Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#46397 09/21/07 01:59 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I am loving this story!!!

Look, for the last time, I can't let you in!" Tim insisted, exasperated.

He'd been arguing for several minutes with the woman he'd found standing at the front door of Wayne Manor. He wanted to kick himself upside the head for not being bright enough to choose a different entrance. He knew of, at least, three other ways in - why couldn't he have used one of those?
Poor Tim. . .

Immediately, Tim understood who she was. She had introduced herself – she had tried, anyway - but everything had come out in a mad rush of jumbled words and sentences and he hadn't been very successful at understanding her at all, save for the part about wanting to come inside. He smiled, thinking that she was lucky to have Superman for a partner - no matter how fast she spoke, he was one of the few people whose brain functioned quickly enough to be able to follow.
clap clap clap

I'm looking forward to the next installment.

Vonceil

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
#46398 09/21/07 04:13 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yes! New chapter! This is my lucky night. smile Okay, onto reading...

Oh, Clark, thank god you're okay!" she said, her voice coming out muffled against his neck.
Aww! That was so sweet and I could picture it so well.

"But... you knew my name..." she said, confused, taking a step back.

Clark felt an overwhelming sense of guilt at the sight of the tears streaming down her cheeks. "It's the first one that came to my mind," he explained, lamely. "I'm sorry. I wish I knew... I wish I could remember. I've been trying to, but things aren't coming to me at all."
And that broke my heart.

That was a great chapter, Lara! I loved it. I hope you put those two back together again soon though. smile

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
#46399 09/21/07 09:54 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
This is my favorite quote from this part by far:

My guess is he would have come upstairs to say hello before flying back to Metropolis. That would have been normal behavior. Pretending to be Batman isn't."

"No kidding," Lois whispered under her breath. It was one thing for her to believe that Clark was Batman, once upon a time, but why would Clark ever think something like that? Even if he had landed in the Batcave, what could possibly have led him to believe he belonged there? He was too nice to even fit the Dark Knight's persona. Much too nice.
I completely love how Lois thinks it would be all right for her to believe that Clark is Batman, but not for Clark! Because he is much too nice to ever fit the Dark Knight's persona! I just love her twisted logic here! clap (Annnd... this is a great way of firmly tying this fic to those other stories of yours, "Blind... as a Bat" and "Green, Green glow of the Arrow", where Lois believes that Clark is Batman, or Green Arrow, or some other member of the Justice Leauge - but of course, it wouldn't ever enter her mind that he could be Superman.... laugh )

"Clark!" Lois exclaimed, heart racing and tears stinging her eyes. A hand on her wrist prevented her from running over to the man who stood before them.

"Wait," Bruce ordered, in a low and commanding voice.
I love this too - Lois's complete and instinctive trust versus Bruce Wayne's, the Dark Knight's, ever-present suspicions.

Clark felt as though he'd been struck by a bolt of lightning. The way she had called out to him – he had heard her do it before, he was absolutely convinced. She was the woman he'd seen in a flashback the other day. It was her. She was here and the simple fact that she'd come looking for him was so comforting, so reassuring. He tried to force his brain to remember more, but all he came up with was a name that he wasn't even sure was hers.

"Lois?" he asked, hesitantly.
And I just love this, too. Clark doesn't exactly remember Lois, but he responds to her, and he feels good and happy because she has come looking for him.

But because I'm so overly sensitive to how Lois is portrayed, it pained me that she was unable to make Tim understand what she said to him. I love when Lois goes into full babbling mode when she is trying to tell Clark something that she is embarrassed about, but surely she would be able to control herself in serious situations. How else could she be a world-class reporter? And Vonceil's suggestion that maybe Bruce should explain things to Clark because Lois wasn't up to communicating with him just broke my heart. Say it ain't so, Lara! mecry

Ann

#46400 09/22/07 05:55 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ann: Remember, this is Lois at her most emotional and the bit about her rambling so fast he couldn't understand is coming from a teenage boy... we all know how much of a smart a** teenage boys can be. smile

I'm sure it was more of a case of Tim not caring enough to follow along because he didn't feel she was important enough for his time. I'm sure the whole time she was going on and on he was thinking of ways to get rid of her for Bruce. smile

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
#46401 09/22/07 07:26 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Ann,

Don't get me wrong---I really want Lois to be the one that explains Everything to Clark, but She's going to have to reign in "Babble mode" which appears to be in control at the moment. I know that in "professional" situations she is quite able to do this, but in personal crisis--let's be truthful here--she has a lot of problems controlling it without Clark's help. And, she hasn't had a lot of practice trying to do so around Clark becuase he is usually so good at following her.

That's all I was thinking when I wrote my comments above. Don't let it upset you.

Vonceil

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
#46402 09/22/07 07:59 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Jojo and Vonceil, you have both made good points. Thanks for pointing out a few things to me!

Ann

#46403 09/23/07 07:33 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thank you for the comments! smile I've been wanting to come and say thank you since yesterday morning, but my Saturday hasn't turned out anything like I had planned. *sighs*

Vonceil - thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying the story.

Lois is going to do most of the explaining in the next part... She's a little overwhelmed by everything, of course, but she's still the one who knows Clark and Superman the best. wink

Laura - thank you! They'll be back together again before the end of the story, don't worry. I like L&C together, I wouldn't dare break them apart. wink

Ann - thanks! You made me giggle with some of your comments. Heee! In his normal state, there's no way Clark could ever be Batman, for sure - but it makes sense that Lois might have thought he was at one point when she was desperately trying to figure out his secret. She hadn't known him long enough to know better.

And I just love this, too. Clark doesn't exactly remember Lois, but he responds to her, and he feels good and happy because she has come looking for him.
smile He knows she's important to him in some way, he just can't get the memories out of his head. Poor thing!

And as for this --

But because I'm so overly sensitive to how Lois is portrayed, it pained me that she was unable to make Tim understand what she said to him. I love when Lois goes into full babbling mode when she is trying to tell Clark something that she is embarrassed about, but surely she would be able to control herself in serious situations. How else could she be a world-class reporter?
Well... Lois is *definitely* very emotional at that point - Clark isn't back, the search for Superman has been canceled and she's convinced that Bruce Wayne is hiding something. She might not have slept much the night before and she's traveled from Metropolis to Gotham that morning to see this man and there's no answer at the door. She's tired, annoyed, worried and everything else you can imagine. This is not Lois with her head screwed on right.

Plus... She's been knocking on the door for a few minutes by the time Tim gets there. When he arrives, I doubt the first thing she thinks of telling him is her name - and she's probably not exactly sweet and professional, especially considering this is a teenage boy. She's not exactly crazy about kids and teens. Now, Tim doesn't necessarily treat her with a whole lot of respect because he doesn't recognize her (he knows who Lois Lane is, he's just never met her and might not have seen her, either). He sees this woman banging on the door and his first thought is to get rid of her... Not to mention he's just been told to get his butt there and he's trying to get in as quick as possible, so he might not be paying that much attention to what she was saying, but rather thinking "yeah, yeah, I don't care, just go away." wink

I hope it makes sense. laugh

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#46404 09/23/07 04:21 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I see what you mean about Tim, Lara. It does make me want to strangle the boy, though. Just a little.

Anyway, I noted your new sig(?):

Valet: Nice car.
Bruce Wayne: You should see my other one.
Too funny! Okay, I have to post some pictures:

[Linked Image]

Nice car....

[Linked Image]

...but you should see his other one!!! rotflol

Ann

#46405 09/24/07 12:29 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"Look, for the last time, I can't let you in!" Tim insisted, exasperated.
Heh, no need to drop names who that's about!

Even if he had landed in the Batcave, what could possibly have led him to believe he belonged there? He was too nice to even fit the Dark Knight's persona. Much too nice.
I have to take out a moment and laught at myself. So THAT'S where the title came from! I thought it was creative, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out what that 'K' had to do with anything LOL.

"Are you saying...? It's true, then, I'm not even... human?"
Oh boy. Break it someone that they aren't technically human...It never bodes well no matter how human they are inside!...Not that I've had experience with this, but I think I can assume *g*

Great part!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#46406 09/27/07 07:17 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
*waves at Jen* Thanks! smile

I have to take out a moment and laught at myself. So THAT'S where the title came from! I thought it was creative, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out what that 'K' had to do with anything LOL.
Actually...

"Nightfall" of course is the asteroid from "All Shook Up".
And "Knightfall" is the title of a series of comics (Batman, of course) -- it tells the story on how Batman had his spine broken by Bane and, of course, how he recovered, later on. Their title was obviously a play on words as well, since it's the "fall of the Dark Knight"...

I just put the K in brackets and told myself it looked smart.

Oooh! And Ann -- THIS is the other car *I'm* thinking about. *drool*

[Linked Image]

#46407 09/27/07 03:10 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Bruce and Tim are lucky Lois didn't karate chop them with they way they dragged out the story!

But neither the way she felt in his arms, nor her perfume, or even the brush of her lips on his skin seemed familiar. There wasn't even a hint of a flashback. Nothing.
whinging

Nice chapter, Lara!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#46408 10/04/07 08:38 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Where did this story go? Where is the last part? eek

You say I'm a witch like it's a bad thing
#46409 10/05/07 01:31 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It's coming, it's coming! RL interfered with my plans a little bit.

But I'm putting the finishing touches to it today, so that means you'll be reading it real soon. smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard