Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#45206 08/06/07 08:45 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Poor Clark's still lingering under the influence of Kryptonite. The Kent's are being hounded by the paparazzi. Simon Truesdale's dead. Jack's in a coma from a GSW to the head! And Lois is still being held captive by Lex.

A bad day all round then. frown

“Just think, the day after tomorrow I will have what you desire most. Lois Lane will be *my* wife, and she’ll be in *my* bed. I’ve waited a long time to have her writhing underneath me.”
eek That gave me the willies when I read it! At least Clark has some hope now.

Clark sighed as the lights went out again and green was the only thing left for him to see.
Stop the madness!!! You're being cruel!
grumble

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#45207 08/06/07 10:26 AM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
I am sorry but I am having a hard time buying into the most recent parts of this story. Yes Lois was blind to Luthor in the show. But I just can't see her being stupid enough to trust this Luthor.

Period. She knows better but rather than a Lois playing for time you have a stupid stupid woman who really believes Luthor will keep his word.

It started well but it is getting harder to accept how stupid these characters act.

Framework4
#45208 08/06/07 01:35 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Inspector Henderson shook each of the Kents’ hands before taking the offered seat. “I was hoping that Clark would be here. I came by because I have some bad news. Jack was found last night. He’s in critical condition from a gun shot wound in the head.”
Angel, nooo! I hope he pulls through. Jack could contribute a lot to this investigation.
But not one single person looked his way, Lois included. In fact, they acted as if he wasn’t even there. Clark squared his shoulders, determined to save Lois from the evil standing before them. If she wouldn’t listen to him then he would take her and fly away with her. He’d take her to a place where Lex Luthor would never find her—would never be able to hurt her.
This dream is almost as if Clark is having retro thoughts about what he wished he would have done.
During his imprisonment, he’d had a few very vivid dreams involving the two of them, dreams that had jerked him awake, leaving him wishing that he had a cold shower at his disposal. Thinking about her was the only thing that kept him holding on.
Poor Clark. He loves Lois so much. All he can dream of is being with her.
“Just think, the day after tomorrow I will have what you desire most. Lois Lane will be *my* wife, and she’ll be in *my* bed. I’ve waited a long time to have her writhing underneath me.” It was impossible for Clark to miss the meaning of his words.

<I’ve waited a long time…>
Lex didn't realize that he had just given Clark all of the ammunition he needed to hang on for Lois. Now Clark knew for sure that Lois was not pregnant with that monster's child.
As the jet took off and they began their journey back to the States, she couldn’t help but wonder which prison was worse.
Someone has to stop this!

Another wonderful segment. I am dying for the almost wedding to happen so that Lois's and Clark's hell will come to an end!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#45209 08/06/07 02:07 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I am sorry but I am having a hard time buying into the most recent parts of this story. Yes Lois was blind to Luthor in the show. But I just can't see her being stupid enough to trust this Luthor.

Period. She knows better but rather than a Lois playing for time you have a stupid stupid woman who really believes Luthor will keep his word.

It started well but it is getting harder to accept how stupid these characters act.
Having beta-read through (almost) the end of part TWELVE, I have a few things to say on this subject. And I'm even temporarily coming off of hiatus to do it.

I don't think she's written Lois as stupidly believing that Luthor will keep his word. To me, it's more like she's choosing the lesser of two evils.

Either way (whether Lois goes along with Lex or not), Clark is going to be harmed, and on some level I think the Lois written here knows that. But if she doesn't go along with Lex now, then Lex will kill Clark at the earliest opportunity--not just after some indeterminate amount of time when he's outlived his usefulness to Lex.

In effect, with her actions, this Lois is buying both herself and Clark more time to take Luthor down. If they fail to take him down at all, then at least they had the time to try, and all because Lois acted like she believed Lex would keep his word--whether she really did believe it or not.

Added to that, she's basically been running on "scared ****less" (not of Luthor himself, but of what he can do to her loved ones) since chapter two or so, and fear drives even the most intelligent people to do things they wouldn't usually consider.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
#45210 08/07/07 06:02 AM
Columnist
Columnist
wave Hi, everyone!

gr8shadesofElvis wrote:

Stop the madness!!! You're being cruel!
peep Not sure if that was meant as a compliment or not! laugh Thanks for reading, gr8shadesofElvis, and thanks for the fdk!

Framework4, I don't see Lois as a woman who is stupid. I see a woman who has been backed into a corner and feels great fear for the people she loves. It's that fear that is driving her to make the decisions she's made. She doesn't nessarily believe that Luthor will keep his word--especially after the next chapter--but instead, feels that there is no way out at the moment. As each day goes by, she sees how twisted and sadistic Lex really is and what he's capable of. When she told him back in part 7 that she wouldn't marry him, Luthor showed her that he had not only Clark under surveillance, but Perry, Jimmy, and her sister, too. So, no, I don't see a stupid or blind woman, I see a woman driven by fear for the people that mean the most to her in this world. But knowing Lois Lane as we all do, she WILL find a way out...eventually.

I'm sorry that it has become too difficult for you to accept the characters' actions. I do appreciate that you've been reading and hope you continue to read, although I realize that the decision is entirely up to you.

Sheila wrote:

This dream is almost as if Clark is having retro thoughts about what he wished he would have done.
I never thought of it that way, but you're right.

I am dying for the almost wedding to happen so that Lois's and Clark's hell will come to an end!
peep I'm afraid that it's going to get worse--much worse--before it gets better. But it will get better, I promise, and with lots of waff at the end too! Thanks for the fdk, Sheila!

Darcy, Thanks for speaking up here during your hiatus. I really appreciate it. smile

Thanks again, everyone! The next part will be posted Monday.

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard