Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
party This is wonderful. Delightful.

Framework4
Kerth
Kerth
Wow! This was really great! Bossy Ellen (good choice to use the season 3 version...I barely register the season 1 version) was written very in character. The tension within Clark was palpable...trying to be a good person even though he regrets having to do it. The silent communication between the two was wonderful, but ultimately, I'm happy that Lois makes the choice to jump into the elevator, making the first bold move. Then Clark shows his own level of maturity in sharing his secret. I really enjoyed this story. Fabulous! thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very nice! I love that Clark made a split second decision to tell Lois his secret. Well done!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh Loved it! Thanks! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay! You posted. smile

I can only hope she is smart enough not to sign such a stupid form saying that she will foreswear any money when they get divorced. But Lois has always been a smart kid.”
Baha. WHEN they get divorced. Such support from Mother dearest.

“Lex, I…” Lois muttered uneasily, trying to evade his grip, but he wouldn’t let her go.

The muscles of Clark’s jaw tensed as he continued watching Luthor, ready to throw him at the other side of his penthouse if he dared to hurt Lois.
Ohhhh. I love, love, LOVE Jealous!Clark

“Clark,” she breathed and for a moment he thought she would leave it at that. The simple word – his name – seemed to tell him more than anything else she could have said. It conveyed that she missed him, that she forgave him for being the idiot he had been. It meant that she trusted him, needed him. Her saying his name was like a gentle caress that touched not his surface but his heart, embraced and warmed it with a force that Clark wouldn’t have thought possible.
Aww! I loved this.

What a fantastic story. smile I just loved the whole ending. Wish HoL had really ended like that. smile

Thank you!

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Top Banana
Top Banana
This was lovely, Bakasi. :)Totally not what I had in mind when I gave the prompts, but by now, I don't even remember what I had been thinking of. So this was a nice surprise.

I absolutely don't mind you having used S3 Ellen Lane. In fact, when I think about her, she's Ellen from S3 and onward. And you nailed her down perfectly. I love her rants about marriage and men. Poor Clark for having to listen to it all. <g>

But what I like best about the story is that both Lois and Clark are bold enough to take a step forward and trust the other again. Lois by stepping in that elevator and leaving with Clark. Clark by choosing to take Lois with him while he has to perform a rescue. So nice revelation. smile

Thank you for writing this. goofy

Saskia smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Wow, thanks for all that nice feedback! I'm glad you liked this piece!

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
What a lovely story, Barbara!

I really like that you made Ellen Lane an older version of Mad Dog Babbling Brook Lane, although angrier and more frustrated.

&#8220;Oh, no I won't!&#8221; Clark said in a voice that would have scared the boldest thug.

It did nothing to intimidate Ellen Lane, and he seriously doubted that wearing the Suit would have done anything to increase his chances. Clark wondered not for the first time that day what he was doing there anyway. It was downright ridiculous to consider Superman being dragged somewhere he didn't want to go, least of all by a woman who barely came up to his shoulders. Yet, this was what was happening.
You really had me laughing with this!

&#8220;Where is that fiancé of yours?&#8221; Ellen asked curiously and looked around as if she expected to find Luthor hidden underneath one of the expensive Ming vases.

&#8220;He's&#8230; he's busy,&#8221; Lois replied with a hint of anger in her voice. &#8220;He is doing some series *K*, which he refuses to tell me about.&#8221;
Gaaaaahh! We understand too well what he is doing!

< Please don't go, > a faintly whispering voice asked.

Clark blinked and wondered if wishful thinking had made him hallucinate. Had that been Lois? He searched her face for any indication that she had indeed asked him to stay. And really, her eyes seemed to convey a silent plea for him not to leave her alone with Luthor and her mother.
I love that! Lois asked Clark to please not leave her with Luthor.

In a second, she was with him. Inexplicably, Lois had managed to join him before the elevator doors had closed completely. And before anything could stop it, the elevator was on its way down, despite Luthor's angry yells. But Clark was too confused to waste a thought on Luthor. He stared at Lois. Her dark brown eyes, the almost longing expression in them as she was looking at him, made her all the more beautiful, irresistible. Clark couldn't have been angry at her if he had wanted to.

&#8220;Clark,&#8221; she breathed and for a moment he thought she would leave it at that. The simple word &#8211; his name &#8211; seemed to tell him more than anything else she could have said. It conveyed that she missed him, that she forgave him for being the idiot he had been. It meant that she trusted him, needed him. Her saying his name was like a gentle caress that touched not his surface but his heart, embraced and warmed it with a force that Clark wouldn't have thought possible.
And this is just wonderful! She left with Clark!!! sloppy

They were on the streets and Clark still didn't slow down. He looked around as if he was searching for something. Lois would have cursed him if she had had enough breath for it. Her feet were killing her for she was wearing high heels. Clark could have warned her that she'd need to run today. She made a mental note to wear sneakers the next time she was around Clark. Finally, he dragged her into a lonesome alley.

&#8220;Lois, I'm sorry. I had hoped to tell you this in a better moment than this,&#8221; Clark apologized before he became a whirl of colours. &#8220;I love you,&#8221; he said as he picked her up and took off into the sky of Metropolis.
And instead of running out on her, he took her with him! Awww, Barbara, that was just lovely! What a delightful vignette you posted for us! sloppy

Ann

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Superb.

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
laugh Excellent!

I'm glad you used Ellen from S3, she's definitely a lot more interesting than the 1st one was. wink And funnier, although I'm sure she doesn't mean it. *lol*

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Top Banana
Top Banana
I really enjoyed this fic. ^_^ I'm just now getting around to reading it. Although... I would love to see the scene where you see an angry Lex who has just watched Lois jump on that elevator having to face Ellen Lane all by himself. lol

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard