I'm new here, and I'm new with fanfic. so give me some time. and please be nice to me :p

this fic is set in season two.

RATING: everything.

Feed Back is most definitely appreciated.

-------------------------------

NEW YORK CITY, NY 4:48 AM

She sits in the darkness in the corner. Waiting. Just waiting for that phone call. She gets up and reaches for the phone. Maybe she set the ringer off or set the volume on low and she didn't hear it when it rang. Seeing that the ringer was actually on and the volume was set on high, she went to check her machine for any messages. Maybe he called while in the shower. There was no new voicemail.

"This is getting ridiculous!"

Just then the phone rang, she quickly went to answer without bothering to see the caller ID.

"Yeah?"

"It's me...” the caller answered.

"When?"

"In an hour, which means you need to leave now. I already called a cab for you."

Just then she heard the buzzer. Out of habit she went to the window to check out the car as he said "See if it's actually the cab driver..."

"I know that. Who do you think I am anyway? It's the cab." the buzzer rang again as she went to answer it.

"I'll be right there... " She told the speaker.

“So you’re all packed?” the man on the phone asked.

“Yeah I’m all set.”

“All right, call me when you get there. And be careful-“

“Look, Mike. I really appreciate this. I mean you’re going above and beyond for me, and I just wanna say thank you.” She said in a low voice, staring at a picture of herself when she was a kid in her neighbors’ farm.

“Sure thing, it’s my job.” She rolled her eyes at that. <He’s just never going to change is he?> And released the breath she’d been holding with a sigh.

“You need to go. You’re already late as it is. No need to be more late than you already are.”

“Just out of curiosity, where am I going?” she asked.

METROPOLIS, NEW TROY 10:21 AM

“God this Pratt guy is a pain in my *** !” Lois said as she turned the page of the New York Times and continued reading at the Daily Planets’ break room.

“Why is that exactly?” Clark said as he joined her at the table and setting their coffees down.

The Daily Planet newsroom was bustling with it’s usual activity, phones ringing and people screaming for information, the sound of fingertips touching the keyboard as people wrote the daily news, and of course the usual complaint about the copy machine running out of paper. But to Clark it was the best of time for him. It was at this time that he was at the top of his game. Wanting to outwit the competition, or more simply just have breakfast with his friends.

“Because he’s been getting the headlines for a long time, and he just got the scoop for a multi-million dollar money fraud. That’s just too good. There has to be something wrong with him.”
She said as she picked up her coffee to take a small sip.

“ummm.. Call me what ever you want. But isn’t that…what you’ve been doing lately?”

“Actually-“

“Who are we talking about?” Jimmy said as he and Cat joined them at the table with a couple of donuts and his usual bottle of juice.

“Chris Pratt.” Lois said as she took a donut from the donut box and handing one to Clark, smiling his thanks, he took a healthy bite.

“Good writer,” Jimmy said.

“Too good is what it is.”

“Jealous Lois?” Cat said with a smug smile.

“Puh-lease. Give me some credit. He’s just lucky he’s not in Metropolis.”

Clark lowered his head, as he couldn’t stop the smile from appearing on his face. “What are you laughing at?” Lois asked as she noticed his shoulders shaking from laughter.

“Nothing, it’s just that Chris is actually-“

“OK people staff meeting!” yelled out Perry and went into the conference room without waiting.

An hour later Clark walks out of the conference room in time to hear his phone ringing.

“Clark Kent” he starts,

“I thought that since Superman lives here, everything here would be all sunshine and rainbows and kittens and all that crap. But NO! People are meaner that ever before. I walk here and almost get run down by a man who drives over a red light and he has the nerve to flip me off! I have a twenty-minute argument with him, and almost have a fistfight with a two hundred pound gorilla. And trust me, I would’ve won. But that’s not the point, I heard that Superman usually broke up fights on a regular basis, and when he didn’t show I thought there was some disaster, like an earth quake in Indonesia or another flood in where ever! And I find out that he was busy with another job.” The person on the phone and in front of him said as she vaguely pointed to the conference and all he could do was smile at that as she kept rambling.

“But who cares? Disaster averted... nobody died, except maybe the guy wouldn’t be able to father children, but whose fault is that? Anyway that’s not the point. Since the reason I came here to this hellhole was to have lunch with my only love, Clark Kent. What do you say? Have lunch with me?” she said with a beautiful smile.

All Clark could do was put the phone back in its cradle and smile at her, as the whole newsroom kept watching and waiting for his reaction.

“I need a hug first before I make any decisions,” Clark said with a teasing smile as he opened his arms for the hug that he was sure was about to come.

Sure enough she came into his arms at an almost run and picked her up easily. God he never knew he could miss someone this much. She hugged him back with equal enthusiasm.

“I’m gonna kiss you, you know”

“I’d be disappointed if you didn’t”

She lowered her mouth to his, and gave him a sweet gentle kiss on the lips, which he responded to, she lifted her head and continued to hug each other.

“Oh god I think I just felt my rib breaking,” she whispered in his ear.

He set her down quickly down and apologized quickly with worry in his eyes.

“Relax I was just teasing!”

“Haha you’re funny” with a serious face.

“I know, I learned that from you.” She said with laughter showing on her face.

“Come on, I want you to meet everyone.” He said as he steered her to the three people who were staring, but turned their gazes away and looking at anything but the couple that were heading their way.

“All right guys, I’d like you to meet my friend. Chris meet everybody. Everybody this is Chris Pratt.”

----------------------
To Be Continued...

[Changing header of post to reflect new title of story, so readers can easily find all of the parts - LabRat ]

Sarah,

Tempus: You want to know the future, Miss Lane? No one works, no one argues, there are 9,000 channels and nothing on!