#44919 07/30/07 09:45 AM
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Another fascinating part, Barbara!

He had to face his own weakness and somehow this seemed to be almost impossible to him. Why did he think that he should be stronger than that; that he wasn't allowed to fail?
How poignant this is. Clark doesn't know that he is Superman, but he knows in his guts that it is his duty to help other people.

He tried to pretend that he knew everything about his life. But this could lead to things going terribly wrong. He didn't like the idea of lying to Lois, but did he have any choice? It didn't seem fair. She had helped him unconditionally and how did he reward her efforts? But it wasn't just that. He despised lying in general; it made him sick to his stomach. And yet he did this to a woman who had to be really special to him. He could only hope that Lois wasn't too curious and wouldn't ask many questions. But he wouldn't bet on his being lucky.
Oooh, gaaaah. Even when he has lost his memory, he "knows" that he must lie to Lois. Again, he has no idea why. Oh, Clark, if I only could "re-program" you.

He couldn't understand why someone would call himself Superman. But he wouldn't be so stupid as to ask that question. Particularly after she had mentioned them being friends. And even if this was a misunderstanding, it was quite obvious that everyone else would know. Someone called Superman couldn't exactly be shy and he bet that this man was really famous. Clark had no idea who this Superman was. His name sounded more like one of a cartoon character. But that made no sense, so this Superman had to be someone else.
Oh Barbara, you really had me giggling with this! It was perfect! This demonstrates so brilliantly why Clark would be reluctant to assume his Superman persona. Because, just like Clark observes, a person who was presumptuous to call himself "Superman" would certainly not be shy, and he would be much like a cartoon character!

But, Barbara, how the heck could Lois disappear from Clark's apartment just like that? And why isn't Clark really curious or worried about what has happened to her? He's just going to bed. I think there is something creepy and nightmarish about the whole thing. In nightmares horrible and truly weird things can happen, and we just accept them.

So what has happened to Lois???? Please come back soon and let us know, Barbara! grovel

Ann

#44920 07/30/07 10:32 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow, Barbara. That was great. I could see Clark wondering around his apartment...lost and missing Lois.

I have to study but I am following. Great story. I'm enjoying it! dance

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#44921 07/30/07 12:38 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! grumble

Clark lacked any idea where he could have cut himself with glass. He didn’t remember any in the place where he had woken up. On the other hand, he wasn’t thinking very well right now. Blood was oozing from the gash and Clark reached for a second towel to press against his side. Now he was ready to search for Lois in the kitchen. And maybe he could find some clean clothes on his way. He put his glasses back on, figuring it would be easier to find everything he needed if he wore them.
Kryptonite? eek

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#44922 07/31/07 03:34 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Thanks for the comments, Ann, Sheila and Maria!

Oooh, gaaaah. Even when he has lost his memory, he "knows" that he must lie to Lois. Again, he has no idea why. Oh, Clark, if I only could "re-program" you.
Oh, come on, Ann. The poor guy is afraid. Besides, do you think you'd get some nice waffy scenes if Lois already knew that Clark was amnesiac? Would she have kissed him in Part 2? I don't think so. Lois wouldn't invade his privacy like this.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard