Next Thread
Print Thread
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
I'm quite intrigued by this! I can't wait to see where you take it.

I know it's Lois' story - or it seems to be at this point - but I would love to see CK's side of things. I know he can be a lunkhead, but he seemed to be in extra fine form here. I have a bit of a hard time with him being quite so... callous? or something without seeing what's going on in his head. He seemed... almost stuck in the past or something. Something I'd expect from an S2 maybe CK not someone who, in theory, should have continued to grow up and so on. I know it's easy for parents to grow apart when it's 'all about the kids' for too long, but still... it seems as bit off.

I don't want you to think that I'm not enjoying it, I'm still quite taken in, but would like to see his side of all of this. I'd say a companion piece of some sort [you know a her story, his story thing] but since this obviously isn't finished, maybe part two as his version of the same story or.... something... to show us WHY he's like he is.

Any idea when we'll see part 2? smile
Carol

Top Banana
Top Banana
Nicely done! I love what pasta does to Clark. Maybe pasta could have been their fertility drug earlier on! rotflol

Why couldn't Lois give it up? She's fifty for God's sake, and about to have a baby. Ad I can't believe that Clark let her go...divorce...especially under the circumstances. I guess he got some build up, huh?

I'd like to see where you take this.

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Ah gaaaah. I had written quite a bit of feedback on this, and then suddenly it all disappeared! And I don't have time to re-write all or even most of it.

But I really, really, really like this!

It's so interesting to see what marriage and children would do to Lois and Clark. I agree that it makes sense that Lois would give up her reporting and work from home, whereas Clark simply couldn't be Superman from home! So it's no wonder that Lois gives up her reporting when she has had children, and I agree that she wouldn't regret her decision, either. For all of that, she might have wished that it would have been possible for her to keep working as a reporter, but since it wasn't, she wouldn't regret giving it up. Still... that would make her marriage ever so slightly stifling to her.

So it's absolutely not surprising that she would want to return to reporting when her children had grown up. I really didn't like Clark's reaction to her decision:

“Lois!” Uh oh. Clark did not sound happy. He burst into the bathroom, splintering the door since he did not bother to turn the knob.

“Exactly what is going on? Since when do I find out from office gossip that my wife quit her job?”

“I didn't exactly quit my job.”

“Oh? So you are still editor of the Daily Planet?”

“I'm still working for the Daily Planet.”

“Don't you think you owed it to me to discuss it with me?”
Did she owe it to Clark to discuss going back to reporting before actually doing it? Okay, had she tried discussing it with him?

“You have backup for this statement, Clark?” Lois questioned.

“Of course I do, Lois. Who's the journalist here?” he teased her.

It hurt.

“I was a journalist.”

Clark seemed to realize that he had hurt her feelings. “You were the best, Sweetie.”

“ I was, wasn't I? Clark. . .”

“Yes?”

“What would you think about me becoming-”

He got that look on his face. “Got to go, Lois,” he said pulling at his tie, bussing her cheek with a kiss as he sped form the room.

“Yeah, thanks for listening, Clark,” she muttered.
:rolleyes:

“Clark, I've been thinking. Now that the kids are settled, I'd like to start reporting again.”

“Really? I thought you liked your job. You do such a good job.” Clark brushed her hand with his thumb.

“I do like my job-”

“In fact, I think you do a great job.”

“Well, I wouldn't-”

“But there is something that you do even better.”

“Yes! I'm so glad you understand-”

Clark's hand slipped beneath her blouse and fondled her breast. “Much better.”
She never tried discussing it with you, Clark?

Anyway, it's not as if she needs to get his permission to be a reporter again!

I can sympathize with Clark for objecting to the idea of Lois going to Irrat. Really. That was stupid of her. And because of that, she had to be saved by Superman again. :rolleyes:

Lois wasn't blameless here, but all things considered I can sympathize with her for wanting a divorce, when Clark became just too controlling. Of course I want them to get back together later, however!

I really liked the fact that Clark was always so turned on by Lois. That was sweet. So they had to make love even though they were divorced. sad

I just loved the fact that Lois apparently got pregnant from her night out of wedlock with Clark! And she is almost fifty! Well, it can happen. But now I'm so interested in finding out what will happen when Clark finds out that Lois is pregnant!

Ann

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I like your story. I'd like to see where it goes. But I feel like I've been reading it on fast forward. I would have liked to pause a bit more here and there to linger in the emotion of each moment.

Thanks for writing.

Elisabeth

rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
See this is why ya'll should help me finish this story.
I would love to see CK's side of things. I know he can be a lunkhead, but he seemed to be in extra fine form here. I have a bit of a hard time with him being quite so... callous? or something without seeing what's going on in his head. He seemed... almost stuck in the past or something. Something I'd expect from an S2 maybe CK not someone who, in theory, should have continued to grow up and so on. I know it's easy for parents to grow apart when it's 'all about the kids' for too long, but still... it seems as bit off.
Exactly- so what IS his problem?

Why couldn't Lois give it up? She's fifty for God's sake, and about to have a baby. And I can't believe that Clark let her go...divorce...especially under the circumstances.
Hormones? Mid-life crisis on BOTH their parts?

It's so interesting to see what marriage and children would do to Lois and Clark. I agree that it makes sense that Lois would give up her reporting and work from home, whereas Clark simply couldn't be Superman from home! So it's no wonder that Lois gives up her reporting when she has had children, and I agree that she wouldn't regret her decision, either. For all of that, she might have wished that it would have been possible for her to keep working as a reporter, but since it wasn't, she wouldn't regret giving it up. Still... that would make her marriage ever so slightly stifling to her.
Ann, you really get this story. So give me some ideas, huh?

I like your story. I'd like to see where it goes. But I feel like I've been reading it on fast forward. I would have liked to pause a bit more here and there to linger in the emotion of each moment.
I'd like to flesh it out some, but I also wanted to keep it short because i can't afford the time for it to take over my life as these stories have a tendency to do.

To all- There is more written if you want to see it, but it is open to a lot of changes. Lois telling Clark, them telling their family- it's interesting but I'm not opposed to having it re-done. So do you want to see part2?

thanks!

rkn

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard