Came across this tonight and realised I'd never posted it here.

It's the last of a long sequence of 100-word Buffy / Angel / DC comics crossover Drabbles called First Contact I wrote over a year or so, ending about two years ago. Superman's only in a few of the stories, and this the only one that really stands alone. It just happens that the idea for it came from an icon I'd made even earlier, based on the Dean Cain version of Superman.

The back-story, which may not be familiar to everyone here, is that one of the characters in early episodes of Angel was Doyle, a half-demon seer who died heroically defusing a demonic disintegration weapon. To me the way he vanished looked familiar...

First Contact: Resurrection

By Marcus L. Rowland

Superman collects gadgets, trophies and oddities that have come his way, like this machine police found in an abandoned LA warehouse.

It's like a crude Phantom Zone projector, except the settings are wrong. If it is, there could be prisoners trapped there.

He sets it up in a vault, weapons ready to stop anything dangerous that might emerge, and reverses the power.

Something man-shaped materializes beside the projector, screaming as flesh forms on bone, and collapses to the floor.

The stranger shakes his head. Blue spikes appear, vanish back into his flesh. He peers at Clark and says "Any chance of a drink?"

[Linked Image]

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game