Print Thread
#45289 08/08/07 09:52 AM
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Wow, Barbara! What a chapter! The way you wrote Lois and Clark in bed together, shy, but filled with love for each other, was so beautiful. Their kisses were passionate, but somehow almost even more wonderfully affectionate and tender. Considering how confused Clark is, it felt so right that they would take things exactly as far as you allowed them to take them. I wasn't going to quote, but this is very beautifully written:

It was as if someone had given her a push, making her cross the threshold she had fled so many times. Lois turned her head and felt the light caress of his hand in her face as she brought his palm to her mouth. Placing a light kiss in it, she glanced at the gorgeous man beside her. It seemed to Lois as if he belonged there, his chest under hers. All doubt she might have felt was replaced by a sudden jolt of incredible contentment. She tasted the faint saltiness of his skin and was amazed how soft it was. Had she ever felt male hands that were as smooth as Clark's? She couldn't think of anyone. He had to be a tender lover and she was tempted to find out.

Slowly, he traced the lines of her lips not missing a single spot on them. Lois shivered at his touch. Her lips tingled with anticipation as he gently drew her towards him. Briefly before their lips could meet they stilled. For a moment they drowned in each other's eyes, their faces barely an inch apart. Both were searching for any hint of disapproval. It didn't take more than a blink to convince them that their feelings were mutual. Then Clark closed the distance between them. His touch was soft, almost shy at first. His tongue grazed her mouth, lingering between her slightly open lips before he gently slid between them. Lois welcomed the silky intruder with a low moan that escaped from the depths of her throat. She felt his caresses and soon their tongues were moving in a slow seductive dance.
Jimmy calls to prevent them from going too far on their first morning together. But what he has to tell them is more than shocking:

“You… you've gotta see that…it's…it's…” his voice cracked as he was trying to say it. “Just turn on the news,” he then ordered, giving up on explaining something to her that he wasn't capable of putting into words.

“Okay, I'll do it, Jimmy. Which channel?” she wanted to know as she got up and walked over to Clark's living room.

“Doesn't matter,” Jimmy replied briefly and fell silent.
eek

And what all the channels are reporting live is that...

Superman was dead.
Well, we know that he isn't dead since Clark is alive, and Clark is Superman. On the other hand, Clark admittedly seems to have misplaced his powers. During all my years as a reader of Superman comic books, I have certainly come across stories where Clark and Superman have been separated into two persons, superpowered Superman and non-superpowered Clark. If you somehow managed to actually split Clark/superman into two persons - I have absolutely no idea how you could do that in a moderately serious and not too wildly comic book-y story - then yes, you could kill Superman while keeping Clark alive. So I guess it is faintly possible that the dead guy that is being carried away is indeed Kal Superman El.

Hmmmm. Your fic is called Separate Lives, Barbara. Eh. Do I begin to guess what that title could refer to?

Ann

#45290 08/08/07 12:13 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Queen of the cliffhanger strikes again! Wow Barbara. This sentence still hunts me, even if I knew it would come. "Superman is dead" and we have to wait to find out how it'll be solved. And what does it mean? What happened to Clark?

I love this story and it is so full of emotion and love and angst. I love it.

So come back to solve the mysteries. thumbsup

#45291 08/08/07 02:59 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow! I don't know what to say. Superman dead? So is this Clark our Clark? He certainly seems to know that he belongs with Lois. Bit then, Superman should be minus the memories and not Clark. Clark Kent is the real person with the history. But maybe that's why Clark felt a need to help the man in the alley before Lois took him away.

The bed scene was just so beautiful, intimate but withiut sex. Lois and Clark made love with their hearts. They had an understanding ofeach other.
“Don’t go,” he pleaded. “Not because of me, Lois.”

“But…” she disagreed.

“What is this about, Lois? My bed is big enough and now that I’m awake I can move over to one side and you can have the other. Which one do you prefer?” He looked into her eyes and despite the darkness he could see the doubt in them. She didn’t seem to know which decision to make and he could practically see her inner struggle. Everything about her stance showed Clark that she didn’t really want to leave him. But she didn’t seem to think this was reasonable. Her fingers were playing with the blanket as her heart was fighting with her mind. There was no way to tell which side would win.

“I…” Her voice trailed off as if she had thought that her inner war was over, when just one battle had been won.

“I’m not going to do anything you don’t want me to do,” he said, hoping this was going to help her. In fact he was far too tired to try anything, though he wasn’t sure this would still be true if she really pleaded with him to hold her tightly; to love her. He couldn’t have explained why he felt like this. All he knew was that being with her was the most incredible thing imaginable, even if she beat him up in the throes of a nightmare. “So which side is it?”

“The right one,” Lois replied shyly and he could vaguely discern that she lowered her glance to the floor. With a nod he moved over to the left, unsure whether she could have seen it. Clark noticed that his feet were cold and with a sigh he slipped under the blanket, lifting the other side of it up for Lois to join him.
This was so sweet, Clark persuading Lois to trust his honour. And she did.
“Would… would you hold me in your arms?” she asked, sounding embarrassed by her own question.

“Of course,” Clark murmured.
And then making herself totally vulnearable to him. Clark can now cancel the doubt that he had regarding Lois's feelings for him.
She swallowed hard and before Lois really knew it, she tasted his lips, felt their tenderness under hers. Stirring slightly, Clark opened his mouth to welcome her and she felt the light, lingering brush of his tongue against hers. He tasted like chili chocolate, spicy and sweet. It was incredible. Lois knew she had kissed him before, but right now it had an air of the forbidden. She wasn’t doing something two adults had consented to, like Clark would probably have put it. No, Lois Lane was being reckless in a completely new area. She hadn’t made a list weighing the pros and cons; she hadn’t discussed this with Clark. At any other time, she was jumping head first into disaster, but for quite some time now Lois hadn’t dared to even dip her toe into the pool of love.

Lois felt Clark responding to her touch and his caressing hand wandered from her arm over to her back. A soft moan indicated that Clark became more alert as Lois started to nuzzle his neck, following through with her earlier fantasy. He felt good, addictive. Lois wasn’t sure what would happen if Clark became fully awake. The prospect made her slightly nervous, because she didn’t know how far she was ultimately willing to take this. Right now she was the one deciding things, but that could change quickly.
Ummm..so sensual...just so much passion.

And then...
“I love you,” Lois said and almost flinched as she heard her own voice form this confession.
I couldn't believe it. Lois told him. But then, that DAMN Jimmy...

Well done, Bakasi. You stepped up to our expectations. We're standing by, tapping our feet...waiting for your next post.

BRAVA!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#45292 08/08/07 04:29 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow, wow and wow! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#45293 08/09/07 06:20 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I'm blown away! party

Do I begin to guess what that title could refer to?
Yeah, Ann, you might.

I'm glad you liked the bed scene. Actually it wouldn't have been that long without Nancy. She encouraged me to write more, which I didn't dare to do, because this, after all, is the gfic section. Actually she deserves the praise ;)Such a pity, she isn't there lately.

I couldn't believe it. Lois told him. But then, that DAMN Jimmy...
Yeah, Sheila. It *had* to be Jimmy. wink

Wow, wow and wow!
Thanks, Laura. I'm honoured

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#45294 08/09/07 06:26 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Make that five. Sorry I'm late. blush

Another great part. Things were just starting to get interesting til Jimmy went and ruined it - again. I might crack the whip a little for that, but otherwise no complaints here. laugh

Now what's up with Clark? Have you split him in two? eek Put him back together again, quick!

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#45295 08/10/07 05:09 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Thanks, gr8shadesofElvis for making it five smile Glad you like the story smile1

#45296 08/10/07 09:29 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#45297 08/10/07 12:30 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
No, I didn't try to strangle you for stopping where you did, but I did rant on to my husband for five minutes about it! What a cliffhanger! You are EVIL!

(More, please!)

#45298 08/11/07 02:26 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Oh, your poor husband. But I'm rather impressed that my fic had such an effect on you, cookiesmom. I hope, you did not just rant about it, but also like the more waffy parts wink

Thanks for your feedback. And thanks to Maria as well!

Superman was set up with kryptonite and change with Barry the double?
Yay, Maria, another theory!!! Actually, I'm amazed that this really works out and keeps you guessing. dance

If you somehow managed to actually split Clark/superman into two persons
I like that one, too, Ann. You're with Pam here. She favors the "Jeckyll and Hide" theory.

#45299 08/11/07 02:42 AM
Columnist
Columnist
yeah I still believe in the Jekyll & Hyde theory. Only this can explain why Superman should be dead and Clark is vulnerable. But you could prove me wrong. laugh

#45300 08/12/07 09:35 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Bakasi, you really need to change your nick. Queen of Cliffhangers is more than just appropriate. And we can always call you Queenie. That should solve our little "baksi-problem" quite nicely.

So, for real feedback. (Better late than never...)

Putting his inhibitions aside for a moment, Clark placed a gentle kiss on her forehead before he called her name.

“Lois, wake up, you are having a nightmare.” He needed to repeat that several times, shaking her softly, before she opened her eyes. Startled she almost jumped out of bed, hitting Clark’s head and his hurt side in the process.
I love the way Clark reacts. So super-sweet. Really. And Lois reaction - well, what did you expect? That's just like her.

“I’m not going to do anything you don’t want me to do,” he said, hoping this was going to help her. In fact he was far too tired to try anything, though he wasn’t sure this would still be true if she really pleaded with him to hold her tightly; to love her. He couldn’t have explained why he felt like this. All he knew was that being with her was the most incredible thing imaginable, even if she beat him up in the throes of a nightmare. “So which side is it?”
Well, he sure remembers how to treat Lois. And this reference to him being too tired - I bet he could muster some reserves if need be. drool

She needed to tell Clark that she loved him, like she had wanted to do since she had found that he was missing. But she didn’t know how she was going to do that. There were some confessions to make if she honestly wanted to take their relationship to the next step. She wasn’t sure yet if she really could admit to Clark how stupid she had been. It was another problem she needed to solve and unfortunately Clark wasn’t the right person to help her in this case. But she didn’t need to know that answer tonight, she decided wearily and lulled by Clark’s even breathing, Lois closed her eyes as well.
Oh, Lois, do it! Get up your courage and just do it!

A light pressure against her side reminded her that she wasn’t alone in bed. Just in the second before she wanted to jump out of it, Lois remembered who was lying next to her and relaxed.
It's good to see that her reaction changed. I like her not jumping out of bed.

Clark however hadn’t even tried to seduce her. He just held her; nothing else and still was there. Any other man wouldn’t have been patient like that, would have expected something from her that she wasn’t sure she was ready to give. A little embarrassed Lois noticed that she had practically given Clark an invitation to go further. She hadn’t really thought of what it would imply if she took her pants off. She had just been tired and eager to get a little more comfortable. Had he been he perfect gentleman because he didn’t want her? The nagging thought refused to subside and Lois bit her lip to keep from crying out her despair. She didn’t want to be rejected, not again, not like this, not by this man. Who, if not he, could be the person that made her complete?
Finally, she sees the light. Yes, Clark is definitely not what you'd call your typical male. wink And he sure wouldn't reject her. Not in this lifetime. Neither in any other.

Lois realized she wasn’t prepared to deal with the consequences of sharing Clark’s bed. He had kept his promise; he hadn’t forced himself on her. He just continued to caress her lightly in feathery moves that made her breathing shallow and her head dizzy. Her fingers itched to trace the outline of his muscular chest, to return some of the pleasure he was giving her. She wanted to bury her face in the crook of his neck and wished he would caress more than just her arm. Suddenly, the idea of taking things further didn’t seem all that scary anymore.
Awww! And "aww" again! This is so incredibly sweet. I love the sweet innocence in this situation as well as Lois' change of heart. Of course there's nothing scary about taking things further. At least not with Clark.

Lois felt Clark responding to her touch and his caressing hand wandered from her arm over to her back. A soft moan indicated that Clark became more alert as Lois started to nuzzle his neck, following through with her earlier fantasy. He felt good, addictive. Lois wasn’t sure what would happen if Clark became fully awake. The prospect made her slightly nervous, because she didn’t know how far she was ultimately willing to take this. Right now she was the one deciding things, but that could change quickly.
More awww! drool drool

Clark wasn’t sure if he was actually awake. Reality just couldn’t be so heavenly. He felt as if his heart would burst with happiness. This was bliss. He couldn’t get enough of the honey-like taste of her lips. Clark was lost in Lois, lost in the tenderness of her touch and the silkiness of her skin under his fingers. Everything around him had vanished into a haze, but he couldn’t care less as long as Lois was there. She felt so small and vulnerable in his arms and he wanted nothing more than to hold and protect her.
Even more aww. Incredibly sweet.

“I love you,” Lois said and almost flinched as she heard her own voice form this confession.
Finally! You did it, girl!

Lois didn’t notice how the receiver slipped from her hands and fell to the floor. She just stood there, her mouth gaping open as the same pictures were repeated over and over again. The stretcher in the dark alley, the coroner’s van, an interview with a policeman… The news anchor tried to put the message into different words, but he still meant the same.

Superman was dead.
jawdrop Oops. That doesn't sound good, does it? So get back here! I sure want to read "more, more, more" of this!

Just wanted to mention that I'll put all my toys back into place, though I'm not particularly famous for being tidy. wink
Oh-oh. I sure hope you're going to make an exception and be very tidy. Thoroughly tidy. We all want Clark Superman Kent back!

Hope you (and your betas) won't be too busy for too long!

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#45301 08/13/07 05:28 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Bakasi, you really need to change your nick. Queen of Cliffhangers is more than just appropriate. And we can always call you Queenie. That should solve our little "baksi-problem" quite nicely.
Ahh, that complaint again. Mellie, you know that people usually don't make up their nicknames themselves (or they wouldn't end up being called "Klodienst".) But at least I know now that I've got a pretty good way to blackmail you into not calling me "Barbie". I'd just stop posting this fic. wink

Oh-oh. I sure hope you're going to make an exception and be very tidy. Thoroughly tidy. We all want Clark Superman Kent back!
Oh, yes, I'll be tidy, I promise. Just let me mess up things a bit more before I'll start cleaning up. drool </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You post a smiley drooling at the things Clark will dream about? Shall I be worried?

Thanks for all this wonderful feedback. I'll be back with more as soon as I manage to look over that last part once again.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard