This idea came to me as I was editing the final part of my story. I decided not to put it with the story, but CheeseoftheMonth's comment has conviced me to post it. It's not really a sequel, but more of an exstension to An Early Revelation. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it.

NUMBER 14

Lois glared at her partners across the chessboard. She had him, she was sure of it. Clark leaned over and moved his bishop four spaces diagonally, then sat back.

“Checkmate!” he crowed. “Pay up Lois!” Lois searched the board for a way out. There was none, of course. Crud. It had been a while since she had played chess, but she still thought she would be able to beat Clark. Apparently there was a lot more to her partner that meets the eye.

“How about we make it best three out of five?” she asked, adding in just a hint of girlish flirting. Clark shook his head adamantly. “Or winner takes all in the next game?”

“No way Lois. I won fair and square, now pay up!” Men were such boys, Lois grumbled to herself as she fished in her coat pocket for the twenty she knew she had stuck in there earlier in the day. Her fingers felt paper, but it wasn’t the worn, leathery texture of money. Instead, it was the sharp crackle of stationary. She brought her hand out; revealing a hastily folded note that looked fresh despite its messy appearance.

“What’s that?” Clark asked curiously. She shrugged. Who knows who could’ve put it in there? She carefully opened the note, making note of the crease marks in case it might matter later. The note was simple and short. ‘Clark Kent is Superman’ it read. Lois snorted. That theory had been soundly disproved tonight. Whoever had written it had obviously… She paused.

The note was written on her stationary that the Daily Planet had provided.

And it was written in her writing.

Suddenly, the cascade of memories was unleashed. Memories of everything that had happened before H.G. Wells had stepped in were suddenly returned to her. The aftermath of Diana’s expose, the Guardians, Wells’ explanation of why they had to change the past and… That rat! He had taken all her notes from around her desk! The next time she saw him, he was going to have to do some serious explaining.

“Lois…?” Clark was still looking at her with a concerned expression on his face. “Are you alright?” She realized that she had been quiet for a while now, just clutching her note. She nodded dazedly, and then collected herself. Making a sudden decision, she strode over to her desk, and punched in the number for Inspector Henderson.

“Henderson? This is Lois Lane. I want you to meet Clark and me by the LexChem plant with some serious back-up. You’re about to take down an extremely dangerous radical group and we’re going to get the exclusive.” Abruptly hanging up, she turned to face Clark. She bent down and kissed his supremely bemused expression tenderly. “I love you,” she said. She heard a sharp intake of breath. Then she kissed him again. Straightening up, she summoned him into action.

“We need to get up to the roof,” she told him. “You’re going to be flying us to LexChem and I want to get there before Henderson does anything.” As she dashed up to the stairwell, she muttered to herself. “I don’t care what H.G. Wells says, I am not leaving your life up to ‘the flow of time’.”

Clark shook his head, trying to make sense of what had just happened. After everything they had gone through. After all the hurt feelings and lies and… And she just went and… Wow. He could still feel the force of her kiss on his lips. How was it that his most desired dream had suddenly came true? And then that crazy speech. She wasn’t talking about H.G. Wells the dead writer was she? And what was going on at LexChem?

Wait a minute. Had she just said he would *fly* them there…?

“Lois, wait up!”