantly.

“Because you won’t stop chasing him?” Clark said, having had enough.

“Oh, are you jealous? I told you not to mess with my news, Kent. Superman is mine”

“Are you his owner?

“I wish I was, all the exclusives from Superman have been for me, you’re never at the right place or at the right time but I am. I win. You can keep the sentimental and emotional articles you like so much and leave the action and Superman to the Planet’s best investigative reporter,” she turned around, about to walk off.

“What if I don’t?”

“Go to another city or back to your farm, there’s no place for the two of us in here.”

Clark remained speechless; his only opportunity with that woman was with his other persona, the one with superpowers. He looked down while Lois kept staring harshly at him, suddenly she got dizzy and if it wasn’t for Clark, she would have fallen

“Lois! Are you all right?” asked Clark, holding her up.

It was impossible to hate this woman, he loved her to insanity.

“Yeah, I just felt nauseous,” she answered, still confused.

“Sit down, I’ll bring you a cup of coffee and something to eat,” he tried to help her to a seat, but she wouldn’t let him.

“I don’t want anything,” she said.

“But you have to--”

“I said I don’t want anything!” she yelled, making him retreat.

“Don’t blame me for your problems, I’m just trying to help a friend,” he told her.

“First of all, I’m not your friend and second leave the help to Superman; he’s the only one who can. I’m leaving.”

Lois left, but Clark followed through a different route, determined to talk to her the only way he could.

Lois walked to her apartment; she only wanted to take a hot bath and not think about what happened. When she was about to enter, she heard the familiar ‘whoosh’ that brightened her day. Turning around she saw Superman’s dark eyes, those eyes that hypnotized her.

“Superman, what are you doing here?” she said with a smile.

“I know what happened to you at the Daily Planet, are you okay?” he asked worriedly.

“Yeah, I am now. How did you know?” she said with wonder.

“Clark told me. He was very worried, so he asked to come to make sure you were okay,” he was waited for her reaction and it was immediate.

“Oh, again Kent”, she said looking down to open her door.

“I felt you a little receptive when talking about Clark,” with his heart in his throat.

“I just don’t want to talk about him or know anything about him,” she said and he looked down.

“Well, I...I should go, take care, have something to eat and sleep well”.

Superman left so quick that Lois didn’t have time to say good bye so she began what she’d planned.

Not knowing what to do, Clark flown aimlessly through the clouds, not knowing what to do. Lois had made it very clear to both Clark and Superman that she wanted nothing to do with the first, but was hopelessly in love with the second. The problem was that they were the same person. Thinking about Lois and how impossible was to obtain her love, he landed on Smallville to see his parents. The force of his emotions was stronger than his extraordinary physical strength and he felt he needed the soothing affection of the only people who could give it to him.

He called Perry from his parent’s house and asked for a day off, needing to clear his mind and forget about Lois for a while.

In Smallville, he went fishing with his dad and helped him in the farm. At night, he went a walk. Hard as he might, it was impossible to forget the woman who had stolen and broken his heart, all at the same time. Lois Lane hated Clark Kent, while he was madly in love with her but she loved Superman, who was not other than Clark Kent with superpowers.

“Why does she hate me? Why can’t she bear the sight of me? If only I could be her friend,” he lamented.

Clark wondered what he was doing wrong. He wanted to love her, kiss her, caress her, touch her, hug her, hold her his arms but she wouldn’t let him love her. He couldn’t start a conversation with her because she would yell at him, and yet he still needed to be near her. Love her, love her...

They kissed passionately, their bodies fitting perfectly and their words lost in each other’s mouth.
Her skin was soft and warm, their lips opened and joined to explore with their tongues. She sweetly caressed his back and hair, letting out a sigh of pleasure.

“Clark, I love you” she said as Clark kissed her neck.

“I love you too Lois, I want you, I adore you, I...” he was crazy with love for her; her skin was a magnet to his lips.

“Shh... make love to me Clark, love me,” Lois was pleading desperately.

In that moment, he awakened, realizing he was lying in the grass and that it was night already. His heart raced. He had dreamed with her, dreamed he loved her and Lois had loved him back. He took his hands to his face trying to calm down and forget what happened, but it felt so real that his skin felt hot. He returned home and after taking a cold shower went to sleep, still thinking of Lois Lane.

TBC.......

EDIT: Estefi pointed out there was a paragraph missing, now's been added. My bad sorry.

Pisco and Ceviche ->100% PERUVIAN. Never doubt that.