Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
If you had loved me, you couldn’t possibly have done what you did. Honestly, Clark – it’s hard to imagine you could have done that if all you felt for me was honest, platonic, affection. So clearly, while I spent the last ten years fantasizing about what would have happened had you lived – that’s all they were - fantasies. Because you did live and you let me think you hadn’t. You let me think you had died protecting me. You let me think you were a man of honor and clearly you are not.
Well said wildguy

Oh, honey, of course she is,” Martha said gently, “but she’ll get over it. You just need to give her time.”
What like two thousand years? Face it Clark unless Herb shows up you're dead meat.

Of course Tempus might pop in just to enjoy the show and Lois could go back in time using his time window and beat some sense into the Clark of ten years ago.

Of course neither is going to happen. Clearly this is the tale where Lois moves on and finds true love with someone else.

Framework4
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
"Clearly this is a tale where Lois moves on and finds true love with someone else."

Need a volunteer?

Tank (who says that it doesn't look good for the unhappy couple... ten years?)

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Well, I'm the one who always look at things from Lois's perspective, so I'm not really a good judge of Clark's behaviour here. Still, and for all of that - Clark, how could you????

It was ironic how simple that life seemed to him now when at the time he felt like he was constantly re-evaluating things with Lois – when and if to tell her how he felt, when and if to tell her about Superman….
It's no secret that I hate this. Clark insists that he loves Lois, but for all of that, he keeps putting off telling her his secret. He puts it off and puts it off, until it really becomes a question of whether he should tell her at all. I mean, come on - tell her, as in tell her???? Letting her see him as he is, and robbing himself of all the defence that is inherent in deceit??? Of course he loves her, but if he has to choose between telling her and letting her believe for ten years that he is dead - well of course he must her think that he is dead, right? Come on, otherwise he'd have to tell her!!!!

I'm so tired of Clark's cowardice and his deceit, and the suffering he keeps gratuitously, unnecessarily inflicting on Lois with his lies. Mr. Truth and Justice. Lois's faith in him was misplaced, indeed. I just hope that she can find happiness in this story. And I so, so hope that the requirement for a happy ending for her will not be that she will be forced to crawl back to Clark and beg him to please forgive her.

Ann

F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Originally posted by TOC:
And I so, so hope that the requirement for a happy ending for her will not be that she will be forced to crawl back to Clark and beg him to please forgive her.

Ann
Amen to that. And I don't see how this Lois Lane could live long enough to ever trust Clark again.

As I see it no matter how much groveling he does she would never be able to trust him. So she may accept him back, she may try to forgive him, but I can't see it working and I can't them being happy.

If they did get together it would just be another federal disaster.

Originally posted by Tank:
Need a volunteer?
rotflol

Originally posted by anonpip:
When Lois left shortly after Clark died...Lois Lane was already a three-time Kerth winner by the time Kent joined the Planet...Two months after Kent’s death, Lane’s byline had not appeared on the front page of the Planet since the article about Bonnie and Clyde. When she quit suddenly, her colleagues were not surprised, but they expected that in a few months she would recover and come back. However, it was two years before anyone saw her byline again, and that was on page 7 of an issue of the Boston Globe. Only her old colleagues at the Planet and those at the Globe even noticed how far she had fallen.

“Lane lasted at the Globe for no more than a year, never bringing in a big story, and when her byline was seen again six months later for Long Island Newsday it was only for small pieces – things like local dog shows. She stayed at Newsday for five years, but a year ago she quit the paper and no one has seen her byline since then.

“She just wasn’t herself after. She blamed herself for Clark’s death..."
Somehow I think learning Clark is alive may be just what this Lois Lane needs to move on in all aspects of her life.

I expect to see some classic hard hitting Lois Lane reporting appear very soon as she throws herself into her work.

I can see her walking into the offices of the San Diego Union Tribune with a top notch article. They take it as freelance, it is picked up nationwide and a couple of weeks later she is back with another. A month later NewsWire's Where are they now? feature is about the stunning return of Lois Lane.

peep This might make a better prelude to Superman Returns than did Superman II.

Lois and Clark could try to get together but after they get together it just isn't working and he flys off to check on Krypton. This Clark seems the type who would do so without saying "Goodbye".

To: anonpip

Please don't think we are angry with you, it is not you. You write an interesting tale, but your Clark is such a total scumbag, you are going to need dozens of parts to make us accept him as a good guy, let alone Lois accepting him again.

You need a good reason, or perhaps several good reasons, why Clark didn't tell Lois he was alive. Perhaps something like the events in the beginning of ML Thompson's The Second Stage of Grief

Perhaps you need both that and something like sending him to help Zara on New Krypton for a decade and starting this story just shortly after he returned to Earth.

I can see a jealous Clark not telling her and going to New Krypton because it is his duty and it is so much easier than staying and watching Lois go on with her life and get over him.

When he gets back she has dropped from sight and he assumes, since the Kents have not heard that she died or anything, that she has married and been distracted from her career by having and raising children.

Disclaimer: I did NOT say Lois Lane would be distracted from her career by having and raising children. I said this Clark could think that.

It could be that NewsWire's Where are they now? feature is the first time he learned what really happen to her.

Framework4

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard