T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
“We want to get married again as soon as possible, right?”

“Yes, of course we do...”

“But if we tried to get married in Metropolis, there would be a several month waiting period. Smallville, on the other hand...”

“Are you sure they'd let you book so soon?”

“Honey, it's a small country town. The church always keeps a spot open for, ahem, shotgun weddings.” Lois couldn't help but laugh.
Shotgun weddings! I can't help laughing either. laugh

Two people were sitting at her kitchen table, deep in conversation. One of them was Clark, but the woman with him was a total stranger. A total stranger who looked like she'd been the victim of a very recent beating.

They hadn't seen her yet, so she decided to keep watching. There seemed to be something subtly different about Clark. Was he sitting up straighter? The last time she'd seen him, he'd been hopeful about his future, but unsure. Now, well...it was as if he'd not only found his niche, but also gotten totally comfortable with it.

What *wasn't* subtle was that he was utterly, happily in love. She'd wondered, from time to time, whether she'd ever see Clark with that look on his face. She couldn't help smiling.

But what about the woman he was in love with? Martha studied the stranger in her kitchen. Would this woman be worthy of her son's attention? She seemed very...intense. Every inch a professional city girl. Yet...when she looked at Clark...it all seemed to soften, just a bit. She also seemed vaguely familiar, although Martha couldn't think why. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad.

A fragment of conversation drifted out to her. “We need to do something about those frozen Nazis,” the woman said, pointing at a page of the scrapbook that was lying on the table between them.

Then again, maybe it would.
Ah! I love Martha watching and contemplating her son, his obvious happiness, and the weird woman he is with! laugh

“It's like Chutes & Ladders,” Lois added. “He and I have done this before. We met, and slowly became partners, and friends, and went through a *lot* before we finally got married, so it was like in the game, moving up one box at a time. But then one day...”

“Everything changed.” Clark shrugged helplessly. “And suddenly we were back here.”

“We hit a really long chute,” Lois explained. As if that actually made sense. “And we slid way back down the board. So, even though it seems we only met four days ago...”

“It's really been four years.”
Eeeek! I've never heard of Chutes & Ladders, and that stuff about hitting a really long chute - yep, if I'd been Martha, I'd have thought they were certifiably insane! eek

“We need to go over Mr. Irig's field with a fine tooth-combed comb -- and when I say "we' Clark, I mean "me'.”
Stop! Stop! Lois, aren't you pregnant? With a half-Kryptonian daughter? What is she going to say if you drag her out onto a Kryptonite-strewn field?

“Yes, dear. At least you won't lie about that "like a brother' stuff again.”

“I wasn't lying,” Lois said with dignity. There was a pause, and then she continued. “I was just deluded.”
rotflol

“I did this for *you*, Lex,” she answered. Such sweet sentiment.

“And you've been paid very well,” Lex said, not wanting such sentiment from Antoinette. “In fact, your final instalment is waiting for you in the helicopter. Proceed as planned. I promise there will be no loose ends."
Ah gaaaahhhh! There is something about having 20/20 hindsight!

Are you going to let Clark and Lois do everything all over again? Dealing with Luthor, Miranda, Deter and the rest? Wow! Well, forewarned is forearmed... but will it always be enough?

And I'm so eager to find out how long it will be until Lois starts to show. But before that you'll have to get them a shotgun wedding(!) and an apartment. You'll have your work cut out for you, Sammy! laugh

Ann

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
It was great! Please give us another installment soon!

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
“We need to do something about those frozen Nazis,”...
“Clark, we can get your spaceship!”...

"What about Miranda?"...

“Speaking of which, I really want to do something about Deter.”...

"Think we can do Nightfall a little better this time?"...
Cute, but they are going to be kicking themselves everytime they miss something.

Framework4
Columnist
Columnist
I only missed one part while I was on vacation! That's good to hear smile
You know how I feel about lying.”
Really wonderfully said!
She couldn’t help smiling.
I wonder what she'll say when she hears they're gonna get married!
Would this woman be worthy of her son’s attention?
I just had to say this: OFCOURSE.
The woman at the table stood, holding her hand to her mouth. For half a second. “Oh, Martha, I interrupted you. I’m sorry, it’s just that when I saw you it reminded me of Jason Mazic, and we *definitely* do not want to go through that again.”
goofy !That makes me wonder how Jonathan may react!

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
Top Banana
Top Banana
“I’ll have to introduce you to Dad a little later,” Clark continued, with a note of teasing in his voice. “But right over there...” he pointed to the living room, “is the fax machine.”
rotflol I love this.

“Speaking of which, I really want to do something about Deter.”

Lois groaned. “Seriously.” Her voice perked up as she added, “Think I can punch him again? He got off too light last time. Oh, and amnesia-wise? Think we can do Nightfall a little better this time?”
Ahh! All of their adventures. It's fun reminiscing.

This story is so much fun, Sammy! I absolutely love it. Thanks for the super wonderful chapter and here's to hoping chapter 14 isn't far behind!

-laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Keeping spots open for shotgun weddings - hee. But hey, if the pregnant bride fits... goofy

I was delighted to see the scene with Martha. As for the planning ahead -- obviously things are going to be different this time around, but forewarned is forearmed, ounce of prevention worth a pound of cure, and all that. wink

PJ

p.s. I went looking for a site with information about Chutes & Ladders (also known as Snakes & Ladders, supposedly based on a game from India dating back to 200 BC <!> ) This is the best I could find, but there's a graphic of the board.

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Features Writer
Features Writer
I got lured in by the fanfic poster for this story and am now caught up ... very cool! I am really enjoying this! I love that Lois and Clark have a secret, in the larger scheme of things, and are working together, as opposed to Tempus Fugitive, where they spend most of the episode fighting.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Top Banana
Top Banana
I got lured in by the fanfic poster for this story
party

...my life feels rather complete now.

laugh

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Features Writer
Features Writer
Glad to help. laugh I want someone to make me some art for my story ... it's so sad without anything!

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I got lured in by the fanfic poster for this story
party

laugh
eek I have a poster? thud

I was home eating chocolate—cottage cheese.
Chocolate flavoured cottage cheese. It's a new flav—
I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just got back from a trip, and what a lovely treat to come home to! goofy

But, ooh...Lex killed Antoinette already? Is time already changing?? Will they be too late to save the Messenger?! jawdrop
Man! This is just upping the ante now, isn't it?

hail

~•~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I know it's been simply *ages* since I lasted posted a part, but I want you all to know that I *am* working on it, and part fourteen is very close to finished.

I was home eating chocolate—cottage cheese.
Chocolate flavoured cottage cheese. It's a new flav—
I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane
Columnist
Columnist
That's good to know!!
I loved this story and it would be a waste to never see it finished!!

-Camy

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard