Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#45536 08/16/07 08:27 AM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
clap I loved it!

That was an adorable fic! So waffy and full of little surprises. The ending was just perfect!

Nicely done!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awwwww!!!!

Laura, I loved it! It was just perfect. smile

I'm just sorry it ended there - I could have gone on reading this for hours. hehehe! laugh

Thanks for putting a smile back on my face. (it's been that kind of a day...)

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Columnist
Columnist
Ooh a christmas story. I always love those (we didn't have a decent summer here this year, so we better have a white christmas wink )

He was so…well… Clarkish.
The best compliment there exists wink

aaaww that was such sweet ending!!
It was sad that Clark did't get anything, but I really think she got him the perfect present at the end!!

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I agree! This was wonderful-- I think I remember reading it over on fanfiction.net and enjoyed it there as well.

[Linked Image]I have a love/hate relationship with Secret Santa stuff--I think it is a wonderful time, but I'm rotten at coming up with them and even worse at delivering them without being seen. So I do feel a little sympahty for Lois here.

Thanks for posting it! Now, before I send out a hord of my little friends [Linked Image] get back to "Teaching"!! And remember, you MUST give Lois and "Mr. Kent" a happy ending.

sloppy
Vonceil

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lara I have a confession to make. I love Christmas fics more than anything. I'll read christmas fics for fandoms I barely even pay attention to or watch. Sadly, you only find them written right around Christmas and only a few are written each year if any. This leaves me a sad Jojo.

So... getting a Christmas fic in the middle of summer was heaven! So cute and so waffy! I loved it. *sigh* Thanks for sharing.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Columnist
Columnist
yeah this was cute and waffy. I loved it and it was so Lois. thumbsup thumbsup

Loved it.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Laura, that was sooooo cute! You can write a Christmas story any time of the year and I'll read it! Hehe, especially when it's 100 degrees out.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, Laura, that was so beautiful...and not cheesy. I had tears of "aww" in my eyes. I was pretty sure that Clark was Lois's secret Santa, though.

I felt sorry for Clark when he didn't get anything and I was angry at Lois, but I guess it was safe to say that it was well worth the wait!

Nicely written, as usual, Laura.

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Features Writer
Features Writer
“Our life is built on words, Clark. Our jobs, our private correspondence… through it all, it’s our words that intimately connect us,” Lois swallowed hard and continued. “And so that’s what I based my Secret Santa gift on, words. But some words can be empty if not spoken with the right inflection, the right amount of passion. And that’s why I couldn’t leave this note on your desk, or somewhere impersonal. I had to give it to you in person, if only so you could understand that they mean something to me. And it’s my gift to you.”
And there goes the emotional wreck that is Jax, sniffling at work. Aw, Laura! I love it! And being someone whose life is built on words, too, I absolutely loved Lois' words. Great job.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
wildguy wildguy wildguy
Foul, I cry foul!

How can you call a story
Secret Revelations
in this fandom and not have THE Revelation?

“I love you.”
Ok, Lois somehow wakes up and is willing to admit to being in love with Clark. But nothing in the story lets us see her internal awareness growing. So the revelation in this tale is a hard left turn without warning. wildguy

Besides you've left poor Clark hanging in the wind. How is he ever going to come clean to Lois about Superman at this point?

Framework4
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Awwwwww, so sweet!!! <happy sigh>

I aboslutely loved it, too. And just think how educational it is to read fanfic! I had never heard of this Secret Santa stuff before!

I could sympathize with Lois, though (like I always do wink ). I mean, what would you have given to Clark? A yellow rose? Not after Lois had gotten one herself. A red rose? Surely it was better to give Clark that envelope and her declaration of love in the privacy of her apartment. (Okay, okay, I know what I would have given to Clark, honestly... a really loud Christmas tie! goofy But you know what? I think Clark would have preferred the envelope from Lois over that Christmas tie a hundred times over.)

Anyway, ahhh!!!! It was so waffy!!!! Like Lara, I was sorry to see it end. Bring on the waff, I tell you! Bring it on!!! sloppy

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Ee! Thanks guys! I was nervous I'd be thrown out. Christmas in August??? But I'm glad you guys are crazy like me. laugh I used to pull out old Christmas home videos and watch them in July. I was like 10... and it was my favorite pasttime. *Shakes head*

Symbolicangel- Yay! Glad you liked it and were surprised. laugh Someone commented on ff.net that it seemed like Clark helped Jimmy with his secret santa presents, lol. Maybe that was true.

Laramoon-- Aww, I'm sorry. I hate those "days." I'm glad I could help you out of it, just a little.

Another folc-- Aww. Clarkish is the best compliment! Though I can't see me saying it to someone and seeing them understand, lol.

Vonceil--
I'm rotten at coming up with them and even worse at delivering them without being seen. So I do feel a little sympahty for Lois here
Oh man, me too! Like I love it in theory and I can apparently write fan fiction presents just fine, lol. But when it comes to real life, I'm terrible.

Jojo--
This leaves me a sad Jojo.
Oh no! Not a sad Jojo! But I know what you mean. Do you think if I issued a "write a Christmas story in August" challenge people would think I was a nutjob? laugh

Tahu-- Thanks! laugh

JD- I so agree.

Sheila-- Aww, thanks! Thank YOU for always writing such nice feedback.

EditorJax--

And there goes the emotional wreck that is Jax, sniffling at work.
And here's Laura sniffling at Jax's words! Thank you!

Patrick-- Eep! *runs from guys with sticks* There wasn't THE revelation because... I can't have Lois angry at Christmas! That'd be wrong! It's a happy time. wink

TOC-- Never heard of Secret Santa?! Oh no! It is a fun tradition. But I'm really terrible at it, lol. Yay for waff!!! I loooove waff. Thanks so much for the feedback!

Thank you everyone!

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh no! Not a sad Jojo! But I know what you mean. Do you think if I issued a "write a Christmas story in August" challenge people would think I was a nutjob?
Maybe but you would have a happy Jojo. ^_^

Maybe someone could nudge Wendy into writing one since she wrote so many... *sniff* pipe dreams I know since she has moved onto other fandoms... but one can dream.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by jojo_da_crow:
Oh no! Not a sad Jojo! But I know what you mean. Do you think if I issued a "write a Christmas story in August" challenge people would think I was a nutjob?
Maybe but you would have a happy Jojo. ^_^
...and a happy Lara, too. *giggles* I'd read Christmas stories all year long - they always make me smile. smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
A
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A
Loved it--and I especially long for Christmas at this time of year. smile

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Beautiful!

But there was a part of me that longed for Lois to babble through the heart-ache of trying to be a perfect Secret Santa, but how she knew Clark really knew how to be a Secret Santa and she could never make Christmas as wonderful for Clark as Clark really deserved it to be. Besides, she tried; she really tried, but he was looking at her when she tried to sneak over to his desk, so what else could she do? She ate the candy bar. And who wouldn't have eaten the candy bar, since secrets like that are meant to be honored. Besides, it wasn't her favorite candy bar, which only goes to show that she really had Clark in mind the whole time.

Somehow the thought of Jimmy giving Lois a yellow rose feels different than Clark doing it. But all is fair in love and Secret Santas.

Elisabeth

Kerth
Kerth
What a sweet little story, and so welcome in this 100 degree heat we've had all week! thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Sorry I'm late, Laura. I have no idea how I missed this! Thank goodness for TOCs.

Clark had already started scribbling a list of ideas.
He has Lois, doesn't he?

Clarkish. It wasn’t a word, but it should be. “Characterizes sweetness personified.”
Awww!

She’d have felt perfectly fine with getting Ralph or Whats-His-Name from sports the whatever bestseller that was out, but Clark?
I can identify with this. My husband is amazing in the gift department, but I never can think of anything good.

Yellow is for friendship. And a rose deserves a rose. Have a good day.
-Your Secret Santa
Yep, Clark had Lois! (Right?)

She hadn’t really done anything for him… well, she had allowed him to put the byline as Kent and Lane for once instead of the other way around, but that had really been because of the outcome of a bet lost a week or so ago.
LOL!

(Perry) glanced at his desk, which someone had recently organized. His shelves were now all neatly labeled, the clutter gone and a bag of cinnamon gummy bears, his absolute favorite, occupied the space on the newly polished cherry wood of his desk.
I don't know... maybe Clark has Perry. I can't imagine Jimmy organizing Perry's desk! And then Perry or Jimmy has Lois? ... Why don't I stop trying to guess and just read the fic?

Jimmy had to have gotten some of those ideas from Clark!

He opened the paper—the words on the page were nearly as brief as that first letter. But Clark suddenly dropped the paper with a gasp, his gaze immediately locking on Lois’ piercing brown one.

A moment later he had pulled her to him and they were kissing, a sweet, gentle kiss that portrayed both pent up emotion and deep and mutual love.

The paper fluttered unheeded to the ground, the simple words without traditional eloquence, but yet no less meaningful. The couple on the couch continued to kiss, finding the solace both had sought for years. A breeze from the window pushed the paper up against the couch, face up. Lois’ Secret Santa gift for Clark, a gift of three words and yet so much more than that.

“I love you.”
whinging

This was great, Laura. I loved it! clap

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Merriwether
Merriwether
Clarkish - I like that!

That was so sweet.

Over a couple desks, Jimmy Olsen unwrapped his first present, a pack of baseball games and gave a delighted laugh. He hadn’t owned baseball cards in a long time. Ignoring the stack of work mounting beside him, he ripped open the casing and spent the next hour carefully examining each one, unable to keep the grin off his face.
Pack of baseball games?

Jimmy received some really neat gifts and what Clark did for Perry was really thoughtful and awesome.

Gee, for some reason I feel pressure to do better as a Secret Santa this year!! It's a hard thing to do when you don't really know one's co-workers.

Clark Kent hadn’t cared when he hadn’t received a gift, that she was still certain of. But he was devastated when it appeared that his partner hadn’t cared about him enough to even extend an effort.

And when he finally met her eyes and his forced smile faded, Lois felt like the lowest life form on the planet.
AWWW poor Clark. Poor Lois that she is such a icky situation. mecry

Lois shifted anxiously from one foot the other, seemingly wrestling with her conscious.

“I’m sure,” a beat passed and Lois seemed to come to a decision. Standing on her tip-toes, she pressed a light kiss to his cheek. “Thank you Clark.”
Awww, what is she upto!

That’s what I wanted to tell you, I didn’t forget… I have… I have a gift for you, and it’s not just your Christmas gift, because I have that too,” Lois held up the box and gave him a quick smile. “My Secret Santa gift to you, well, isn’t so secret anymore, obviously. But that’s not all, it… you might not want it. And that’s what scares me the most.”
I was thinking, what on Earth did she get/do?! I was hoping she'd do something to show her feelings.

A breeze from the window pushed the paper up against the couch, face up. Lois’ Secret Santa gift for Clark, a gift of three words and yet so much more than that.

“I love you.”
jump that I am all smiles. That's good! I didn't know she'd so something so basic yet something that is SO big!

I'm sad to see it end and I'm happy that you wrote it. Thanks.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard