Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Well, I guess I'll start the thread!

I like the shift in viewpoint. Presenting this as Kent family history is certainly a different way to go about it. You lose the wonder of how this part of the story will end, but you gain so much in bringing in the other viewpoints from the different journals. I was wondering where this story had gone, and now I see that it was growing up a little more. Maybe you could give us some of the Kryptonians's journal entries, too. It would be absolutely fascinating to read what Nor might have put down on paper just before his last battle with Clark.

As I wrote this, I was reminded of Bram Stoker's "Dracula," which was written entirely in various journal entries. It's not quite what you're doing, but it does provide an excellent literary precedent. I just wish I'd thought of it first.

By the by, if you happen to see a story of mine with journal entries in it from one character, it is the sincerest form of flattery.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
As Terry said, this is an interesting way to present your story. Something different.

Tank (who like most people is not a big fan of the NKers)

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Nice start, I like this approach better than "Invasion" but I'm not a big fan of the new Krypton arc.

Framework4

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard