Next Thread
Print Thread
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Lara! goofy

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful. hyper hyper hyper
I know you guys probably don't know much about Bane
And some of us do. jump

Looking forward to Lois confronting Bruce Wayne.

Framework4
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Heh! Lara! I love the little extra goodies here!!!

Here's a little bit of trivia about Vermillion, South Dakota: it is located about 8 miles away from Spirit Mound, which is one of the many highlights on the Lewis and Clark National Historic Trail. Think about it. Oh... and, here's another bit of trivia for 'ya: Lewis's first name was Meriwether.
Lewis and Clark! Wow, Lara, the time I looked in a historic atlas, where you could see important borders, roads etc. in the past, and I came across the Lewis and Clark trail, I almost fell off my chair! I had to do a little investigation of my own, since Swedish history books don't usually tell Swedish students about Lewis and Clark. Lewis and Clark, boldly going where no non-Indian man had gone before, exploring new lands and new possibilities.... And yup, Lewis's first name was Meriwether. Does that mean that these boards spell the Merriwether awards wrongly? laugh Anyway, I love that you had a piece of the debris from Nightfall land close to the Lewis and Clark trail!

Not that I care that much about who Bane is, but I'm overcome with a geeky giggliness every time I see badguys come across Superman's invulnerability and totally not expecting it:

Still lost in perplexed thoughts and questions, he didn't have time to react when Bane's enormous fist collided with his midsection. He didn't feel a thing, but the same could not be said of the colossus who had chosen him as a target for boxing practice.

"Aaaaaargh!" Bane yelled, clutching his now broken fist to his abdomen.
hyper hyper hyper

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Last thing, because it made me laugh so much that I absolutely had to share... In her beta notes, Jojo mentioned that "Someone should really do a fic where he [Perry] has to prove he can yodel… haha. " – 'ya know... I think it's a *great* idea! Anyone up for that challenge?
Haha! I'm glad that made you laugh. smile For some reason I just had this image of Lois and Clark out on some story and they run across a yodeling contest... and find Perry there.

lol

Also I didn't say it in my beta. But my favorite exchange of the fic so far:

"And are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Oh yeah." Tim chuckled. "He's totally going to ruin your reputation!"
Made me laugh pretty dang hard.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Top Banana
Top Banana
The Daily Planet founder was Joshua Merriweather. Not related to Meriweather Lewis.

When my son was little, he called the series 'Lewis & Clark'.

Clark's thoughts on Batman are priceless.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Lara,

I'm enjoying this story so much. I think it is your best work to date, and since I really loved Reversal of Fortune and All Weathered Out, that's saying something.

I take it that at this point, Bruce doesn't know that Superman is really Clark Kent? Because if he did, it seems like he'd at least be nice enough to call Lois and put her out of her misery. But maybe she'll find out one way or another when she visits Gotham. I really hope so, because you write her despair so well that I'm not sure I can take many more chapters of it!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooh! I love the smell of feedback in the morning. ermm... I mean. *lol* Thank you!!!

DJ - awww! don't be sorry, you send back your betas with lots of giggles and snorts added in it and it's much more entertaining than you think. wink Thanks for getting the thread started, girl!

Patrick - thanks! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who's geeky enough to know all these villains. hehe! I'm thrilled that you're enjoying this story!

Ann! smile Thank you! I'd have to say I'm pretty sure Perry always knew... Only, he's smart and he wouldn't tell anyone that he does. But there are so many times when I got this feeling that he had to have known... I usually end up making it look like he does, because I believe it works with the character.
I'm overcome with a geeky giggliness every time I see badguys come across Superman's invulnerability and totally not expecting it
Oh, goodness, me too!!!
Please let Lois be the one who finds Clark!!!! Please let her find him instead of Batman or Robin! Please? Please? Please? Pretty please?
Tell you what - how about Clark finds them, instead? Would that work? *lol* Not saying I'm going to do that, mind you, but what it? hehe!

Thanks for the comments, Ann!

Jojo! Thanks for giving me the giggles again. *lol*

For some reason I just had this image of Lois and Clark out on some story and they run across a yodeling contest... and find Perry there.
rotflol You have to write this, now, you realize... I'm dying to read it. hehe! And I'm glad you liked the line about Superman ruining Batman's reputation. LOL! I couldn't stop laughing when I thought of it, one day on the bus ride home. People on that bus must think I'm certifiable!!

Dandello - you're right about Joshua Merriweather. I stand corrected. Though it makes me wonder if they didn't call the character that one day they were feeling extremely geeky. *lol* Thanks for the feedback! smile

Lisa - you know what? for some reason I was sure this would be the part where I'd completely lose your interest. I dunno, I have this idea that you're this sweet girl who likes waff more than anything. And this is so not waffy or sweet. LOL! (I can totally hear Lois say "just goes to show how much you do not know me" right now) I'm beyond thrilled that you're still around and that you're really enjoying this story. You have no idea!

Oh, Bruce does know that Clark is Superman. (would you believe I had started out typing Batman, right there?) They figured it out in the "D" story from this series ("Dark Night").
Because if he did, it seems like he'd at least be nice enough to call Lois and put her out of her misery.
hehe. wink He tried. In fact, it's the first thing he did right after he called Tim. But Lois wasn't at the Planet. And she wasn't home, either. How silly of her to be away from the phone at a time like this. wink

This said, considering there's only one chapter left, you won't have to take much more of Lois's misery. *giggles* Just a few lines, at the beginning there. And it'll be all sunshine and blue skies from there. hehehe!

Thanks for the comments everyone!!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It had bothered him, however, that both times he'd shown up on the scene of a crime, the criminals and their victims had seemed to be afraid of him.
*chuckle* Sorry, Clark, but you crashed into the wrong superhero's closet if you're looking for new friends.

What could possibly have possessed her to turn in a piece with only her partner's name on the byline, she wondered? She should have known that this was a bad idea. A very bad idea.
Bad idea indeed, Lois, but good for the story! If this is set in season one like usual, they haven't been working together long enough for her to fudge his style yet...

Tim's jaw dropped as the information suddenly registered in his mind. Could it be that Superman had landed in the cave? They'd been looking for him for days and all the while he'd been there, right under their noses?
She picked up the phone, made travel arrangements for the next morning to go pay Mr. Wayne a visit and, that done, she left the Planet and went home.
Excellent....the hunt for S-Man begins!

And last but not least:
"Oh, god, no!" Lois cried, the phone slipping out of her hand and dropping to the floor with a thud.
Have a little faith, Lois! You're better than they are, anyway!

Great part, Lara!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
A new chapter! What a great way to start the morning.

"What do you mean, why? I'm his partner. I'm not doing anything he wouldn't do if the roles were reversed."

"Well, that, I believe," Perry said with a sigh. "Do me a favor and at least fix the byline on this, Lois..."

"I will, Chief," she said as she turned to exit his office.

"And stop lying to me, for goodness' sake," he added, as an afterthought.
I love that. Especially Perry's "well, that I believe" and I didn't quote it, but Lois waking up alone had me heartbroken too.

And are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Oh yeah." Tim chuckled. "He's totally going to ruin your reputation!"
Hehe!

Great chapter Lara! I really love this story.

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I have this idea that you're this sweet girl who likes waff more than anything
Oh, I am a sweet girl. *bats eyelashes* But sometimes I like a little edge. angel-devil

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sooo.... when we getting 5? huh huh?

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Eeep! Sorry - I was sure I'd said thanks for all of the comments already. Suffering from a brain overload since we went to see "3:10 to Yuma". *lol*

Jen - thanks so much for the fdk! The "wrong superhero's closet" comment really made me giggle! Which makes me wonder, actually... if Sue has Clark visiting her closet, maybe I should check mine for evidence that Bruce has been hiding there. Mmmm....

Laura - thank you! I'm really happy you're enjoying this story. It means a lot to me that people are reading it and having fun with it, too. smile

Lisa... "*bats eyelashes*" ?? Bats have eyelashes? And what do you do with 'em? Make magic potions? ( rotflol )

Jojo - part 5... mm... I'd like to say "soon" but this is going to be a much longer part than I had anticipated. Unless I split it in two parts and make this a 6 parter instead of a 5... ? Either way... um... soon. smile

Columnist
Columnist
Okies, I'm back! And man I have a lot to catch up on, so sorry if this part is kind of hurried!

If this was how everyone was going to react all the time, he'd have to change their perception of Batman, he told himself.
Hehe, I'm sure Bruce would love to be turned into the friendly neighborhood Batman.

"No! No! No! No! No! No! No!" she cried, pounding the pillow that lay by her side on the bed.
Awww, my heart breaks for poor Lois. drool

She was important to him, he could feel it in is gut, but he'd forgotten everything about her.
Awwww!

Another great part! Now to leave FDK for the other parts!

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
If I'd realized (K)nightfall was part of your alphabetical series I would have read it a long time ago... Sorry for coming late to the party, but at least I'm still having a good time.

When my son was little, he called the series 'Lewis & Clark'.
When we talked about Lewis & Clark at school last year, my oldest daughter's eyes got very big. "You mean they're real?" she breathed with awe in her tone. I was confused, but went on with the lesson. The more I talked the more confused she looked. She had totally thought I was talking about Lois and Clark and couldn't understand how they had changed from newspapermen to explorers. lol

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
smile Thanks Jessie!! And thanks Elizabeth, too. Sorry I didn't make it obvious enough that this fit into my series...

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard