Chapter Four

That woman was driving him crazy. She wouldn’t let anyone be above her intelligence, talent, perfection and character. However, she, like the rest of the women, ignored him; on the other hand Superman was admired and idolized by all, Lois first and foremost. He did not understand how a man could be ignored and loved at the same time. Everyday at the newsroom, there were constant fights between the two of them. Clark took every chance he was given to see her and have her close, at the same time, Lois couldn’t bear that a country boy be so good at the job.

That night he couldn’t stand it anymore. A couple of hours had passed without seeing her but he felt the need to see those dark eyes. He knew the next day he’d endure humiliation from Lois, but he also knew that she would do great work. Decision made, he flew to Lois’s place determined to give an exclusive to the city’s best reporter.

Lois was writing out her thoughts in a notebook. She couldn’t stand Clark Kent, not him or his work. To even things out, Superman, the man that was so special to her, had arrived. She always tried to talk to him, touch him and get to know him. No one had ever spoken to him except for Clark.

<How has he done it? And how could Superman give him that interview?> She was thinking of this as she heard the wind pass through her window. When she looked into it, she almost thought it was a dream. The man of her life was there at the window, waiting for her permission to enter.

Superman’s voice took her back to reality. “Can...can I come in?” he asked looking into her eyes.

Lois snapped out of her trance, hypnotized by him she said “Of course, please have a seat. Would you like something to drink?”

“No thanks,” he answered politely.

”How did you find out my address?” she asked nervously.

”Well, I asked Clark,” Superman said, smiling.

“Kent?” she said with displeasure.

“Yes, I gave him an interview when I put out the building on fire”.

“Would you give me an interview?” Lois said smiling which made Clark feel in cloud nine.

“No problem,” he smiled at her, a smile that made Lois Lane, ace reporter, fall more deeply in love with him.

The next day, as soon as she arrived into the newsroom she found her rival Clark Kent, she didn’t hesitate to rub her exclusive in his face.

“Watch and learn how an interview is done,” she said, triumphantly on her way to Perry’s office.

Clark smiled, watching Lois’s satisfaction on winning the exclusive with the man of steel.

Once she was at her desk he approached her. “Congratulations! You deserve it--it’s a great interview.”

“Save yourself the congrats, Kent. This is so you have it clear who’s the best in here, now if you’ll excuse me I’m working,” said Lois without giving him a second look.

Clark froze on the spot, this woman was tough. However, the woman from the night before was sweet and endearing. <Of course she was, it was the all mighty Superman, you are not as him right now, there’s no way she’ll even look at you, not even as a friend> thought Clark, looking down.

“Why are you still here? Go to work and let me do mine,” she said defiantly.

Clark looked up, met her eyes and asked, “What you think about Superman? If you noticed he’s as tall as I am”.

“Are you kidding? Superman is completely superior to you, and when I say completely, I mean in every single way: attractiveness, height, body. In character he’s good, generous, kind, sweet, endearing; in short, he’s perfect,” said Lois with a sigh.

“Then I’m the opposite?” He asked, defeated.

“You’re getting the idea, so now get out of my sight,” Lois said, going back to her typing.

Clark went to his desk, resigned to being ignored by everyone, except his parents. He cursed his other identity, Superman, who was not ignored, but loved by the person who had stolen his heart, Lois Lane.

TBC...

Pisco and Ceviche ->100% PERUVIAN. Never doubt that.