Page 1 of 2 1 2
#46464 09/25/07 02:25 AM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
I can never think of anything witty to go in the title of these things so if anyone else has something let me know and I'll change it wink .

Loved this. Hate that Lois is shutting Clark out but I can understand why. I'm sticking with it really is Clark and not a clone and that there's Red K about [in the sedan?]. It would be nice to be 'in' Clark's head during one of his blackouts but that would probably ruin the suspense.

Something... was... something when he was at the bank robbery. He was himself, then he wasn't, then he was or something like that. He saw Lois and it was like he was trying to remember her or something or somehow knew something. Okay, someone may have to take away my 'writer' status after that, but hey, it's early[ish] and I didn't get much sleep last night.

I think Clark needs to take all the supersuits to Kansas for the time being and Superman needs to disappear until they can explain it all.

And Lois needs to realize that Lex is a fink. Maybe Bobby [love him!] can help with that because she's sure not going to listen to Clark!

So next part will be up... later today?
Carol

#46465 09/25/07 06:17 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay!!! A new part! ^_^

There were so many times he’d had to run off and play Superman, leaving her waiting for him with nothing but a lousy excuse for an explanation.
Well you certainly can’t blame her. I think anyone would be upset over that. Especially if it was a co-worker as well as a friend.

“Okay. I’ll see what I can dig up on my end and come by your apartment later tonight. We can compare notes.”
He does irritate me sometimes with the way he shrugs it off too. I mean he could try a bit harder than that to make it up to her. I know he has other things on his mind but as much of a boy scout as he is… you would think he would feel a bit worse about how he treats her sometime and go out of his way to try and make it right instead of pushing things like it everything was normal.

“You said yourself that Superman needs our help and you’re gonna run off and go on a date? Wow. I never thought I’d see the day that you’d put Luthor before Superman.”
Ouch! Wow… see this in itself is enough reason for Lois to be mad at Clark for never telling her. (Why am I so mad at Clark all of a sudden? LOL) All she has wanted to do all day long was help him and while I know he has had big issues going on he needs to stop focusing on himself because all his reactions are all about him. frown

But somehow, ‘Clark’ always seemed to get left out of the equation.
Gee… after the way you have acted to her today what do you expect???

“Ah, but you didn’t. And since you and the pretentious playboy billionaire have gotten so close, lately, I was afraid you might not have seen the forest for the one big tree.”
Well at least someone besides Clark is saying it. He may have irritated me in the first part but he did get that part about Lex right…

The nerve of this guy trying to insinuate that Lex could somehow be involved in this, and that she would be so blind as to not see anything past the end of her own nose!
Well it is good to see that she reacted this way even when it wasn’t Clark saying it. Looks like no matter what she would have been bull headed. Although… maybe she will give it a bit more thought since it isn’t someone she sees as jealous of her relationship. I hope so anyway.

“My sources informed me that there was a black sedan parked nearby, both at the bank early this morning, and at the scene of the fire. And once Superman left, the sedan left.”
I’m starting to buy into the Red K theory now. Looks like maybe Lex is staging crimes again and when Superman shows up he pulls out the goods.

How did he know her name? He looked bewildered and disorientated, and that made Lois feel uneasy.
Hmm seems like maybe he is coming to himself here… but will he remember this brief moment of clarity??

Clark paced as best he could in the tight confines of his apartment.
Aww apparently not. Looks like he is still trying to figure out what is going on himself and doesn’t remember any of that. frown

He threw his hands up – or actually down – in the air, in frustration.
Because I’m in a testy mood today… Clark makes me want to strangle him. If he had just given her all the facts about his identity and the situation I think she would have come around. She isn’t a stupid woman and she would of course believe Superman over Clark if only for the fact that she would have known that Superman could listen in where Clark couldn’t and could get information that Clark couldn’t… because well most of Lex’s attempts at bad things have involved Superman and him trying to take Superman down… not him trying to take Clark down. This always irked me that he would just say, “trust me he isn’t what he seems.” And never give her facts. *shakes her fist*

Clark wanted to help her, not show it to her, but help her to see it for herself. Superman couldn’t do that, but Clark could. He would keep trying. He had to.
Because you are cute Clark… I’ll accept this but I still don’t think it is the right way to do it! Now go put on a towel and make me happy. Go on… *makes shooing motions* Redeem my faith in you by showing me some nice abs.

What would his clone want with a diamond?
Hmm indeed. Guess we will find out in the next part. ^_^

Also, don’t take my comments from the last fdk as me not liking the story. I love the story… I’m just not very happy about the situation. LOL But I know you fix your toys so I’m all for this story. ^_^

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
#46466 09/25/07 06:45 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'll be back later - really I will - but for now, I just need to answer a question from Clark:

Why shouldn't she believe him? Trust in him?
Because he's lying to her?

Ann

#46467 09/25/07 07:49 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Okay, commenting as I read...

“Now look who’s running off.” Her look of indignation spurred him on. “You said yourself that Superman needs our help and you’re gonna run off and go on a date? Wow. I never thought I’d see the day that you’d put Luthor before Superman.”
Yikes! That's like waving a red flag in front of a bull, Clark! He must really like her angry at him.

“I don’t eat dessert.”
I'll believe that when Lex Luthor suddenly adopts the morals of Superman. If she thinks that chocolate doesn't count for dessert, then she's deluding herself! laugh

“So you met my uncle eating at his diner, then.
I always wondered how Lois met Bobby Bigmouth. I like this explanation a lot.

And judging from the bag you’ve got tucked away under your front seat, you already knew how good your uncle’s desserts are.
lol Can't hide anything from Bobby!

He shook his head. “Not everyone.” Lois raised an eyebrow and he continued, “Ask around, not one of the reporters working under any of LexCorp’s subsidiaries is trying to get to the bottom of it. Not one person from LNN or any of the other news stations that Luthor owns stock in. Nada. All they’re reporting on is what Superman is doing wrong. Not ‘why’ it’s happening. Thank god some people still read newspapers and don’t buy into everything they’re force-fed by the television media.”
Hopefully now Lois will start to question Luthor. She won't listen to Clark, maybe she'll listen to her snitch.

The nerve of this guy trying to insinuate that Lex could somehow be involved in this, and that she would be so blind as to not see anything past the end of her own nose!
Or...maybe not. When you can see past your nose, Lois, please let us know.

So much for that informant. She didn’t see how he would ever turn out to be a very good source.
lol Boy, will she be in for a surprise!

“Did I rob a bank? If I did, I *deserved* that money, for everything I’ve done for this city. For all the banks I’ve protected before. Property damage I’ve averted. Lives that I’ve saved.” He chuffed out a haughty laugh. “Do you honestly think you can do what I can? *No one* can do what I can. Certainly not the lazy bunch of bums working for the Metropolis PD. No one!”
If this really is Clark and not a clone, which I suspect it is Clark, then he's really digging his grave. This reminds me of how Clark on Smallville acted when he was exposed to red K. I always wanted to write a story with that spin on the red K exposure. Hmmm...is that what you're doing here? Inquiring minds are wondering!

But something else drew her attention.

A black sedan - make that a stretch limo – was pulling away and driving off. Lois raised an eyebrow. Maybe there was more to Bobby’s info than she had initially given him credit for.
And just maybe this mystery person inside the limo (Luthor), has a chunk of red K. You're right, more questions...

Clark sighed deeply. Tired of dodging furniture, he floated up to the ceiling, where he could pace unimpeded – except by the occasional light fixture.
I loved this! If only we all had super powers, I'm sure we'd all pace a hole in our ceilings!

She just didn’t understand how dangerous Luthor was. Clark couldn’t get her to see it because he didn’t have any proof to give her. And it really wasn’t Superman’s place to get involved.
It shouldn't matter whether or not it's Superman's place. Knowing how dangerous Luthor really is, Clark should do anything it takes to get her to see the truth. He's such a lunkhead sometimes!

But if he did that, it would only embarrass her and further weaken her faith in herself.
Better that than going to bed (so to speak) with the devil.

Wouldn't we all like to know. And if this other Superman really is a clone, then I'm guessing that Luthor wants that diamond for some reason. However if it's really Clark doing the robbing...I'm stumped. You've done a wonderful job with this part. You've definitely got me guessing.

BTW, from the last fdk thread, you said:

Hi Symbolic! You aren't sure what to think? Well good <g> that's the point. Hee hee. Oooooh, yes, is Luthor involved? I did say this was a HoL rewrite, didn't I? Hmmm... Thanks so much for the fdk!
Stupid me forgot that you said this was a HoL rewrite! blush

Bring on the next part!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
#46468 09/25/07 02:50 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow, you're fast DJ! thumbsup

That caused Lois to pause; she stopped and turned to face him. Irritation was flushing her cheeks. “We? No, Clark. There is you and there is me. This time, there is definitely no ‘we’.
Oh, no... Is she back to this stage? They are already partners, aren't they?

She was shaking her head. “Nope. Sorry. I have a date with Lex tonight.
No, no, no, no! This story is already complicated. Add Lex to the mix and it'll be a chaos. hyper

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#46469 09/25/07 04:52 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
You're spoiling us by posting so fast! Not that I'm complaining of course. Or maybe the days are just blurring. This is about the only break I've had to sit down and read some fic. I'm so glad part 3 is here. smile

“Nope. Sorry. I have a date with Lex tonight. I’m going to go meet with Bobby, take care of a few other things, and then go home and get ready for my date.”
Luthor. razz I hope Evil!Clark (but still loveable in his confusion) is all over that guy.

“Ah, but you didn’t. And since you and the pretentious playboy billionaire have gotten so close, lately, I was afraid you might not have seen the forest for the one big tree.”
*Slips Bobby extra cheesecake* Nice one!

Superman’s eyes darkened and she heard what she thought was a growl escape from his lips
Mmm... that sounds kind of sexy actually... BUT no. No. Bad Superman. Growling at children.

High tech weaponry?? A super engagement ring for Lois? The possibilities are endless. smile

Great job, DJ. You brightened my day quite a bit.

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
#46470 09/25/07 08:11 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I wish I had time to leave more feedback (gotta fix that 24 hours in a day thing), but I loved this part, and I will try to come back for more quoting when the sun comes up!

Ooookay, creepy Fake-Superman. I think diamond, I think engagement ring, then I think of the anger when he changes, and all sorts of kidnappings and forced proposals...I'm sure there's a 3am feedback factor in here that jumped to all kinds of wild scenarios, too LOL.

Great part!!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#46471 09/26/07 01:20 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hello everyone! wave Still with me after that part? <g>

Hi carolm!

It would be nice to be 'in' Clark's head during one of his blackouts but that would probably ruin the suspense.
How could we be inside Clark's head if there's a possibility that it's a clone? wink Sorry, I just don't think I could write from the clone's perspective. :p

But yes, you're correct... I'm writing from Lois's POV sometimes on purpose. <g>

Something... was... something when he was at the bank robbery. He was himself, then he wasn't, then he was or something like that. He saw Lois and it was like he was trying to remember her or something or somehow knew something. Okay, someone may have to take away my 'writer' status after that, but hey, it's early[ish] and I didn't get much sleep last night.
LOL!!! Carol that was hilarious. <g> But I'm glad you pointed it out, because yes, it was important. Hee hee.

You know, by the end of that part, Clark was thinking the same thing (Superman keeping a low profile until he clears his name). Don't you just love Bobby? I always thought he was a fun character.

So next part will be up... later today?
LOL - no... sorry. I actually think it may be closer to Saturday night or Sunday morning before it's up. My muse has been naughty and has been working on a later part instead of the upcoming ones. So I've sort of ran short on buffer. I mean, I know what's gonna happen and have it all sketched out... it's just not completely written yet. blush Thanks for the fdk, Carol!

Hi Jojo! Yeah, it always bothered me (even on the show) that he downplayed his disappearances so much... but I think he looked at it as self-preservation. Maybe the more he drew attention to the disappearances, the more she would *think* about them.

quote: But somehow, ‘Clark’ always seemed to get left out of the equation.

Gee… after the way you have acted to her today what do you expect???
LOL! laugh For some reason I take perverse pleasure in seeing you mad at Clark, Jojo. <g>

Looks like no matter what she would have been bull headed.
Well, you know... I just don't think Lois likes people telling her that she is dense or that she is wrong. Sometimes she just has to see it for herself. wink

Again, I'm loving everyone's theories - keep at it. <g>

This always irked me that he would just say, “trust me he isn’t what he seems.” And never give her facts. *shakes her fist*
Heh- me too. Always irritated me that Clark never "explained" why he felt that way. Maybe that's why I just love writing a HoL rewrite. <g>

Because you are cute Clark… I’ll accept this but I still don’t think it is the right way to do it! Now go put on a towel and make me happy. Go on… *makes shooing motions* Redeem my faith in you by showing me some nice abs.
<snort> LOL!

I'm glad you love the story Jojo and I didn't take your comments any other way. <g> And yes, I always try to fix my toys when I'm done with them. Thanks for the fdk!!

LOL, Ann! <g> I'll look forward to seeing you back later. Thanks.

Hi Symbolic!

quote:“I don’t eat dessert.”

I'll believe that when Lex Luthor suddenly adopts the morals of Superman. If she thinks that chocolate doesn't count for dessert, then she's deluding herself! [Big Grin]
LOL! Ha ha! Yes, but she's a "closet" dessert eater. She told Lex in the pilot ep that she didn't eat dessert. <g> And on her first date with Clark - she shared his. She's in major denial. LOL. But of course, Bobby calls her on it a few paragraphs down. <g> I'm so glad you liked my explanation of how Lois could have hooked up with Bobby. It never said in the show, so it's a fun premise to explore. <g>

Or...maybe not. When you can see past your nose, Lois, please let us know.
LOL!

Oh, and a useless trivia fact about me - I've never watched even one episode of Smallville. So, is that what I'm doing? One just never knows. <g>

I'm glad you liked the part with him pacing on the ceiling. We saw it in one ep, when he was really upset. And somehow, I think if I had super powers and I wanted to pace - that's where I'd do it. <g>

I'm glad I stumped you on the diamond. Maybe Clark will have some ideas in the next part. <g> And yep, I did say it was a HoL rewrite. laugh Thanks for the fdk!

Hi Andreia! Yeah, maybe too fast. Now I'm out of buffer. <g> To answer your questions - this is a HoL rewrite... actually it would have been better to say this was a Barbarians at the Planet BATP rewrite, technically - so yes, they are partners... and the part you quoted said "This time" meaning that they were normally partners, but that she was mad enough that she didn't want to be around him right now. <g> And Lex is in the mix because, well, face it, it wouldn't be a BatP/HoL rewrite without him. <g>

LOL about the Friskin thing. laugh

Is there a clone? Or not? [Huh]
The 64 million dollar question. <g>

Questions, questions, questions. When are we going to get some answers, DJ? The suspense is killing me!!!! [Hyper]
Heh... little by little you'll get some hints I think. <g> Thanks so much for the fdk, Andreia!

Hi Laura S! Poor thing - sounds like you've had a very busy week! I had posted part 2 on Friday - so the weekend must have been a blur. LOL

LOL at "Evil!Clark" -- yes... *ahem* or maybe "Evil!Clone" wink

Mmm... that sounds kind of sexy actually... BUT no. No. Bad Superman. Growling at children.
LOLSSS!

High tech weaponry?? A super engagement ring for Lois? The possibilities are endless. [Smile]
Hmmm, yes, aren't they? <g> Thanks for the fdk, Laura! I am glad I was able to brighten your day. <g>

Hi Jen! Hah! Let me know when you get that 24 hours in a day thing, fixed. <g>

Ooookay, creepy Fake-Superman.
LOL - oh Jen! That's funny. Engagement ring, huh? Interesting... <g> Love that you jumped to all kinds of wild scenarios. Thanks so much for the fdk and if you do come back, I'll look forward to seeing what you have to say.

Thanks again everyone. I don't think part 4 will be up before late Saturday or Sunday morning.

I'll c-ya later!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#46472 09/26/07 02:45 AM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Originally posted by MetroRhodes:

Hi carolm!

How could we be inside Clark's head if there's a possibility that it's a clone? wink Sorry, I just don't think I could write from the clone's perspective. :p

LOL!!! Carol that was hilarious. But I'm glad you pointed it out, because yes, it was important. Hee hee.

Okay - so I've been thinking on this... maybe CK is blacked out on a rooftop nearby or something and this is cloneClark, but I'm still putting my money on CK in a red K induced haze of some sort. So see, no need to write from a cloneCK perspective because it's not a clone!!!

And actually I think my writer status needs to be taken away b/c I haven't 'published' anything in EONS, and that sentence above certainly explains WHY I haven't done so smile . Coherent thoughts are few and far between these days and, unfortunately, must be reserved for a: my students or b: my grad level course on church/state relations I'm starting any day. Glad I could make you laugh though smile .
Carol

#46473 09/26/07 04:11 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
*thinks Carol should have less FDK and more writing in jojo's inbox on the AWESOME story Carol is writing that everyone should bug her about*

*runs from Carol*

sloppy joking! (about the less fdk not about the story ^_~)

DJ: Well Clark deserved some anger in this one. He got pity last time and this time he got my wrath. ^_^ I'm a fickle mistress.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
#46474 09/26/07 04:23 AM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
LOL JoJo! I do have the file open but am SOOOO freaking far behind from having my wisdom teeth out a week and a half ago that I have to work on that stuff - have to have to have to.

Goal for today: Get TONS of schoolwork done so that I can 'play' tomorrow.

Should probably close "To Serve and Protect II" if I'm going to get that done though... [TSP I showed up on my random fic clicking yesterday and I had to go look for a sequel...]
Carol

#46475 09/26/07 01:46 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm soo behind on my FDK too, even though my wisdom teeth aren't out....

Clark sighed. Lois was mad. He had seen it written plainly on her face when he had arrived at the small, homey diner. There were so many times he'd had to run off and play Superman, leaving her waiting for him with nothing but a lousy excuse for an explanation.

And this one appeared to have been the straw that broke the camel's back.

After the awkward silence, in which Lois hadn't introduced Clark to the man standing beside her, he extended his hand in greeting. &#8220;Hi, Clark Kent.&#8221;

&#8220;Mike Lane,&#8221; her uncle replied, clasping his hand firmly. &#8220;Lois tells me that you work at the Daily Planet with her.&#8221;
Lois is angry and Mike is friendly and appreciative. I like the reaction of both of them!

&#8220;I paged my niece and asked her to meet me here because I have some information for her about Superman. Or rather, one of my customers has information.&#8221;

Information about Superman? Clark felt his palms start to sweat. What kind of information? &#8220;Are they here right now?&#8221;

Mike shook his head. &#8220;No. He wanted me to arrange a meeting with the two of you.&#8221;
Interesting! Does Bobby already know that Clark is Superman? Is that why he wants to pass on some information to Superman in person?

&#8220;Thanks, Uncle Mike,&#8221; Lois told him, giving him an affectionate embrace. She turned and walked out of the diner, without so much as a word to Clark.

Clark sighed again. It had already been a long day and it wasn't even noon yet &#8211; the day was going to get so much longer. &#8220;Thank you, Mr. Lane.&#8221;

&#8220;Please, call me Mike,&#8221; he said with a pleasant smile.
Mike is so likable, and I love to see Lois hug him. smile (And I don't know - that "Call me Mike" reminds me of Paul Simon's "Call Me Al"....)

He turned and chased after Lois, catching the door before it shut in his face. &#8220;Lois! Lois, wait!&#8221;

&#8220;No. No, I'm through waiting for you today, Clark,&#8221; she said with obvious disgust in her tone. &#8220;Superman is in trouble, he needs our help, and you're worried about pencils? And press passes?&#8221;

&#8220;I know, I'm sorry,&#8221; he entreated as he followed behind her. &#8220;Do you think your uncle's source will be useful?&#8221; he asked, hoping to change the subject.
I sure don't blame Lois for being irritated with him here! Yes, yes, yes, he had a good reason to run away from her - but as for his reasons for lying her blue in the face about it and doing nothing whatsoever to become more truthful with her.... razz

&#8220;I wonder what kind of information he has about Superman? When are we supposed to meet him?&#8221;

That caused Lois to pause; she stopped and turned to face him. Irritation was flushing her cheeks. &#8220;We? No, Clark. There is you and there is me. This time, there is definitely no "we'. I'm gonna go this one alone.&#8221;
Probably not a good idea, Lois. If Bobby wanted to see both you and Clark, he might have wanted to tell Superman something important. And now you ruined it. Of course, you had no way of knowing that your (right now very irritating) partner is in fact Superman....)

Clark bit his lip, keeping any further retort to himself. She needed space. She was mad and she didn't want him around right now. He was sure she'd cool down later.
Right, Clark. Give the little woman some space! She is angry at you for lying at her, but it never occurs to you to become more truthful with her. Just give her some space and she'll cool down, so that can feed her more lies when she is ready to talk to you again! razz

&#8220;Okay. I'll see what I can dig up on my end and come by your apartment later tonight. We can compare notes.&#8221;

She was shaking her head. &#8220;Nope. Sorry. I have a date with Lex tonight. I'm going to go meet with Bobby, take care of a few other things, and then go home and get ready for my date.&#8221;
Gaaaaah. I so hate when she is dating Luthor. And considering how infuriating Clark is acting now, she has no real reason to listen to him and trust him when he tries to warn her against Luthor.

A sharp pain settled into Clark's chest. Not Luthor! He knew the two of them were dating, but if she only knew the truth about him. Clark felt a twinge of jealousy mixed with a little irritation and he found himself saying something he would have never imagined. &#8220;Now look who's running off.&#8221; Her look of indignation spurred him on. &#8220;You said yourself that Superman needs our help and you're gonna run off and go on a date? Wow. I never thought I'd see the day that you'd put Luthor before Superman.&#8221;
Good move, Clark. :rolleyes:

Lois's eyes had widened in surprise. &#8220;What?&#8221; she squeaked indignantly. &#8220;Clark Kent, if we weren't partners, and friends, I'd... I'd...&#8221; She paused briefly, as if to compose herself, and then narrowed her eyes. &#8220;No one cares about Superman more than me.&#8221; She poked him in the chest with her finger. &#8220;But my life revolves around more than just Superman, and Lex is a part of that life. I know you don't like him, Clark, for whatever concocted reasons that are your own, but I like him and he likes me.&#8221; She sighed a short breath before continuing, &#8220;At least I know where I stand with him.&#8221; And then she turned around and stalked off without another word.

She didn't realize that she was speaking to Superman.
No, she didn't realize that she was speaking to Superman. And whose fault is that, Clark?

Her words cut him to the core, but Clark realized she was right. She didn't know where she stood with Superman. And part of that was because Clark had tried not to reciprocate her feelings when he was dressed in the red and blue. He wanted her as Clark, not Superman. But somehow, "Clark' always seemed to get left out of the equation.

If only she knew how hard it was for him not to use his alter ego to get what he wanted.

Her.

Clark watched her go, his heart heavy.
Are we supposed to feel sorry for this whiny liar for being rejected by the woman he wants when he tries to woo her by carefully lying to her about who he really is???? mad

Lois curled her lip in disgust as she watched the man sitting in the front seat of her Jeep inhale the contents of the bag she had brought as an inducement. Her uncle had told her that the word on the street was that Bobby Bigmouth had the best gossip, the juiciest tidbits, of anyone out there.

The only trick was getting him to talk.

But he would talk if the price was right. And the price was always food. Bobby apparently couldn't get enough of food &#8211; and not the cheap stuff either. Uncle Mike said the man was a connoisseur of all things edible.

Although, by the way he was inhaling the delicacies she had brought him, that estimation of him was up for debate.
I love how Lois is silently critiquing Bobby's table manners! rotflol Particularly since she is no doubt jealous and wishes that she could eat like that!!!

&#8220;So, how do you know my uncle?&#8221; she asked conversationally, trying not to appear either rude or impatient.

&#8220;Are you kidding?&#8221; he asked, as he gulped down another mouthful of rich cream-covered pasta. At her stone-faced expression, he continued, &#8220;You aren't kidding.&#8221; He cleared his throat. &#8220;Your uncle has some of the best desserts in town. His New York style cheesecake is to die for. You're telling me that you didn't know that already?&#8221;

&#8220;I don't eat dessert.&#8221;
I don't eat dessert!!!! Excuse while I'm falling off my chair with laughter!!!! rotflol

&#8220;Oh, please, don't insult me, Lois,&#8221; he complained. &#8220;First of all, I know how good of a reporter you are. And judging from the bag you've got tucked away under your front seat, you already knew how good your uncle's desserts are.&#8221; He licked some sauce off his fingers. &#8220;My fee is dinner *and* dessert. Now, cough it up.&#8221;
That's a riot!!! rotflol

Lois scowled at him as she fished the bag out from under her seat. How had he known it was down there? She shoved the bag at him and he took it greedily, opening it immediately.

&#8220;Cheesecake! Aww, you shouldn't have.&#8221; Bobby opened the box and began to devour the decadent dessert.
rotflol

&#8220;Okay, I bet you're thinking that there's something fishy going on with Superman and these recent "incidents'.&#8221;

She rolled her eyes. &#8220;Yeah, that's pretty much a no-brainer. Everyone's trying to get to the bottom of it.&#8221;

He shook his head. &#8220;Not everyone.&#8221; Lois raised an eyebrow and he continued, &#8220;Ask around, not one of the reporters working under any of LexCorp's subsidiaries is trying to get to the bottom of it. Not one person from LNN or any of the other news stations that Luthor owns stock in. Nada. All they're reporting on is what Superman is doing wrong. Not "why' it's happening.
Listen to what Bobby is telling you about Luthor, Lois.

Lois frowned. &#8220;And this is what I spent a third of my paycheck buying food for? I could have noticed that on my own,&#8221; she complained.

&#8220;Ah, but you didn't.
Touché!!

And since you and the pretentious playboy billionaire have gotten so close, lately, I was afraid you might not have seen the forest for the one big tree.&#8221;

Lois was irritated by his description of Lex, but also his estimation of her. &#8220;You're forgetting one important detail. Lex doesn't own every television station in town. He owns LNN and...&#8221;

&#8220;And he's on half the other stations' board of trustees. He also donates money as a sponsor to some of them or LexCorp dumps large amounts of cash as an advertiser.&#8221; Bobby smirked. &#8220;Trust me, Lois, I've done my homework. Besides, that's not all...&#8221;
Listen to Bobby, Lois!

&#8220;Really? You mean there's more?&#8221; she exclaimed sarcastically. The nerve of this guy trying to insinuate that Lex could somehow be involved in this, and that she would be so blind as to not see anything past the end of her own nose!
:rolleyes:

&#8220;Hey, you don't want the info that you've paid for?&#8221; He shrugged. &#8220;No skin off my teeth, Lois. But don't complain when I pass it along to someone else.&#8221;

Lois reached out and grabbed the cheesecake away from him, eliciting a cry of protest from him. &#8220;Spill it, Bobby,&#8221; she warned before handing the decadent treat back to him.
I love how you write this, DJ! It's so funny!

He gave her a wide, condescending grin. &#8220;My sources informed me that there was a black sedan parked nearby, both at the bank early this morning, and at the scene of the fire. And once Superman left, the sedan left.&#8221;

&#8220;Big deal. Black sedan's are a dime a dozen in Metropolis,&#8221; she smarted.

&#8220;Not in these neighborhoods, Lois. And certainly not a "stretch'.&#8221;

Lois frowned. No. A black sedan was one thing. A stretch limo? That was entirely something different. &#8220;So that's it?&#8221; she grumbled.
A 'stretch' is a limo? Thanks for telling me!

Lois was driving, on her way to her apartment, when three police cars went speeding past her in the opposite direction. She slammed on the brakes, squealing her tires a little, and turned around. Something was going on. Something newsworthy. And if she was lucky, either Superman or his clone would show up.

If she was really, really lucky, they both would.
There is not that much luck in the world, since there is no clone this time!

She didn't have any trouble keeping up. After all, she had always prided herself on her driving skills. And honestly, she didn't have to worry about getting a ticket since all the cops in the area were busy, running off to whatever emergency was happening.
I love this! Vintage Lois!

Then Lois saw something that scared her. Superman's eyes darkened and she heard what she thought was a growl escape from his lips &#8211; it sent a shiver down her spine. He strode over to the boys, snatched the gun away from the one boy, hitting him smartly across the head with it, and then took the other two boys and thumped their heads together &#8211; effectively knocking the entire group unconscious. The boy he had hit with the gun had a thin trail of blood sliding down his head from the injury.
Gaaahhh!!!! Wrathful Superman!

&#8220;No!&#8221; Lois yelled at him. Her earlier conclusion changed - this was definitely not Superman. He would never have struck out in such anger. But she had seen his clone pick up criminals before and toss them in the back of a police van.

At her outburst, the clone turned to look at her, a strange expression of confusion on his face.
Lois's protest sort of wakes him up! Good.

Lois shook her head at him. &#8220;You can't do that! You can't hurt people!&#8221; she chastised him. &#8220;I know who you are. Superman has dealt with someone like you before, and he can do it again. So you'd better watch out because he'll be looking for you.&#8221; She stopped her tirade and wondered briefly, where was Superman now? He'd had plenty of time to respond to this robbery. And surely he was out looking for the clone who seemed insistent on dragging his name through the mud. Why wasn't he here?
He is there, Lois!

&#8220;Superman, put your hands in the air,&#8221; one of the police officers said, stepping between the clone and Lois, &#8220;and walk towards me, slowly. You're under arrest for the robbery of the First Metropolis Bank.&#8221;

The clone's look of confusion melted away into a look of outrage.
And now he's Angry!Superman again. You know what? I don't like him.

&#8220;I've probably saved your life before. Or the life of one of your friends. You *owe* me!&#8221; The clone lifted up, hovering in the air above them like some sort of demigod, holding out his arms as if to encompass the group. &#8220;Did I rob a bank? If I did, I *deserved* that money, for everything I've done for this city. For all the banks I've protected before. Property damage I've averted. Lives that I've saved.&#8221; He chuffed out a haughty laugh. &#8220;Do you honestly think you can do what I can? *No one* can do what I can. Certainly not the lazy bunch of bums working for the Metropolis PD. No one!&#8221;
This sounds like hubris-Superman to me. The overly proud one.

A black sedan - make that a stretch limo &#8211; was pulling away and driving off. Lois raised an eyebrow. Maybe there was more to Bobby's info than she had initially given him credit for.
You bet there was, Lois.

Clark paced as best he could in the tight confines of his apartment. He had just gotten off the phone with his parents. They were worried for him, naturally, and not only because their son had another clone. It scared them to learn that Clark was having blackouts and didn't know why. That was bad enough in itself, they'd said, but it was worse when your son was Superman and someone was causing the blackouts intentionally...
And why would the clone and the blackouts appear at the same time? Sheesh. You ought to give Lara a call so she can send Batman over to help poor dense Clark solve this problem!

Clark sighed deeply. Tired of dodging furniture, he floated up to the ceiling, where he could pace unimpeded &#8211; except by the occasional light fixture.
Funny! Reminds me of the old Fred Astaire film where this amazing dance icon is dancing on the ceiling.

He sighed again. She just didn't understand how dangerous Luthor was. Clark couldn't get her to see it because he didn't have any proof to give her. And it really wasn't Superman's place to get involved. Besides, she should believe Clark. Or at least be willing to listen to him. He was her friend and her partner. He looked out for her. Why shouldn't she believe him? Trust in him?
Why should he have to tell her the truth? Why should he have to tell her that he was deeply suspicious of Luthor because he had been on the receiving end of Luthor's tricks as Superman? Why should he even have to go to her as Superman (never mind revealing his secret identity to her) and warn her about Luthor as Superman? Why shouldn't she believe him when he was feeding her one lie after another?

Clark, wake up and smell the coffee! The lady says: "You lying no-good lunkhead!"

[Linked Image]

He threw his hands up &#8211; or actually down &#8211; in the air, in frustration. Part of him wanted to fly over to Lois's apartment right now and tell her exactly the kind of man she was dating. But if he did that, it would only embarrass her and further weaken her faith in herself.
Right, don't give her the warning she needs!

[Linked Image]

Some partner you are!

[Linked Image]

Clark wanted to help her, not show it to her, but help her to see it for herself. Superman couldn't do that, but Clark could. He would keep trying. He had to.
Oh yeah? You can help her by not being honest with her?

[Linked Image]

&#8220;Oh yeah, the bank. Besides some cash and smaller gems, what made up the bulk of the assets was one big ticket item, a diamond.&#8221;

Clark frowned. &#8220;A diamond? Can you give me the specifics?&#8221;

&#8220;Yeah, it wasn't just any diamond. It was a three-carat D FL-IF Princess cut.&#8221;

Clark wrote down the info. &#8220;Uh, I have to tell you. I'm not sure what half of that means.&#8221;

Henderson chuffed a laugh from the other end of the line. &#8220;Me either, Kent. At least, not at first. I was later informed that the "D' refers to the color of the diamond. D is absolutely colorless, which is extremely rare for a diamond that size. FL-IF stands for "flawless' and "internally flawless'. So as far as diamonds go, this one is about as perfect as they come.
Thanks for that diamond info, DJ! Sure Supes was stealing that diamond to put it in an engagement ring, right?

All right, DJ! Um... as I was saying... maybe Clark could shape up, no?

Ann

#46476 09/26/07 02:34 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey, DJ, I'm back to complete my wild scenario!

But I'll pick out some favs first.

“We? No, Clark. There is you and there is me. This time, there is definitely no ‘we’
Annnd suddenly we are back to about episode 1 of their relationship. Talk about digging your own grave, Clark.

“Now look who’s running off.” Her look of indignation spurred him on. “You said yourself that Superman needs our help and you’re gonna run off and go on a date? Wow. I never thought I’d see the day that you’d put Luthor before Superman.”
Omg. There are no words, Clark. No words...Where's that forklift? I'll help you lower in your coffin.

He shook his head. “Not everyone.” Lois raised an eyebrow and he continued, “Ask around, not one of the reporters working under any of LexCorp’s subsidiaries is trying to get to the bottom of it. Not one person from LNN or any of the other news stations that Luthor owns stock in. Nada. All they’re reporting on is what Superman is doing wrong. Not ‘why’ it’s happening. Thank god some people still read newspapers and don’t buy into everything they’re force-fed by the television media.”

Lois frowned. “And this is what I spent a third of my paycheck buying food for? I could have noticed that on my own,” she complained.

Lo-is...get a clue!

“Did I rob a bank? If I did, I *deserved* that money, for everything I’ve done for this city. For all the banks I’ve protected before. Property damage I’ve averted. Lives that I’ve saved.” He chuffed out a haughty laugh. “Do you honestly think you can do what I can? *No one* can do what I can. Certainly not the lazy bunch of bums working for the Metropolis PD. No one!” He sent a burst of air at the group of police officers, blowing them back and knocking them off their feet, before taking off in a flash, speeding away through the sky in a multi-colored blur.
Okay, here's the latest wild scenario I formed while I was dealing with my torn tire tonight. I too would venture a red-K guess of some kind...I don't quite remember how Clark was on it in the show besides the fact that he was lazy around Lois, but it would seem here like he's just being...himself. Okay, hang on. I'm not saying Clark's true nature is a pissy little klepto bully. But deep down inside, we all have a little minion that stores up all the things we never say and all the things we know we shouldn't think...but just pull out some red-K and watch the minion blow...

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#46477 09/26/07 02:46 PM
Kerth
Kerth
I'm not saying Clark's true nature is a pissy little klepto bully. But deep down inside, we all have a little minion that stores up all the things we never say and all the things we know we shouldn't think...but just pull out some red-K and watch the minion blow...
A pissy little klepto bully? evil It's true that the clone does seem to be acting on all of Clark's darkest fantasies. Can't wait to see what he does to Lex when he gets to "Anger" in the list. Maybe it's some kind of doppelganger at work? All Clark's frustrations have taken on a life of their own?

Oh, wait... um, I didn't say *anything*. Nobody tell DJ that I was even here, okay? peep

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#46478 09/26/07 03:40 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Don't beat around the bush, Ann, just tell us how you really feel about Clark.

Sorry, couldn't help it. In many ways I agree with you, but at this point in time (obviously the first season) Lois is dating Superman's mortal enemy, something he knows but she has no clue. If she has no reason to be suspicious of Luthor, why should Clark share his secret identity with her? There's just as high a probability that she'll cooperate with him as there is that she'll use that info to go after that Pulitzer. While Clark isn't an angel for deceiving her, Lois isn't clear either. As yet, she hasn't done enough for Clark to trust her with this secret. Besides, if she somehow let it slip to Luthor, it'd be Katie bar the door 'cause bad stuff's a-coming!

But something has to pop, and soon. This state of affairs can't go on much longer. Is it a clone? Is it red K? Is Clark having a psychotic breakdown? Has he been split into two distinct entities by an evil alien cyborg genius? Or is it something even more devious and evil? Stay tuned!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#46479 09/26/07 05:47 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm not saying Clark's true nature is a pissy little klepto bully. But deep down inside, we all have a little minion that stores up all the things we never say and all the things we know we shouldn't think...but just pull out some red-K and watch the minion blow...
Hey, I really like Jen's theory!

There are two possibilities here, as far as I can see. (Yeah, yeah... shove it down my throat later, DJ, when it turns out I was completely wrong...) Anyway, clearly Clark is being manipulated one way or another, or that nifty little black sedan wouldn't be on the scene of the crime every time Superman is on the scene to commit a crime! So the first possibility is that the sedan people are controlling him like a puppy. Pulling his strings, as it were. And that would be scarily, horrifyingly good, except that the second alternative is better! And that is that those "sedan people" just give Superman a waff of something, be it Red K or Seven-Sins perfume or whatever. And as Supes breathes this in, or as its rays manipulates his brainwaves or something, his inhibitions and his self-control will pretty much evaporate. And then all the bad little thoughts and wishes and grudges and suppressed selfish wishes just get a free rein. That's a fascinating possibility!

It's interesting that we apparently have a guilty Superman here, but an innocent Clark! Because Clark has no idea what his alter ego is up to. And as long as he remains unaware of what he is really doing in his Superman persona, he simply can't change his ways!

One more thing. It's not correct to describe the "flawed" Superman as the "true" Superman. In this part, we saw Superman waver in and out of self-control and self-awareness. The Superman who is aware of himself is not committing crimes. It's the Superman who is being manipulated by the "sedan-people" who becomes a dark and scary person.

And Jen.... That "pissy little klepto bully" was so funny!

Ann

#46480 09/26/07 11:03 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm not going to quote anything because everyone's covered it. But I love the way this is going and I can't wait for the next part.

I am extrememly curious about how Clark will react when he finds out how he's being manipulated by the red-k.

No, I don't believe there is a clone. And I bet Lois finds that out before Clark does.

Or maybe Clark will be hit with the red-k when he's, you know, Clark.

Ack! Get the rabid plot bunnies away from me!!!

I was home eating chocolate—cottage cheese.
Chocolate flavoured cottage cheese. It's a new flav—
I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane
#46481 09/27/07 04:24 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hello everyone! Thanks so much for all the additional fdk! <hugs group>

Hi carolm! LOL - I love what you're putting your money on. Care to make that bet official? Ask Sue, I'm really good at wagering <winks at Sue>

*ahem* Nonsense, don't be ridiculous, your writer status should not be taken away - in fact maybe we should sick some pointy stick men on you <LOLS> - and yes, you made me laugh. Hee hee. Thanks.

Hee hee. Hi Jojo. Poor Clark - getting wrath from dear Jojo. I'll be curious to see what your inner mistress will think of part 6 when we get there *chokes a little* <g> Thanks Jojo!

Ann!!! <hug> Wow! Look at all this yummy fdk! And the pictures! I love the pictures. sloppy No, Bobby doesn't know about Superman. But he has obviously heard of the writing team: Lois & Clark. <g> He asked for them by name.

LOL - how did I know you'd be upset with Clark? Hmmm? <g> But Terry is right, Ann. This is first season Lois who has done nothing to prove herself to Clark - certainly not by dating that <um to borrow someone else's term> Fink, Lex Luthor. Clark simply doesn't know her well enough to know if she would take his secret straight to Luthor (or even accidentally reveal it somehow).

I'm so glad you enjoyed the part with Bobby. <g> He's one of my favorite sidekick characters to write (him and Perry <g>)

LOL - somehow Ann, I know see you as that sweet little baby with the mad face. That is totally adorable. That image will forever flash to mind when I'm thinking of you. <g>

Thanks so much for the fdk, Ann!

Hi Jen! Hah! I love that you pointed out that Clark was back to beginning with that "definitely no we" comment by Lois. <g> And I laughed at the coffin comment. Oooh, and I just love all your wild scenarios and postulations. Eeeeee! Love them, I tell you! Thanks for the fdk, Jen!

Sue! <squeeze> Naughty, naughty girl... trying to drop hints <don't believe her FoLCs <g> at the time she posted this, she didn't know what was going to happen yet, or what's going on - I had kept her in the dark. Evil, I know. She knows now... but she's gonna be a good little girl and not tell anyone... right? <stares> Right?!>

Hee hee. Thanks Queenie! Keep them guessing. I LOVE it!

Hi Terry! I didn't even know you were reading! Yippee! Thank you for pointing out what you did about Lois/Clark. Now as far as something popping soon... <heh> well... how about part 6? Not really in part 5... but I think in part 6. <g> Thanks for the fdk!

Hello again, Ann! <g>

(Yeah, yeah... shove it down my throat later, DJ, when it turns out I was completely wrong...)
Now when have I EVER done that? Hmmm? I love everyone's postulations. They are deliciously yummy.

Unfortunately, I can't comment any further on anything you said without giving something away. <g> So I'll just say again, thanks for the fdk!

Hi Sammy!

I am extrememly curious about how Clark will react when he finds out how he's being manipulated by the red-k.
Hmmm... you're assuming that it really is Red-K. wink You don't believe there's a clone hmmm? Well, okay, suit yourself. <g> Heh - again, I enjoyed the postulations. Thanks for the fdk!

Thanks again everyone! I'm working on the story right now -- it's pretty much finished. It's all plotted out and sections are sketched. I just have to fill in the blanks and flesh it out. <g>

-- DJ <who begins to whistle -- hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to write I go...>

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#46482 09/27/07 04:56 PM
Kerth
Kerth
She knows now... but she's gonna be a good little girl and not tell anyone... right? <stares> Right?!>
Like Bobby, I can be persuaded to talk with cheesecake or just about anything off the Taco Bell menu...

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#46483 09/27/07 05:14 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Yay!!! Wrath!! I totally squealed when he started raging. But that aside, this caught my attention:

If only she knew how hard it was for him not to use his alter ego to get what he wanted.

Her.
I'm groping, I know I am, but for the moment I like believing this means something with respect to the whole seven sins thing. It doesn't. I can't dare hope, but it's a nice thing to believe if even for a short while.

Anyway I thought it was interesting how it seems like she has the power to bring him back? Maybe?
I mean I know he started going on a tirade after that, so I don't quite know what to make of it...

So many questions. Still!!

alcyone:)

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard