#45264 08/07/07 08:38 PM
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'll cut straight to the chase. This is my favorite quote from this part:

“Lois, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry.” He was crying too. “I'm sorry I didn't find you sooner. I'm sorry I didn't realize she wasn't you, didn't start looking for you sooner. I didn't know what to do. I looked and looked everywhere. I couldn't find you. I couldn't find you.”

“Ssshh,” she soothed as her own tears ebbed.
I, too, wish he could have found her so much sooner. It seems to me that he almost should have been able to. Okay, you made it extremely hard for him... but....

But Lois doesn't think he let her down. And seeing his tears makes her forget her own. So beautiful. *sniffle*

But, wait! That part I just quoted is not my favorite after all. This one is my favorite:

“I never told you. I wanted us to go slow. I was such a fool, trying to start at the beginning of a relationship without realizing that we were already in the middle of one. I was so sure I knew what was best for us. And then you were gone and I never told you. I was so scared, all the lies, so many years. Mom told me that you already knew. That you'd know all along that I was Superman. And you never let on to anyone, you just protected my secret. All my reasons for keeping us apart were stupid, because they weren't even real. I'm so sorry Lois. I sorry I never told you I was Superman, and most of all I'm sorry I never told you that I love you. I love you so much!”
It was really hard for him to find Lois, and he searched for her so desperately and really did his best to find her, so I can't blame him for not finding her sooner. But what about not telling her his secret sooner??? mad

Aaaaahh!!! I always hate his lies to her. And more often than not, he has no good reason for lying. He is lying out of old habit. He is lying because he doesn't trust her. He is lying because he wants to keep her at arm's length, so that he doesn't have to share himself completely with her. He is lying because he is scared that she will get angry and leave him. He is a coward, he is selfish and he doesn't trust or respect her. Yes, he'd better apologize to her!!! mad

Ah, but... he did apologize. And it was so heartfelt, and he was so sorry. I'm so glad he did. And I'm so glad he told her that he loves her.

But can she believe that he loves her? Now?
“N-n-not no-ow,” she burst out, her tears beginning again.
clap

She had to admire his concentration, but she really wanted to distract him at the moment. She wanted to know that she could. That he was still attracted to her. There were so many people hanging around in that hospital. And it wasn't like she could just ask him. She laid her head back on his shoulder and felt his body relax against her. She smiled to herself. So he thought she was giving up, did he? Her hand that had lain so innocently began to trace the outline of his muscles underneath the blue spandex. Her mind went back to the night he had been stretched out asleep in front of her TV, the pectoral muscles, and the six pack that had been revealed to her gaze. Her hand wandered with her thoughts.
Aaaawwww!!! Yes, he has told her that he loves her, and he undoubtedly cares for her. But is he still attracted to her? No wonder Lois wants to find out!

“High. . .er.”

“Huh?” He was distracted from his musings.

“Please,” she asked.

“Lois, I don't-“

Her hands grabbed his cheeks and turned his head to look at her. “*P-p-please*,” she begged.

“What about your family and the staff waiting for us?”

She huffed, “D-d-don't care.”

He laughed then. “I'm never going to win any of our arguments, am I?”

“Nope.”
I love it! She is back in fighting form! laugh

Keeping a strong arm around her, Clark let her slide down to “stand” on his boots. His eyes met hers. “Is this what you had in mind?”

“Alm-mo-ost.” She pushed against his boots to bring herself even closer to him and lifted her face to his.

He groaned and met her kiss hungrily. When her legs gave out, he just pulled her tighter to him.
Awwww!!!! This scene seems to be taken straight out of "Superman Returns". Except that Lois is so incredibly much weaker and hurt and battered here than she ever was in SR. And except that they have both confessed their love for each other here, which they also didn't do in SR.

You ended this chapter on a very positive note. But please, RKN, I want Lois to improve dramatically in part nine. Please? Pretty please?

Ann

#45265 08/09/07 06:30 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Got no time to post unfortunately, but I really enjoyed this. Sad, and real. frown

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#45266 08/09/07 01:23 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm so glad that Lois is finally awake and whats best of all no amnesia in sight though the brain inplants are way creepy. Its nice to see that things are prgressing and I really hope that Lois will get back to normal soon. I love the waffy moments in this part, they were just so sweet and neccessary after so much angst. Not complaining though, angst is my bread and butter, waffyness is my cheesecake goofy .

Ambar who hopes you post the next part really soon.

Procrastinators unite! Tomorrow.
#45267 08/11/07 10:18 AM
Columnist
Columnist
I started reading this story back when the first part was posted--then I got distracted! blush

I just read all 8 parts at once and I loved each and every one of them. I've let too much time pass in reading your story, so I don't have time to offer much fdk right now, but I wanted to let you know that you didn't lose me as a reader. I just got lost along the way!

Looking forward to more!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard