This is the English translation of Dejame que entre dentro de tu corazon or “Let Me Into Your Heart” by Estefi.

Main translation done by Carolyn.
Any and all comments should go to them. smile

Chapter Three

Lois arrived home angry that night, trying to think how she could have let that exclusive slip and, even worse, how it could have been taken up by that amateur who had just gotten to the city.

Lois Lane was an extroverted woman, very involved in her work, but had built a wall around her as shield to protect her heart. She had worked very hard to get where she was now, had to overcome obstacles of all kinds, men included, with whom she didn’t have much luck. To everyone though, she had a tough, strong character, only focused on achieving her goals. But in the inside, she was a woman whose only wish was to meet an extraordinary man--a real man who’d love her for herself and above all, that wouldn’t leave her like her father did because of his work…that wouldn’t be like the others who left after getting in her bed. Her beauty captivated them, but she wouldn’t fall for their charms easily. She’d suffered too much; she wasn’t willing to cry again.

She certainly would not allow some new guy take everything she had worked so hard for. <Who did he think he was? All men were the same, well, everyone except...>

She began thinking about that other guy--the man who had put out the flames by himself and then flown out of the scene. <Who is he? A very handsome man, that’s for sure!>

Lois took the newspaper and read the article written by her rival where he included a supposed interview with that fantastic man. <Superman>

The article explained what happened in the building--how Superman put out the fire and rescued the people there. But there was nothing about where he came from, how he got those superpowers, nothing about him except that he was named Superman.

<What kind of reporter is that Kent? It should have been me interviewing him >

As she dreamed about flying in Superman’s arms, she was ready to wage war against Clark Kent.

The next morning, Perry informed them that the Daily Planet’s sales the previous day had increased in part due to Clark’s article about Superman and the fire. Lois was not about to hold back her criticism.

“The city wants to know who he is--you supposedly had the opportunity to do it and just let it go,” she said.

“The city wants to know everything that happens--you can’t just tell them all at once. What would you write about tomorrow or the day after?” Clark replied defensively.

“Maybe tomorrow or the next day, people will lose interest, because they’ve gotten to know it all by another source--not by the Daily Planet!” Lois attacked again.

“Well, I assure you, nothing’s going to be known about Superman, unless he says so,” Clark said with certainty.

“Oh sure, and he’s going to talk only to you, right?” she retorted sarcastically.

“He’ll speak with who he can trust, to people that won’t misinterpret his words, to people who don’t want to hurt him,” said Kent quietly.

“Who would want to hurt him? Who could?” she said, quick-fire.

“You could hurt people in different ways if you wanted--it’s not limited to the physical,” Clark looked straight into her eyes.

Lois stood still, looking back at Clark. “You think I would hurt him?” she asked calmly.

Clark paused, smiling. “No, of course not. But he’s the one to decide what he’ll say and to whom,” he said, stepping into the elevator.

“Don’t think too highly of yourself. You’re an amateur alone in this city. I’ll get the Superman exclusive,” Lois stepped out of the elevator.

“Thanks for reminding me that I’m alone,” Clark muttered as he saw her disappear into the street.

tbc.....

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png