OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

More soon, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Heh, fun stuff. smile Sweet flying scene. Good rescue scene, too -- well orchestrated on your part, and smoothly executed on Clark's part. And I loved the "deer in the headlights" look he'd get whenever he was asked about his name -- by the time Lois asked him, it was hilarious. goofy

Keep writing, Wendy! smile

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
M
Blogger
Blogger
M
Yeah! Thank you, Wendy. What Fun!

Loved the "interview" at the end. Also, Clark's reflections on his first public save -- nice touch.

Looking forward to more.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay Wendy you posted. That was a great intro to Superman. I also loved the flight with Lois. I am glad that your muse came back from vacation. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hope you had a good time in California and came back well rested!

Nice debut for Superman. Not quite as splashy as saving the colonist shuttle, but it'll do nicely especially since he saved that little girl's life.

She’d been in love before, but never like this. Never confident that the man she loved also loved her - and although Clark hadn’t said so, something told her that he did. Maybe it was the way he looked at her sometimes, when he thought she wasn’t watching; or the way, in his behaviour and in his whole manner towards her, he cherished her.
Lois didn’t care where he came from. She accepted him - maybe even loved him
All this time and I would have thought that they'd have said they loved each other.

“This is it. Your big debut!”

Struck by her suggestion, he considered the possibility. To act in his new guise, instead of trying to do what he could covertly, risking discovery... On the other hand, he wasn’t sure that he was ready to go public yet. He hadn’t planned, thought about it, psyched himself up for it...

“Think about it!” she added as he didn’t immediately respond. “You can do so much more to help if you’re not trying to make sure no-one sees you.”
She always was the brains and inspiration for the superhero. Nice to see she remains so here.

“Here goes,” he muttered anxiously, and pulled his sweatshirt over his head. Somewhere along the way, a burst of speed kicked in, and he realised that his jeans lay on the ground, along with his sneakers, and that Lois was staring at him, slackjawed.
Needs to work on a spin technique.

“What’s your name?” she asked.

He gulped and stared at her. She wasn’t supposed to ask him that.

“You have an S on your... costume,” she said, studying him and then taking some more photographs. “Since you won’t tell me your name... well, I guess I’ll just have to *give* you a name.” Again, she seemed to look thoughtful. “I know. Superman!” she announced, as if the idea had just occurred to her.

“That sounds kind of... egotistical, wouldn’t you say, Ms Lane?” he murmured, with a half-smile.
Great way for Lois to slip in Clark's new superhero name, and it allows Clark to be seen as non-egotistical.

Nice part. thumbsup Look forward to Part 29, though I'm shocked that this story didn't pick up right after part 27.5. dizzy

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay! Superman to the rescue! dance And what a debut, stopping fires and an explosion, saving people *and* that little girl. And that interview is great too. smile He hasn't said much, but Lois still has a lot to say in her (okay, their) article.

And the introspection at the start of the flight was nice too. Trust Lois to get so worked up to miss part of the flight. wink

And another yay! They're finally starting to realize they both love each other! Smoochies ahead! WooHoo!

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
So glad this was here for me to pick up! Lovely & Waffy.... I'll be back in time (hopefully) for the next wonderful section...

Sherry

Visit www.marykay.com/sfmurphy for wonderful cosmetic products and an opportunity to enrich the lives of women.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

WOW! A wonderful part! goofy

The debut of Superman is great. The details of the rescue are superbly written. clap
And Lois's interview! LOL! laugh

I'm thoroughly enjoying this and look forward to reading the next part.

Tricia cool

Top Banana
Top Banana
boffin may be an English word, but it is *not* an American one
Oops! Sorry, Wendy, I should have picked up on that one. I guess I was distracted by the delicious coincidence that MIT could mean either (M)etropolis or (M)assachusetts Institute of Technology.

Yvonne

Features Writer
Features Writer
Wendy
welcome back - Hope you had a wonderful vacation.
great part
can't wait for more
soon please
merry

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Wendy, you were in California??? And you didn't stop by Phoenix to visit me??? grumble (okay, enough guilt wink )

This was wonderful! I loved everything - the way both of them daydreamed about being in love with each other, although, in typical Wendy fashion, :p neither is yet aware of exactly how the other feels.

Loved how he changed his clothes, how well he performed for the first time as Superman, his panic when Lois asked him questions that caught him off guard (although I'm not sure WHY he was so surprised by them - he IS a reporter! wink ), etc.

Hope to see part 29 showing up sometime soon... smile

Vicki (who is in the middle of a space war for offices and can't write more at the moment)

The world is made up of three kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Yay, WLMC is back laugh . Great part, Wendy. I love how Superman is finally in action! I loved the part with the trapped little girl. And LOL to Clark's thinking 'Superman' sounds egotistical.

- Alicia smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Terrific debut! And LOL to his stage fright!

More soon, please.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
That's the way Superman should have made his debut. He was able to show his different powers in a variety of ways and was extremely helpful. He kept reiterating that he was "a friend" which should appease many of the people around him.

Lois was a great reporter, speaking to Clark as well as the witnesses and the rescue people.

Great section.
More is in order.

gerry

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ysy! WLMC is back!! hyper

Loved Superman's debut and Lois secretly gloating in the background - just like cat who swallowed the canary. laugh

So what's next?

More soon!!

Missy

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Okay, so now we have Superman gone public, Lois and Clark have a nice flight, and the exclusive for the Planet is coming out in the morning edition.

Ho Hum... wink

When is something bad, er, I mean interesting going to happen.

Wendy, everything is too pleasant, and going way too smoothly. Are you ill? Where is the evil Wendy that we all know and love so well.

IT'S TIME FOR THE BIG WHAM!

Tank (who is surprized that he has to remind Wendy of these things)

Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm back from an almost three-weeks long in hot and beautiful (but hot! goofy ) Italy and I'm finally caught up on this wonderful story. smile

I've loved every bit so far, and this one is no exception. So Superman made his big debut! You know, I'm not usually a fan of Superman-action scenes but this one was so enthralling that my eyes didn't waver from it once! thumbsup

Now, get Lois and Clark alone for some well-deserved smoochies-time! Yes, you know, Wendy, the smoochies you're supposed to be scribbling on boxes right now. Right. It starts on box B-24 and continues at the back of box T-146. Now type it all back on your computer screen. Right. Now, dcc to Kaethel. Goooooood. Excellent. Happy now. smile

Kaethel (glad to be back! hyper )

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm late again! frown Sorry, guys. For some reason, my writing slowed dramatically somewhere in this story, and I've been having difficulty getting it going again. The good news (well, I hope it's good news! wink ) is that in the last few days inspiration and motivation have really been flowing, so I hope to be able to keep to a schedule from now on.

Part 29 is currently with my loyal and long-suffering beta-reader. However, she has a very busy schedule this week and doesn't expect to be able to get to it for a few days. So... daring, this goofy ...I'm going to post the unBRed section. You'll have to bear with me in that case!

Now, on to part 28. I was a bit worried about that first big Superman action scene, and I'm delighted that you all seemed to think it worked!! Thank you so much. Especially Gerry, who really made me blush:

That's the way Superman should have made his debut. He was able to show his different powers in a variety of ways and was extremely helpful. He kept reiterating that he was "a friend" which should appease many of the people around him.
And Pam:
Heh, fun stuff. Sweet flying scene. Good rescue scene, too -- well orchestrated on your part, and smoothly executed on Clark's part. And I loved the "deer in the headlights" look he'd get whenever he was asked about his name -- by the time Lois asked him, it was hilarious. But she did get "Superman" out there in public, so the follow-up in the Daily Planet tomorrow should set them up nicely.
Thank you too! And for the 'boffins' catch; geeks it became. <g> And Yvonne, there is no way that you could have been expected to catch that!

Vicki - hope you won your space war! wink - glad you liked this:
Loved how he changed his clothes
I had a lot of fun with that, as Yvonne knows! Oh, and as for them being in love and not admitting it yet... more to come. <g>

Kaethel, thank you so much! I was amazed that you spent your precious holiday time wading through this! And you flatter me too much!

Now, get Lois and Clark alone for some well-deserved smoochies-time! Yes, you know, Wendy, the smoochies you're supposed to be scribbling on boxes right now. Right. It starts on box B-24 and continues at the back of box T-146. Now type it all back on your computer screen. Right. Now, dcc to Kaethel. Goooooood. Excellent. Happy now.
ROFL!! rotflol Nope, nothing got written on boxes; there's not a lot of spare time, let alone inspiration, for writing when one is moving house! <g> But now that we're all moved... well, you never know. But why a box when a PC screen is so much more practical? <g>

Tank said (not surprisingly):
Wendy, everything is too pleasant, and going way too smoothly. Are you ill? Where is the evil Wendy that we all know and love so well.

IT'S TIME FOR THE BIG WHAM!
Is it? Well... all I can say is don't hold your breath... too long. wink On the other hand, you never know!

Thanks again, Maria, Pam, Martha, Laura, Roger, Saskia, Sherry, Tricia, Yvonne, Merry, Vicki, Alicia, Nan, Gerry, Missy, Tank and Kaethel. More soon!!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard