Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Daisymay, I am loving this! Way to be for Clark to step up and offer to raise her baby. And the way she got pregnant is both intriguing and horrifying.

I can't wait to see what his parents and everyone else's recation is ... you realize now they are going to HAVE to sleep together. LOL.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Ooooh, gaaaaahhh!!! I had really hoped that the baby would be Clark's. But of course, that would have required that he had pulled something resembling what he did in the movie Superman II, and I hated Superman in that movie! So it's hard to come up with a good explanation for how Clark could be the father here. And anyway, he isn't the father. Lois is carrying a rape-child! frown (A colleague of mine, who is very interested in biology and genetics, insists that humanity has become more cruel and ruthless because rapists - who are by definition cruel and ruthless - have used violence and force to father so many children. Then their children have passed on their fathers' "evil" genes to their own children. The rapists have simply contributed much too much to the gene pool of humanity.)

So to be honest, I wish that Lois would have an abortion here, because now she is helping a horrible man to have more offspring. It would have been different if she had gotten drunk and just chosen to sleep with someone - then she wouldn't have been raped, and she wouldn't be carrying a rapist's child. I wouldn't have wanted her to have an abortion if she had gotten pregnant by Claude, for example, because it was her own decision to have sex with Claude. But this - I have to admit, it gives me the shudders.

Anyway, you've got to love Clark here. He is adorable. Now I know what you mean by the title of your fic. And to the extent that you can teach and raise a child to be really a lot better than his or her genes would make them, with a surrogate father like Clark, there is hope for Lois's child, too.

Ann

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I sounded so harsh during my previous reply, so I need to add something. I'm not saying, of course, that a woman should automatically have an abortion because her pregnancy is the product of rape. She certainly shouldn't feel guilty for keeping her baby.

A while ago I saw a film from former Yugoslavia about a woman who had been raped repeatedly during the bloody conflicts of the Balkans during the 1990s. Eventually she became pregnant, and if she had had the slightest possibility, she would have aborted the hated foetus that grew inside her. But she was a prisoner, and she gave birth to her daughter in captivity. When she was released, her daughter had come to mean everything to her. The movie showed how the single mother had to take rather disgusting jobs - she had to work in sleazy bars, for example, which must have been horrible for her as a rape victim - but she just had to provide for her daughter. When her daughter asked her about her father, she couldn't have answered her even if she had wanted to. How could she know which of the many men who had raped her was the father? So she told the girl that her father was a war hero, a martyr who had died for his country.

Anyway, it was an incredibly moving film, and believe me, I rooted for the mother and the daughter. And I most certainly didn't wish that the mother could have aborted her child.

Ann

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
So she IS in fact pregnant. She was raped AND Clark proposes?! Wow. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I knew it was GHB! Still following your story but very little time!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wow so many things happened in the first 2 parts! I can't wait to see how Clark's parents, Perry and Jimmy will take the news.

Please come back soon with the next part!
Vanda

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard