Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
“I wish I could touch you Lois.”

“You can Clark. With your words.”
I always loved this dialogue in the show. I'm so glad you found a way to use it here.
Let me just say I LOVE this story. It's so angsty and I think all your ideas with the Kryptonite are so creative. Many of those I had never heard of.
Keep it coming! I'm really enjoying this story! dance

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Yeeeeahh!!!! The B-plot is back!

“That's great Clark! Soon we'll be getting out of here!”

“How?”

“I'll think of something. And if I don't, you will.” Lois' face was set with determination. That look of pig-headed optimism reminded Clark once again of how much he loved her.
How sweet! I love it. razz frown

“And I'll make it up to you Lois, I promise. When this is all over-”

“When what is over Clark? When we nab the Guardians? When the media attention dies down?” Her eyes blazed at him. “Because you know that there's just going to be another group that could take their place. And the media are never going to leave you completely alone Clark. It's never going to be all over so you need to say what you want to say now and do what you want to do now.”
Yes!!! You tell him, Lois! You are so right!

“I wish I could touch you Lois.”

“You can Clark. With your words.”
I agree with Stepnachia. That's really so sweet!

“I love you Lois Lane. More than I ever could've hoped possible.” Drawing strength from her gaze, he continued. “When Diana Stride first aired her program I thought my life was over. I thought that whatever relationship we had would die when you saw that I had lied to you about all those important things. But you were…amazing. You stuck by me. You supported me even when I didn't support you. I was off trying to be Superman and Clark Kent all at the same time; trying to hold my life together and trying to keep the people I care about safe. You stayed beside me and showed me a love that was more compassionate and understanding and perfect than I could ever think of. I want to show you that love Lois. You deserve that and so much more than I could ever give you.” Slowly, the use of his limbs was returning to him. Clumsily, he stroked the hand that he held in his. Her eyes sparkled with tears. The good kind.
So sweet... <sniffle>

&#8220;Clark, you have shown me that love. Every time you get me my coffee in the morning, and every time you smile at me in that special way. Every time you listen to me go off on one of my rants, never criticizing, always accepting. You show me that love in the way that you understand me as no one else does and the way that I can trust you like no one else. It's all the little things and all the big things you've done for me in all the time we've known each other that I see your love.&#8221; She bent down and kissed him gently.
Aaaawww....

Lois snuggled beside him on that cold floor and Clark listened to the sound of her breathing. In. Out. In. Out.
Eh.... hmmm, forgive me for my dirty mind, but this reminds me of something.... blush

Okay, the rest of it is mostly A-plot, but then Jimmy turns up to save the day!

Yes! I love the return of the B-plot. Please give us even more B-plot in the next part!

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
Oh Ann! blush blush blush

I didn't even think of that until you told me!!! But you're so right. Ah! How embarrasing!

But thanks for all your great comments.

Stephnachia, I'm glad you liked my bit of blatant plagerism. wink I had such a hard time making this scene work until I slipped in that bit of dialogue, then it all fell into place. My thanks go out to the L&C writers who first coined that little exchange!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard