ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Well, what do you think?

#45119 08/04/07 01:12 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Looking forward to Lois rescuing Clark, so to speak.

Liked Lois' thought processes on her actions and loved the line about her "not being a hero." Perfect sentiments!! thumbsup thumbsup dance

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#45120 08/04/07 04:05 PM
B
Blogger
Blogger
B
I enjoy this story, but I haven't really cared for your characterization of Buffy, which is pretty one-dimensional. I think you're being frankly unfair to Buffy here. For instance, she might have mentioned that the first love that she killed was also a vampire who'd lost his soul, tried to destroy the world, and then regained his soul in the split second before she had to send him to hell. Buffy was also very humbled by her experiences towards the end, and I doubt she'd be so callous about having to hurt an innocent.

On the other hand, I do really like your characterizations of Faith, Willow, and especially of Lois. Just don't sabotage Buffy to make Lois look good: it isn't necessary.

#45121 08/04/07 05:38 PM
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
This entire story is written through Lois's point of view. While I like Buffy myself, Lois doesn't at this point. She is likely to interpret Buffy in the worst possible light because Buffy is the person who has to make the hard decisions. She's had to see people who trusted her die, and she had to kill an innocent in the past in the form of Angel. In that case, she had no choice.

Lois likes Faith because they have a lot in common, and because she's made an effort to reach out to Lois. Buffy would probably do that too, but she has to consider the good of the group first.

Hopefully, Lois will get a better opinion of her in the end, smile We'll see, anyway...

#45122 08/04/07 08:42 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Another great and harrowing chapter.

I love that Clark deliberately allowed Buffy to hurt him. Yes, Clark would much rather be hurt - or dead - than be used as an instrument to hurt people. Hopefully, if he is hurt, he can't do as much damage. And Amy may have to use some of her power to actually keep him alive. Of course, if that is the case, we'll just have to hope that Clark can survive if Lois kills Amy. Because that is what she has decided that she must do. I agree. Against these vampires and evil witches, there is nothing else you can do.

I love how Lois is determined to fight for Clark, and how she is motivated by her love for him:

They'd kill Clark, if they thought it was expedient, rather than let him be controlled by a monster. If Buffy was right, and Clark had chosen to allow himself to be stabbed, he might even think the same way.

All of them were heroes.

Luckily, Lois wasn't. She hadn't lost that spark of humanity that let her look beyond the numbers o see the value of a single human life.

Or even a single inhuman one.

Lois wasn't going to let them hurt Clark, no matter what Buffy thought was going to happen.
This is great, too:

They didn't stand a chance against Clark. No one did, except Lois.

According to the terms of the spell Clark was under, he could not be forced to hurt Lois. Neither Angelica nor Amy could either.

Lois wasn't sure whether that applied to any of their minions.

All in all though, it meant that she was the one with the best chance of stopping them. She would be the one to free Clark from slavery.
I love it. And I want to see it happen, too.

Ann

#45123 08/06/07 06:30 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Catching up. Not sure what I think of it at this point. Poor Clark. I hope Lois saves him and then heals him and then has her way with him. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#45124 08/07/07 12:02 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Still loving it.

I am wondering if Clark heals quicker than mere mortals and the scythe injury isn't going to be that much of a big deal.

I like where Lois is heading. I actually like her perception of Buffy... from the outside Lois (not knowing her whole story) would see her as somewhat cold...it's the nature of the slayer beast... in some ways similar to how Buffy saw Kendra early on... Just my opinion *shrugs*

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard